Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@itsfi I looked it up, it is really pretty! I honestly don't remember, but I'll be using it again on Thursday so I'll be on the look out for any scent.

@Samtian  What’s your thoughts! I’ve seen it but never tried it!

@ather I'm going to do it again tomorrow night so I'll post on Friday my thoughts and stuff, because I honestly don't remember.

@Samtian  Sounds good!! 

Oh that sounds pretty cool @Samtian never tried that one before

@lmaster It's pretty interesting.

@Samtian   Well this brought a smile to my face.   My brain thinks clay and translates that to drying which I know isn’t always the case.  Is this meant to be more a hydrating or clearing mask?  

@heartsmyface I'm glad, I love making people smile. This one is supposed to be clearing. It has a gel part with it that does the hydrating. 

@Samtian Oh my gosh, I love this photo! 😍What kind of results did you see from this one?

@Shosh85  πŸ˜„ ha thank you! I didn't notice anything but oily in the morning. i'll keep a closer eye next week.

Your photo is amazing @Samtian! Does the clay mask seem effective?

@ShortErica haha thank you. I didn't notice anything. I was really oily when I woke up but later in the day it went back to normal. I'll have to keep a closer eye out next week. 

Hitting both themes this week for Autumn and P (as in pumpkin)- a face-to-face duel of the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask 5 oz/ 148 mL and the Summer Fridays Overtime Mask 2.25 oz/ 64 g 

IMG_20200910_092845.jpg

Both of these are wonderful masks that I know many of us have enjoyed so I thought I'd do my own little comparison on how they compare to one another. I used the PTR on one side of my face and the SF on the other and here are a few thoughts:

-On general formulation: The PTR is a more viscous consistency. It's a deep pumpkin-orange color with small, silty grains. The SF is a thicker, yellow cream with larger exfoliating granules. 

-On scent: The PTR is closer to a straight pumpkin scent while the SF exudes delicious pumpkin pie. I really prefer the SF scent because it just smells amazing with that hint of spice and sweetness. 

-On use: Both apply easily. The PTR has a bit of a cooling/tingling sensation for me. Whereas, I didn't even notice that I had the SF on. Both rinsed off easily. 

-On results: Both left my skin feeling very soft and smooth to the touch. The side of my face that has the PTR was noticeably brighter and had less redness (which I can be prone to) than the SF side. 

In the end, these are both masks that I would (already have) repurchase(d) but for different reasons. The SF is, for me, more of the spa-experience mask that I use when I want a hit of that yummy scent to get me in the fall mood. The PTR is what I reach for for function, giving great results beyond just the smoother skin. 

@quspork  Both sound lovely 😊 

Love your comparison @quspork 

Thanks for the side by side comparison, @quspork!! I'm working through the PTR right now, but have the SF one in my stash and now I'm curious about my own side by side.

Love both of these masks @quspork  you're bang on in that they help you get into the fall mood!

Thanks for the comparison @quspork! I had the PTR ready for this week but it is still way too hot for me to be in a fall mood. Hopefully by November/December 🀣

@quspork  Yumm! Love this comparison! These both are favorites of mine as well and I definitely agree both have delicious scents! I feel like your conclusion of these is spot on - the PTR seems more for function and the SF seems more like a gentle exfoliating spa mask πŸ‘Œ Happy to hear both masks are ones you enjoy! πŸ˜ƒ

I'm glad to hear you love them both as well, @Shosh85! They're both good masks, and with those scents... cherries on top of the ice cream sundaes. 

Mmmmm.... pumpkin!! Love your breakdown of these masks @quspork! I like them both, though I’m torn on whether I would repurchase both at the same time when I get through the full sizes I have. 

13,048 Replies