Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thanks @lmaster. Perfect or near perfect fits with sheet masks are a rarity for me, so I definitely take note when it comes my way. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@itsfi   

I've not heard of a couple of those ingredients before. You always have such interesting and unique masks. 

Yeah @missy94612! Hahaha! I am drawn to new skincare ingredients in the KBeauty space; well, pretty much any skincare space. ๐Ÿ˜‚ There's been a lot more soothing ingredients in the skincare market and that makes sense with all the mask wearing we were doing. I'm still partial to aloe, honey, calendula and centella asiatica, but I also just love seeing what's new out there and giving it a go. 

@itsfi  

A calendula mask sounds like it would be very soothing. I've really liked the Kiehl's calendula mask.

What a unique plant, @itsfi. It looks like itโ€™s one that needs a lot of water and TLC! 

The scent on the mask sounds extremely intriguing, too. Adding another one to the list;)

@eshoe, the scent on this mask kept me busy and perplexed. I was able to find a couple English versions of the inci list and that has been helpful as Iโ€™ve been looking up more info on the various ingredients, which has helped to shed some light on why I pick up certain smells, including this occasional and very faint whiff of mint when I would stick my nose into the packet. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™ll try to post more info this weekend on my findings.

No water needed for this particular plant. ๐Ÿชด๐Ÿ˜‰ One of the businesses near me is closing up (theyโ€™re moving out of state) and they were trying to offload as many things as they could so along with some stationary items I picked up, I got a faux plant. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I am wondering what real life plant itโ€™s meant to resemble because it does look interesting (and like something I might want to have, depending on how much care it requires).

It is always reassuring to know there are others who share a passion for paper items, @itsfi! I think it is right up there with beauty for me. Itโ€™s hard to say no to a cute pen, or eraser, or washi, or stickersโ€ฆthank goodness for small spaces, helps to keep me on trackโ˜บ๏ธ

Well you picked up a beautiful little specimen, and I can definitely appreciate the low maintenance aspect of it!

@itsfi  Zaodam?... well that's one I've never heard of before! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ This mask sounds wonderful! 

@Shosh85, this entire sheet mask - name, ingredients - intrigued me, and gave me a lot of homework to do last night after work. Not too much out there but from what I can gather, it seems that Zaodam is a line/sub-brand in the Manyo portfolio. I was able to find an English version of the ingredients list and itโ€™s slowly making more sense where the blend of scents I picked up is coming from. I have some more research to do but itโ€™s been a fun little adventure. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Green Tea Showdown! ๐ŸŒฑ

51399DFF-F6E2-4918-82BE-E51790A4947F.jpeg

Spoiler

Green Tea duel

Material:

Ariul: Tencel

Etude House: Thin cotton

Holika Holika: Thin cotton

Innisfree: Thin cotton

Serum:

Ariul: Milky

Etude House: Clear, watery

Holika Holika: Clear, watery, slightly sudsy

Innisfree: Clear, watery

Scent:

Ariul: Light green tea

Etude House: Like rubbing alcohol with a hint of green tea (alcohol is 5th in the list of ingredients)

Holika Holika: Sort of a mix of citrus, floral and green tea. It was light and I didn't really smell it while it was on my face.

Innisfree: A mix of green tea and floral. It was light and not too noticeable while the mask was on.

Fit:

Ariul: Too wide at the temples and a little too long at the chin

Etude House: A tiny bit too wide at the forehead, a little too long at the chin and the mouth hole was too big.

Holika Holika: Just a little too long at the chin/jaw

Innisfree: Just a tiny bit too long at the jaw and a little too wide. This one also had forehead tabs, which I usually either fold over or chop off, depending on the kind of mood I'm in. ๐Ÿ˜†

Wear Time:

All were worn for a half hour

Tack:

Ariul: None

Etude House: Light tack - stuck around for about 10 minutes

Holika Holika: Very light that only stuck around for a few minutes.

Innisfree: None

Results:

Ariul: Soft and smooth, comfortably hydrated skin with a little bit of a glow.

Etude House: Soft and smooth skin that was lightly hydrated and little brighter.

Holika Holika: Soft and smooth, lightly hydrated skin

Innisfree: Soft and smooth, comfortably hydrated skin.

Who wins?

These all had nice results, but the Ariul mask was definitely my most favorite. The combo of great results, great scent and milky serum is hard to beat ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Repurchases?

I would use all of these again, but the Ariul mask is the only one I'd repurchase

Ingredients:

Spoiler
Ariul:
7A61A8E4-9E3B-4A09-AA5E-A55471743B4F.jpeg

Etude House:
CAB25CBB-84D9-4D21-A32F-DCBA095C931B.jpeg

Holika Holika:
27C34E96-5B6C-46F8-BD0D-9C410D5FD695.jpeg

Innisfree:
B371ABF9-601B-43FD-B5B7-549485B864FC.jpeg

@Shosh85, I ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š green tea sheet masks! The Innisfree is one I always have around. I'll be sure to try these other ones.

@nuinui933  It's hard to go wrong with Green Tea!  ๐Ÿต

Love this comparison, @Shosh85! All of these are such nice masks. 

Thanks @quspork! They really were all pretty great! ๐Ÿต

Wonderful presentation!! @Shosh85 

Thank you @lmaster! Green Tea is such a great ingredient, for masking and for consumption! ๐Ÿต

@Shosh85  

This looks like a fun showdown.

@missy94612  It was! Haha! I have accumulated so many Green Tea masks, I thought it was time to duel some of them out! ๐Ÿต๐ŸŒฑ

I skipped to the end and guessed EH, @Shosh85! What a surprising win and great read๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

@eshoe  The EH mask had great results, but the alcohol in the ingredients and scent is kind of a turn off for me.... I prefer non-alcoholic ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes!!! Love this @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿต Of these 4 green tea masks, the Ariul one is the only one I haven't tried. On the list for my next sheet mask haul. ๐Ÿ˜‰

21,357 Replies
testing