Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  This is such a nice one! I'm not even a big fan of floral scents, but I didn't mind this one. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Happy to hear it's a winner for you too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ™Œ

I think the milky serum is what really makes this one stand out, @Shosh85! It was definitely a โ€˜special occasionโ€™ mask for me ๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe fan of floral ๐Ÿ™‹ ๐Ÿ˜† just not too strong,,, this sounds nice

It was @lmaster, and you know the ease of just removing the bottom for a snack is an added bonus๐Ÿ˜‰

Mood = bananas ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

W - mood = bananas.jpg

Okay, this sheet is literally bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S (Thank you Gwen Stefani! That line never gets old.)
As in, it is made out of banana fiber. Wait, what?!!! Yes, that's right, the sheet material is made from banana fibers. ๐ŸŒ This is a first for me and another fun masking theme; thanks @PrettyPaint! I will have to do some more research on banana fibers, and will be keeping an eye out to see if it catches on with other brands. 

Spoiler

Mask:Facetory Oats My Bananas Sheet Mask

Material:Banana fiber - yes, banana
Soft, thin-ish, feels pliable. If crayola were to blend light cream and pale yellow together, it would be the color of this sheet. Adheres beautifully and wears comfortably.
Fit:
Standard = slightly too large all around (1" to 1-1/2" too long at chin / jawline; 1/4" - 1/2" too wide at the temples, too much material over the nose bridge; and the openings for eyes and mouth are too narrow)
Good; the only adjustments I needed to make for a tailored fit was to make minor incisions to the bottom inner corner of the eye opening to help the material lay flat against my skin and to snip off 1/2" from the chin / jawline and slap that over the 1/4" of space at the top of my forehead.
Essence / Serum:Unscented, rich, milky serum, the consistency of which lands between an emulsion and a very light cream.

Claim(s):Plump, soft, glowing, moisturized and soothed skin
Notable Ingredients:
Oats, allantoin, panthenol, witch hazel, ceramide

Performance & Results:Just as it claims, my skin feels wonderfully nourished and bouncy. Certain parts of my face felt more taut and I had that healthy dewy glow to my complexion. One thing to note was that I experienced a slight tingling about 5 minutes into having the mask on. This occurred on my right cheek, an area where I tend to be more sensitive, but it's odd that I only started feeling it part way through the mask session. In any event, it didn't last long at all; as I look at the inci list, it might have been the witch hazel.

My Two Cents:This is a lovely mask. Best suited for those with dry skin or combination skin. Those with oily skin may like this in the colder, winter months. 

Regularly priced at $2.80, I'm not sure it would be a contender for daily masking for me, but this is one I would consider incorporating into a weekly or monthly masking routine.

Will I Repurchase?:Yes

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from Facetory:  
Water, Avena Sativa (Oat) Meal Extract, Butylene, Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Cetearyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Betaine, Allantoin, Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ammonium, Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hamamelis, Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Water, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Diethoxyethyl Succinate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phospholipids, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ceramide NP, Ethylhexylglycerin

@itsfi  

Your mix of banana merch is so cute! That pink banana key ring with the Minion on it is adorable!

Thank you @missy94612! That's the TonyMoly strawberry banana lip balm on the key chain. ๐Ÿ“๐ŸŒ Minions and TonyMoly had a collab; I think it was earlier this year, maybe? There were some fun things in that collection.

@itsfi  This mask looks so nice! ๐Ÿ™‚  I kinda wish it smelled like bananas, though.  I think I could potentially have this one somewhere too, so now I'm pumped to try. By the way, I LOVE that sweatshirt. So cute. My mood is always bananas I feel like. 

It would have been great if it smelled like bananas @PrettyPaint! ๐ŸŒ I hope you do have one in your mask stash; this was very nourishing and soothing! ๐Ÿ’“ This sweatshirt is super comfy. All the Glow Recipe sweatshirts that I have are really comfy and cozy. 

Oh my gosh this sounds amazing!!! @itsfi @PrettyPaint excellent theme!

@lmaster, it was extra chilly and the Glow Recipe banana sweatshirt was looking might comfy so it also helped to inspire the masking theme. ๐ŸŒ

Ok that little banana plushie is absolutely adorable@itsfi โ˜บ๏ธ 

This Facetory mask sounds much better than I would have expected! I was just on their site creating a cart, and surprised to see that it is now mostly Factory-branded sheet masks. @lmaster enjoyed their chamomile waffle mask, so now there are two to try;)

Oh nice!! @eshoe thanks for the heads up ๐Ÿ˜

Youโ€™re welcome, @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜˜

@eshoe, thank you! My niece and I have matching banana plushies. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒ  I was also pleasantly surprised by this oats and banana mask; I initially thought it was a mask that included banana and oats in the serum. A surprise that it's a banana fiber sheet mask.

I noticed that too when I was on the Facetory website. I picked up one of the lotus masks and that chamomile waffle mask - it looks like it is very soothing; will have to try to find @lmaster's review of it! I wonder what percentage of the sub boxes are Facetory brand masks and what percentage are third party sheet masks? @lmaster, do you have a Facetory sheet mask subscription?

@itsfi oh yes I do!!

@lmaster, since Facetory has come out with more sheet masks of its own, have you noticed an uptick in the number of Facetory brand sheet masks in the subscription box? Or are the contents still as varied by brand as they were previously?

@itsfi I feel like it's half and half, this is the ONLY subscription I've kept over the years because of the variation

@lmaster, interesting that it is half-and-half. The sub box did have some nice variety. I just had too many sheet masks to keep the subscription.

No you're right!! I swear @itsfi I feel like it was half and half but.. no,, it's either one or two facetory brand masks that were in the last month

@itsfi Yay for sharing cuddly things with your niece ๐Ÿฅฐ 

I looked at the sub as well and it appears at this point that only one mask is Facetory branded. I have accumulated quite a few points and was planning to exchange them for masks, but thing I may try the subscription again just to get a variety. Who knows, I might end up with the banana

mask๐Ÿ˜„

eta it appears โ€˜thinkโ€™ is now โ€˜thing,โ€™ which isnโ€™t too bad

21,373 Replies
testing