Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

If I had to guess, @PrettyPaint, I would say we are all still on last week! You are caring for your skin, and that alone is worth it๐Ÿ™‚ 

Thanks so much @eshoe. I am definitely trying to be kind to my skin this week (and have been cutting down on the exfoliation)! ๐Ÿ™‚

T is for The creme shop and U is for Unicorn

IMG_20210512_085339944.jpg

• I was excited to see i did have one of these sheets, I remember @Shosh85 saying there is shimmer in the serum! Yes, there definitely is!!
  • There was not much extra serum at all, I did put my hand in the package to examine it for shimmer ๐Ÿ˜† it wasn't extreme, but it was definitely there
  • I can't remember the exact scent, it wasn't anything off putting
  • Fit was good, sheet was thin and had a cute unicorn print
  • I left it on for 15 minutes with no issues
  • After removing and massaging the serum is when I started having problems...
  • My face started to itch,,, and then turned blotchy and red and hives began to appear ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
  • I've never had this reaction to any other skincare product ever!!
  • So needless to say,,, I washed my face and applied some delikate recovery serum and it was instant relief!!
  • As cute as it is,,,I'll have to pass on this one

@lmaster, Ack!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ Sorry to hear this broke you out in hives. I wonder what in the ingredients for this may have triggered that. 

Idk @itsfi I did look over the ingredients and seen a couple that I was not familiar with, but I can't pin point

@lmaster, being able to narrow it down to a couple possible culprits is good. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ  Thatโ€™s better than not knowing at all. 

@lmaster  Oh man, that does not sound like fun! So sorry! 
Luckily, when I used it I didn't experience any negative side effects from it, but it's also one I have no desire to use again. The shimmer was probably the best part for me ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank goodness you didn't experience this!! @Shosh85 I knew it wasn't outstanding for you, I couldn't remember if you had any reactions 

Oh well....shoot @lmaster. Not what I would expect from a unicorn! Sorry and I hope your skin is recovering quickly!

I know! I was so looking forward to a little shimmer on my complexion too @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@lmaster Oh yikes! I hope everything is calming down.

@Samtian as soon as I washed the serum off and applied the KS it felt so much better

@lmaster - oh no! That unicorn looks too cute to give hives. I can see why that would be a pass.

@missy94612 it felt terrible!! I've been religiously masking for 3 years,, maybe a bit longer and that's never happened before ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

@lmaster  Oh no, hives? I'm so very sorry! I have one of these somewhere actually and now I'm scared. 

@PrettyPaint I know others have used it, I honestly don't know what in it caused the reaction

T is for toning and a little T.L.C. for the tushie, tush, tuchus, or however you may refer to yours. Hahaha! 

T - tushie.jpg

Bawdy Beauty "Bite It" Butt Mask:

Spoiler
Bawdy Beauty Butt Masks are no stranger to this thread. This "Bite It" varietal is aimed at hydrating and toning the tushie. The butt masks come with two sheets, one for each cheek. This particular version is magenta-hued with "Bite It" emblazoned across the sheets in white lettering. Hmmm, we do have rainbow week coming up next month; I'll have to see if I have another one of these masks to use then. 

Like a sheet mask for your face, this butt mask is full of essence but it's all held in the sheets so it doesn't feel oversaturated and it's not dripping all over. Unlike a face mask sheet, it's best to slap these sheets on and lie down on your stomach for 10-15 minutes. These sheets feel cool on the cheeks and that cooling sensation can be felt after removing the mask as well. As for its claims, I'd say yes to hydration, albeit temporarily; as for toning, I don't think my bum looked or felt more toned, but maybe, like their face mask counterparts, I need to use these more regularly to see those particular results. If anything, these are a fun way to give your hiney some TLC, and yourself a little downtime. 

Spoiler
As for a photo, my fanny was on the shy side so there will be no butt-fie (butt selfie) - you're welcome.As for a photo, my fanny was on the shy side so there will be no butt-fie (butt selfie) - you're welcome.
I'll post my U masks this week another day, but in the meantime, a couple of U's for updates.

Update #1: Exfoliating Foot Mask. It's Day 9 since I used a peel foot mask and my soles and heels are beginning to show signs of shedding. Yesss!!!! I was worried that the hour I had on those foot masks would be for naught. We shall see how long this process takes with this particular brand. It's not looking like I'll have any big pieces, which I'm a bit bummed about, but I'll be patient. Stay tuned. 

Update #2: Sheet Mask Pare Down. I've now gone from 80 masks to 30 and based on my plan, can technically start purchasing more sheet masks. I did pick up a few before hitting the 30-mark to take advantage of the Sephora sale but I limited it to 3 sheet masks. With Memorial Day coming up, I think I will hold off on picking up any more sheet masks until then to see what sales I can find. I'm surprised that I'm willing to hold off a little longer. We'll see if I can make it to Memorial Day. lol. 

@itsfi  No butt-selfie is completely understandable- haha! Besides, I'm not so sure Sephora would allow that ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†

These are kinda spendy, but definitely super entertaining! Oh, and it's also the only mask my husband has ever encouraged me to buy. ๐Ÿคฃ Glad your tushie could get some TLC

Oh my goodness! Great job reaching your mask goal! I think it's sooo smart to wait for Memorial Day to buy more masks - there's always some kind of sale going on!

@Shosh85, hahaha! That's so funny that it's the only mask your husband encourages - maybe that means the two of you both use a Bawdy butt mask. ๐Ÿ˜‚ They are on the pricey side. Credo Beauty carries them so I pick them up during their friends and family sale - it's usually sometime in the fall, I want to say late September / early October.

Oh my goodness, getting from 80 to 30 sheet masks has been a bit of a bear; harder than I thought it would be. I'm all about a good sale, Shosh! Especially when it comes to sheet masks and skin care and ... well, pretty much everything. lol. Oh yes, I'm looking forward to those Memorial Day sales! 

I don't use sheet masks as often when the weather warms up (my clay masks see more use then as the oilier parts of my face seem to act up more in late spring/summer). So I may try this next haul to only restock up to 50 - 60 masks instead of 80, but I think we both know that will mean it'll be closer to 60 masks ๐Ÿคฃ, and aim for a 30-day mask pack, another one 7-day pack, and the rest individual sheet masks. That should give me a good mix of oldies-but-goodies as well as newbie masks. ๐Ÿ˜† We'll see how this goes. ๐Ÿคž

@itsfi I'm pretty sure my husband wouldn't try a butt mask - he just wants me to do them ๐Ÿ˜†

Having self-control isn't easy, especially when it comes to masks! Sounds like you have a great plan! Can't wait to see what sales pop up and which masks you decide to get! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

@Shosh85, tell me about it. I definitely donโ€™t want to go overboard again with sheet masks. Itโ€™s a hard balance to find the right mix of favorite or loved sheet masks to consistently include in a routine and new ones to try. Especially since new sheet masks pop up everywhere! Why just one face?!! ๐Ÿ˜† 

21,372 Replies
testing