Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Hey @ShortErica , and everyone.... I haven't been on here much... BIC seems to be giving me the gears with loading pages.  I did need to say that I do really enjoy the Dr. Jart under eye mask, like you I like the size, I'm going to need to do a comparison between it and the Skyn eye gels now!  Hope everyone's doing well!

I should have done a duel @missjeanie. Let us know when you try both again and your thoughts. You aren't alone in the BIC frustration. It was really slow, seemed to improve some I want to say maybe Saturday for me, but wasn't perfect, and now is slow again with loading. Hopefully it is fixed soon!

So many good masks here, @ShortErica! That Dr. Jart + is nice, the shape is just right and it adheres nicely. 

It really does! I haven't seen any other masks that shape before @eshoe. It seems such a logical way to extend an eye mask.

Agreed, @ShortErica - wish there were more like it! TCFS has one, or Tony Moly- not sure. I have it but haven’t tried it yet. Maybe I will pull it out this week to compare!

I think I would of loved that scent on the rose one @ShortErica but from your description if it's hard to remove,, I'd pass on it in the future

It was the type where you'd think you have it off and then need to rub more @lmaster. Not the hardest to remove but did take some effort and I was glad I hopped in the shower to do it vs. over a sink.

@ShortErica  What a great line up of masks! As far as bubble masks go, that sounds like a nice one - especially the shaving cream consistency πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

I loved that apple-zone mask! - it's really easy to keep it on longer than suggested! I love the picture! Glad to hear the lip mask stuck on good - those are notorious for being slippery lil' buggers!

Thanks @Shosh85! I was very happy the lip mask stuck on so well. I didn't attempt talking but you're right, the couple I've tried were slippery. It always cracks me up how comically big they are.

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Weird theme - another bubble mask..in sheet mask form. Fit?Almost perfect, it started bubbling as soon as oxygen hit the packaging so i had to work fast. i did have some trouble with the nose flap. it got tucked underneath & then when I finally got it down- half covered a nostril.πŸ˜’ Bubbles up your nose is a bit annoying so I had to adjust again.. Smell? Roses. Real rose scent but it not listed. Lavender is & that is what I was hoping it would smell like. But this was a more than pleasant scent for me 😁🌹 Consistency?It did bubble underneath & on the mask itself to the point I was worried it would slid off. I left it on for about 18 min..by then the bubbles had done there thing but still were hanging out πŸ€— Ease of use? I remained still but sitting for this one. i was able to walk around but I didn't talk. i didn't want to risk getting bubbles in my mouth😝 I did get some bubbles in my hair so on a messy scale from 1-5..1 being not messy & 5 being holy bubbles everywhere. I would give this a 3. Would I  purchase/try again?My skin & pores did look & feel cleaner. If it exfoliated, it was gentle. i added this on with a direct order and I would again. Would happily buy a box if I saw it at TJ or M. {in fact. that would be great. A single mask costs $4.} πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™ the mask performed well.

@sonnydee ohhhh this one sounds really good!! Does it happen to have witch hazel??

0727202201.jpg

 Nope, no witch hazel. @lmaster 

Awesome!! @sonnydee thank you 😊 going on the list πŸ˜‰

This one sounds fun, @sonnydee, even the scent πŸ˜„ So much better when you can find a box of five for about the same price as one, though, isn't it?

Exactly@eshoe.   & I remind myself that & it helps curb some of my spending & shopping for sheet masks. Most of the time😝

@sonnydee  Bubble masks can be a lot of fun, as long as you don't get any in your eyes or mouth! Probably a good decision to keep your mouth closed πŸ˜‚ Happy to hear this one performed well!

No talking with this one @Shosh85 πŸ™Š

TJ Maxx boxes are so the way to buy masks @sonnydee! Hope it pops up there for you.

Me too. If not I'll just add 1 in my direct TCS orders @ShortErica to hit the free shipping mark πŸ˜‹

RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

D is for Deep Purifying. I whipped out your Charcoal Face Mask. My skin felt nice and smooth after a good soak. Of course I’m not sure if I have found a lookatme mask that I haven’t liked. Really a lovely mask. Light lemony slight fruit scent. Comfortable but a bit short in the forehead, not a dealbreaker.

Re: RE: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@Weetart  I'm not a big fan of charcoal masks because of my skin type, but I thought this one was great! Happy to hear you've been enjoying the line! πŸ˜ƒ

13,054 Replies