Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Kim888  Hmmm, strange indeed! I've never run across a mask like this before ๐Ÿค” The scent sure sounds delicious though! ๐Ÿ˜‹

@Kim888, oh an interactive sheet mask I've not seen before. The orange scone scent sounds great, but that is very strange how it is intended to work. Definitely fitting for this week's challenge theme.

Thinking out loud here, do you think it would lather up more and perhaps function more effectively if you wet the powder filled tea bag and then rubbed it in between the palms of your hands? To create a lather that way (instead of rubbing the tea bag against your face)? And then apply the foam / bubbles from your hands to your face and massage / work the product into your skin similar to how you might with the Fresh powder or other powder-based peels? Wondering if that might work out better. ๐Ÿค”

@itsfi @I did try to do that but maybe I wasnโ€™t doing it hard enough or for long enough? Iโ€™ll try that next time and see if itโ€™s more effective ! 

@Kim888, itโ€™ll be interesting to see if it works better if you applied more pressure or longer; but Iโ€™d only want to do that with the tea bag in my palms. Gentle on the face! This is beginning to sound like it going to be a very interactive masking session! ๐Ÿ˜† 

@Kim888 That is weird. 

V is for vegan with an ingredient focus on avocado oil (sorry @Samtian!)

V - vegan (avocado oil).jpg

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
I feel like a few folks here, including @WinglessOne (and I want to say a few others) have used this Leaders #17VDerma PibuWang Mask - Rest, a soft, thin, 100% natural cotton, vegan sheet mask saturated in a clear, thin, watery essence infused with a light, clean, slightly herbal, and pleasant scent. Adherence is great. Fit is a smidge large all around the perimeter, but the slits at the bottom of the mask are well placed so that I can easily fold the extra material at the chin. The openings for the eyes and mouth are sized well, and a snip here and there to the corners of the eye openings allow for the material in those areas to lay flat against my skin. The mask feels cooling, refreshing and soothing on the skin for the entire half hour I had on the mask. My skin felt very hydrated and soothed afterwards and my complexion looked fresh-faced with a radiant, dewy brightness to it. This is a definite repurchase.

Hair Mask:

Spoiler
Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask is another mask from Briogeo that just really works for my hair. This particular hair mask, in all its green hued and sweet and fruity scented glory has a thicker, richer, creamier consistency to it than other Briogeo masks I've used, which lends itself beautifully to moisturizing the hair without weighing it down or making it feel heavy. My hair is on the fine side so I tend to just use this particular mask on my ends and part of the length of my hair; I avoid applying this directly onto the crown of my head, electing instead to focus on that area only and even then very briefly, when rinsing out the mask. This helps to keep my hair from being weighed down but at the same time gives it the nourishment it needs for soft, silky smooth tresses. 

Lip Care:

Spoiler
Milani Green Goddess Transforming Lip Balm is a pale green tinted balm that feels like butter when applied and leaves lips feeling moisturized, and looking slightly more plump with a soft, sheer pink to the lips.

Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kindโ„ข Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL 

@itsfi Oooh had mask sounds really interesting - cooling masks are so great for summer! 

@Kim888, the cooling felt so nice. Youโ€™re right - these masks would be great in the summer. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi Pleh. Do you have a never ending supply of yuckycado stuff?

@Samtian @itsfi Perhaps ๐Ÿ˜‚

89F01ABE-7C13-41B5-A072-E28EB537CC8E.gif

โ€ƒ

Hahaha @Samtian! No, I do not, but you are inspiring me to set that as a goal. ๐Ÿ’กThat's definitely an avocaDO! ๐Ÿฅ‘ Ohhh yeah, a never ending supply of avocaDO masks! Enabled! Love it. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฅ‘ All thanks to you Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜ 

laughing avocado.jpg

@itsfi Thrilling....so happy to help...

@Samtian, your overwhelmingly joyous excitement is palpable! ๐Ÿ˜น 

In my sheet mask library, I'm going to dedicate a section to you. And, do you know what section that will be?! 

Wait for it . . . 

The avocaDO mask section!!!  Ohhhhh, yeaaahhh!!! ๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ‘

No need to say anything, samitan. We know there are no words to express how you feel. Hahaha! 

โ€œThis particular hair mask, in all its green hued and sweet and fruity scented gloryโ€

I couldnโ€™t have said it better myself, @itsfi! Love that Briogeo mask. I hav ruses that sheet mask, as well, but it has been awhile. I believe I received it in a Facetory box๐Ÿค”

@eshoe, the Briogeo hair masks have all been loves!! ๐Ÿ’– I think I ended my Facetory subscription before they offered this sheet mask as part of a box. ๐Ÿ™ But I managed to pick it up in another set and my skin is happy that I did. Are you still subscribed to the Facetory mask box? 

Yes, I think all of the Briogeo masks have been loves for me as well, @itsfi. I have been unsubscribed to all beauty boxes since December and Iโ€™ve been contemplating for the last five months which ones to get back on board with come July. I may not do Facetory right away, but it is one I would strongly consider subbing to again. Even if it was an off month, it was always fun to try something new!

@itsfi ohhh love the briogeo hair mask!!

@lmaster, I've been happy with all the Briogeo hair masks that I've tried and I'm pretty sure I've tried all of the ones from the brand. 

@itsfi  Oh, I keep hearing good things about that Leaders mask! Glad to hear you love it! Will have to look and see if it's included in any of the sales! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, soko glam carries a 5-pack of it for $17.99 (says the masker who also said that "try one before you buy 10" is the approach she's aiming for - hahaha!) and is offering 15% on first time purchases if you sign up for their email newsletter and text alerts. Leaders also carries newer manufactured ones in the 5 pack and as a single mask, but no sale announced yet. In addition to those, Leaders has also marked down single and 5 packs of this mask that expired last month (expired 4-19-2021). 

You are so helpful @itsfi! Thanks for the info!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

21,372 Replies
testing