Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Yep, it was pretty drippy, @lmaster, and fun!

@eshoe  I tried a Garnier sheet mask a long time ago, but I wasn't saving my notes back then and don't remember much about it except that I liked it ๐Ÿ˜‰ Might just have to pick up another one soon! Glad this was a winner for you! 

@Shosh85 Iโ€™m curious how you track you masking experiences now. Itโ€™s taken me a few tries and different methods, but keeping a skincare journal has been a big help. 

@eshoe 

That's an unexpected scent on that sheet mask. I would have at least thought it would have a fruity fragrance.

A fruity scent would have made this one extra-special, @missy94612. I was so side-tracked with how soft and comfy it was, that I forgot to wish for something more pomegranate than clean ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@eshoe  

I thought it was just me that gets sidetracked with things. It's nice when the material is soft and comfy.

Hmmmmm @missy94612, I think you are in good company - there might be quite a few of us here ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@eshoe  

LOL! No doubt.

@eshoe @Oh wow the garnier sheet mask sounds amazing ! Iโ€™ve seen them around but never thought to try. No tack and extra serum sounds like a great combo! 

@Kim888 I was so impressed, which proves yet again that the lower oneโ€™s expectations, the more likely a positive outcome!

B is for Byvibes 

Spoiler
This was a really interesting 2 part mask. The first part was a tacky (as described by the instructions) cleanser that turns to foam. I actually love the cleanser. It had a light red berry scent and was very gentle and effective. I would totally just buy the cleanser on its own. 

the second part mask itself was a well saturated thin mask with a similar light red berry scent. It was a bit large, especially on the chin. Unfortunately, the mask left my skin extremely tacky after I used it. After an hour I ended up just rinsing my face. However, my skin did feel moisturized after. 

I did like the mask, but not something to use if you have anywhere to go right after

AFC0A1CA-32B1-48B0-912B-047131B2758E.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888, the cleanser on this 2-part mask sounds great! That's a really long time for it to be tacky. Hmmm... have you by chance used other products or sheet masks with spirulina being the main ingredient? I looked up the mask and thought I read something that said that spirulina is the primary ingredient in each of the different varieties of the sheet masks in this line. Made me wonder whether that lead to the tackiness. 

The berry scent sounds excellent!! @Kim888 

@Kim888 I wonder if the tackiness would have been less present with just the mask๐Ÿค”

@eshoe @Hmm interesting! Iโ€™m not sure 

@Kim888  The cleanser part definitely sounds wonderful and the scent on both of them sounds great! Too bad you didn't love the mask though - did the tackiness not even go away with moisturizer? 

My face still felt really sticky @Shosh85 - the moisturizer helped but I still ended up feeling kinda like Iโ€™d spent a day in the humidity 

Monday night I checked off a couple of items on my to-try list, including this BT21 mask:

E34B34B6-1FCD-4D6C-B2A2-407213A08C23.jpeg

Spoiler
For โ€œBโ€ week, I wanted to start with a clean slate, and dermaplaned with my StackedSkincare Dermaplaning Tool after cleansing. I like using the re:p Bio Fresh Mask with Real Calming Herbs to soothe my skin. It has made a difference in that I donโ€™t notice irritation or redness, even days after dermaplaning. New to me and something I have been yearning to try for months (years?) was the By Terry Baume de Rose. The consistency on this one nearly matches the Laneige; buttery smooth, emollient, and leaves a pretty gloss on my lips. The scent left me perplexed. While I caught a slight rose scent, what stood out even after application was slightly chemical/metal-tinged. As much as I enjoyed how softened it made my lips, I can now rest knowing this one is not for me.  

@lmaster recently sent me the motm box for this fall, and snuck in some fun goodies for me to try - including this Crรจme Shop B21 Cookyโ€™s Calming Printed Essence Sheet Mask (thank you, lovely lady!). This one had a clean, fresh scent, with a slightly oversize, but good overall, fit. Of course, the real star of this mask is the adorable print:
783E4ED9-393D-402C-A8B4-3905ABC909AD.jpeg

I left it on for around 25 minutes, noticing occasional itchiness, though nothing intense. After removing, my skin felt slightly tacky after around 15 minutes, which resolved after a good dose of moisturizer.  This was fun to try, and one that makes a great gift ๐Ÿ’

Ingredients:

Spoiler
158EFD21-FC6C-4254-B03F-B87DDF588B31.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@eshoe, what a cute print on that sheet mask! The Creme Shop has had some great collabs with its sheet masks.

Yes they do, @itsfi! I am not familiar with BT21, but the characters are adorable. I love that companies recognize that grownups like to have a little bit of fun while tending to everyday โ€˜tasksโ€™ like masking. 

@eshoe - The BT21 characters are really cute. My daughter would love this mask. 

21,372 Replies
testing