Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Doesn't sound too bad at all! @itsfi the peach scent sounds most fabulous

@lmaster, it was a good mask pack, and peachy scented too! Based on the varieties I've tried from this brand, it seems like my skin prefers the mask packs meant for evening use. 

I had planned to use this mask for "D" week, for a "do over" but I picked up the wrong mask. Oops. Instead I'll try to stretch this one into innovative (?) or maybe beauty ideas to try in 2021 because it's a mask I tried in 2021. Hahaha! This will just fall into the category of "not following the challenge" mask.

E - innovative Mediheal chip.jpg

Spoiler
Mask:Mediheal Golden Chip Acupoint Mask - Illuminating
Material:Charcoal mask
Adherence:Good
Fit: Width was fine; length was off at the forehead (1" too short) and the chin (1/4" too long). 
Essence / Serum:Clear; standard viscosity, not too runny
Scent: Very subtle scent with a slightly herbaceous / plant scent
Claim(s):Brightening, toning, stimulating
Other Noteworthy Qualities:This claims to have some acupressure benefits with acupoints on the side of the mask that is to be applied to the skin. Directions call for pressing these acupoints upon initial application and before removing the mask, the latter of which I forgot to do. Oops. 
Results:I'm not sure about the acupoints, both due to my only use this mask this one time and also I'm not sure what I should have expected from it. From the sheet mask ingredients themselves though, my skin felt hydrated, dark spots and redness looked lighter / faded and my complexion looked brightened. 
Repurchase?:Probably not. I am a huge fan of Mediheal and their catalog of sheet masks. The results of this one were wonderful but I'm not altogether certain that they couldn't be reproduced with another mask, and one at more wallet friendly price point - the acupoints in this masks drives the price up. 

What the Mask Looks Like:

Spoiler
Front sideFront sideAcupoint side (to be applied against the skin)Acupoint side (to be applied against the skin)

Apparently, acupressure and masking may be the next trend. Who knew?!! Well, Mediheal did. ๐Ÿ˜†

Looks like Charlotte Tilbury will be releasing a new mask that combines cryotherapy and facial acupressure. Available mid-August for $40. ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ @SportyGirly125 posted info from Trendmood on the new mask in the product release and Charlotte Tilbury threads https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/2021-PRODUCT-RELEASES-THREAD/m-p/5922109/highli...

@eshoe @Sunnysmom @lmaster @missy94612 @Shosh85 @Kim888 @quspork @Samtian @missjeanie @PrettyPaint @ather 

More details. I did further research and here's what I learned:

• reusable
  • silicone mask
  • claims: reduce / eases puffiness, tones down redness, diminishes dark circles, relieves tension
  • there are pockets situated above the brows, along the cheekbones and jawlines that are filled with metal beads for cooling
  • Before use, you put the mask in the freezer for a minimum 30 minutes 
  • To use, fasten mask with the velcro straps and keep on the mask for 10 minutes during which time, you massage the metal beads on the pressure points - this is said to ease headaches and tension
  • Results: Claims that after 8 weeks, testers reported their skin felt lifted by 253%, more firm by 238% and that fine lines and wrinkles looked less prominent by 52% [NOTE: just reporting on what was claimed; unsure how they arrived at some of these percentages]

I found the above information in an article on Get The Gloss website, titled "Charlotte Tilbury's New Ice Mask Promises Firmer, Lifted Skin in 10 Minutes". 

@Sunnysmom @missjeanie @eshoe @quspork @lmaster @PrettyPaint @ather @Shosh85 

@itsfi I will try a reusable mask that lifts my skin 253%๐Ÿ™ƒ โ€ฆand it has pockets?๐Ÿค— @ather @lmaster @missjeanie @PrettyPaint @quspork @Shosh85 @Sunnysmom 

Yeah @eshoe, I could see not being so sure about this one if it only lifted the skin by 252%. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi that is serious stat! I would have loved to have been in on the study. Maybe someday๐Ÿ˜„

@eshoe, we should do our own study. I wonder if we'd come up with the same percentages. ๐Ÿค”

@itsfi @ather it is on my to-do list!

E6DAF6C8-6C29-4D55-A10B-6EA7C731A96F.gif

โ€ƒ

@eshoe  Hmmm I love when my dresses have pockets maybe masks with pockets is the next cool thing ๐Ÿฅถ

I love pockets, @ather, donโ€™t we all? I am appreciating the value of hidden ones more and more, too. They tend to not lose stuff. I was out in nature this week and when I didnโ€™t have on my sweatshirt with pockets, I kept trying to place my hands there. Thankfully I had backup pantsโ€™ pockets.

@eshoe  Oh no I hate when I do that and Iโ€™m wearing leggings. So no pockets to be found!! 

Yeah, the key pockets are nice but I need lipgloss pockets @ather โ˜บ๏ธ

Excellent point @ather @eshoe ! I โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ pockets in my dresses or skirts. It could be a huge plus with a sheet mask. Even better if there was a feature on the mask that let you snack or drink while masking. 

F98974A8-D2FB-42D5-A7C4-3821BA8D69F8.gif

๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Those might be called two-part hydro-gels, @itsfi @ather ๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe @itsfi  I guess we can always dream ๐Ÿ’ญ 

@itsfi  Thank you so much for the added info on this. I agree that the "data" sounds a little sketch, but I'm still interested in trying it out. 

@PrettyPaint, definitely let us know how it performs if you pick it up. The cooling sounds like it would be nice when the weather heats up 

@itsfi thank you for your extensive research!!

@lmaster, no problem. Hope it was helpful.

21,357 Replies
testing