Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@PrettyPaint, applying the oil first worked out very well! ๐Ÿ‘ Thank you so much for giving me a heads up on that. ๐Ÿค— 

@itsfi  

I keep reading such positive reviews on that Innisfree mask! I'll definitely have to pick it up very soon - I love that it's inexpensive too! Glad to hear it worked well for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have never tried the Ulta lip balms, but it sounds like how I feel about the Sephora Collection ones. The only one I would ever repurchase (and have several times actually) is the Honey one, and of course, I don't even see it listed with the others anymore ๐Ÿ˜ข ..... love your repurpose idea! ๐Ÿ’ก

@Shosh85, the Sephora Collection honey lip balm and scrub is my hands down favorite from that line. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ I keep telling myself that they are just reformulating it for the clean line (and that the reformulation will not negatively change its effectiveness)! ๐Ÿคž Please, oh please, let that be the case . . . 

@itsfi  Well, I really hope it's not gone for good.... but that does seem to happen to everything I call my "favorite".... ๐Ÿ˜…

I can relate @Shosh85! The honey one was the best of them.  ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ At this point, I may refer to my "favorites" or "HG" products as just being "meh!" It seems that way, they'll be around FOREVER!!! ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ 

@Shosh85, you know I do like the GlamGlow SuperMud, but it can be very strong. My skin has been on the extra sensitive side of late so this Innisfree mask has been nice. It is strong in the sense that it does detoxify pores and pull out excess oil, but for me, it's not drying, where the SuperMud can be drying. Consistency of the Innisfree clay mask is like creamy paste. It goes on comfortably and I feel a cooling sensation when applying it and for a short time while having it on. It does dry down but doesn't feel hard or tight; washes off easily and does a good job of absorbing oil from my face and leaving my skin looking clean, and feeling soft, smooth. I read somewhere that it contains microcapsules in the clay that contains AHA that are activated as you spread the mask over your face. I don't recall ever feeling any microcapsules bursting or being activated. but it does do a good job of exfoliating and unclogging pores on my lower T-zone and along my jawline; it helps with reducing the size of pimples too, though I would say the SuperMud works faster in that regard.

Innisfree swatch.jpg

@itsfi  Thank you so much for the detailed info! I really like how this one sounds. I also like SuperMud, but I can really only use it as a dab here and there on blemishes, so I like that the Innisfree is a bit more gentle on dry skin. Of course I took too long thinking about whether to buy this one, and now it's not even on the Sephora site anymore. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll definitely have to add it to my next RoseRose Shop order! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85, SuperMud is great but potent; sometimes too potent for all over my face. But yes, as a spot treatment, muy bueno! I'm hoping it's a repackaging for this mask.

@itsfi love this innisfree mask!! Yeah the whole "whitening" label needs to go!!

@lmaster, it's such a nice mask. I find I like quite a few of the Innisfree skincare products. ๐Ÿ˜

Thought I'd "Clean" out my pores tonight:

IMG_20210419_221259_195.jpg

I will look around for a sample of this one, @CookieGirl1 - like @lmaster, I am dealing with some masker too๐Ÿ˜ข

@CookieGirl1  Did it work well for you? Could always use a good pore cleaner-outer ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 Typically I don't like/wouldn't recommend Philosophy skincare but I actually LOVE this mask.  It's clay-based with very tiny exfoliating particles and I swear, my face looks and feels amazing after I rinse it off.

@CookieGirl1  Ooooh, sounds wonderful! ๐Ÿ™Œ

I've been on this kick this week @CookieGirl1 good ol maskne 

Another Peach mask and a Papa Recipe mask I was gifted from the lovely @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜Š

3CF9C5C0-4DB7-450B-963F-5EE26B66879C.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop Peach Infused Face Mask

Material:

Medium thickness cotton

Serum:

Jelly serum but not much of it in the pouch or on the mask

Scent:

Sort of a combo of peach and floral, but peach is what stood out the most. It was light and not too noticeable while the mask on

Fit:

Classic Creme Shop fit - too long at the forehead and chin, too wide at the temples and the space between the eyes was a little too wide.

The adherence wasn't great, which isn't surprising considering how dry it started.

Wear Time:

This thing would not stay on, and I had to constantly pat it down. I managed to keep it on for 15 minutes

Tack:

Very light, lasted about 10 minutes

Results:

Soft and lightly hydrated skin with a nice glow. The results were pretty decent considering the short wear time and adherence issues

Repurchase?

Since this one was close to expiring, I think I would repurchase, but mostly because I want to see if a fresher mask makes a difference.

F0AD832C-F85C-4047-87C2-24B2B9318B76.jpeg

EF12A616-0C41-4972-8879-A7D75DBE22B5.jpeg

Spoiler
 Papa Recipe Real Centella Gauze Mask Pack

Material:

Medium thickness gauze

Serum:

Milky

Scent:

Sort of fresh & clean and leafy

Fit:

Just a little long at the chin

Wear Time:
Half hour

Tack:

Very light, stuck around for about 5 minutes

Results:

Refreshed, a smidge brighter, soft and comfortably hydrated skin with a nice glow

Repurchase?

Yes, definitely! I love how comfy the gauze is and I am always a sucker for milky serum ๐Ÿ˜ƒI'm not sure there's been anything from this brand I haven't liked!

3D730BA8-67E1-4D8C-87A5-EB785DAB9677.jpeg

I'm curious about the jelly mask!! @Shosh85 I really need to try the papa recipe mask too!! @eshoe maybe I'm hoarding it ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  The Peach mask wasn't bad, I just think it could've been a lot better if it wasn't so dry.

I loved the Papa Recipe mask - it's definitely going on the top of my repurchase list! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I just used this one again tonight, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ™‚ So happy it worked alright for your skin. The more you use a mask, the more you think about how it could be tweaked...a thinner gauze might be a nice lift to the Papa, but otherwise, yay for a nice skin treat!

@eshoe  This is such a nice one! Thanks so much again for sending it over - I didn't even know this one existed, so I was super happy to be able to try it out! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

21,367 Replies
testing