Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Kim888 Sorry to hear your skin hasn't been acting normal! Is your skin acting differently with other skincare/masks that you've used before you moved?

@Shosh85 @Itโ€™s been a mixed bag! But overall I feel like my skin is doing that thing where you donโ€™t know if youโ€™re suddenly oily or your skin is all weirdly tight because itโ€™s dehydrated 

@Kim888  Oh no. I wonder if one place was better insulated or had a dehumidifier and the new one doesnโ€™t? I hope your skin gets better soon!

Oh good ideas @ather - maybe I should just get a dehumidifier! 

@Kim888, sorry to hear your skin is misbehaving; hopefully itโ€™ll sort itself out soon as you settle into your new space. 

@Kim888 hopefully your skin will return to normal soon!! 

@Kim888 Sounds like stress๐Ÿ˜• 

Also, is the brand name really โ€˜Be Plainโ€™?

@eshoe it is such a weird brand name - I didn't notice that!

I used this for last week's Flash Mask: Five Minutes and Under Wonders theme 

Evening masks - BCL Saborino.jpg

tl;dr: This 5-in-1 (toner, essence, emulsion, cream and mask), thin leaning, stretchy cotton sheet mask is lightly coated with a lightweight emulsion serum that has the faintest smell of an orange peel. The BCL Saborino Tired Night Mask Orange Chamomile claims to moisturize and firm skin and is intended to be used as part of a nighttime skincare routine, or to replace it on those evenings when you're too tired or lazy to go through your entire regimen, which seems to account for the wide range in the recommended wear time - it says that the mask can be worn for as little as 60 seconds or 5 - 10 minutes. Although a single use makes it difficult to assess any long-term firming benefits that may result from the mask, I put it to the test for a smidge longer 60 seconds and my skin felt lightly hydrated and moisturized after removing the mask and pressing / patting in the residual serum. 

Let's talk details:
Spoiler
BCL Saborino Tired Night Mask Orange Chamomile
๐ŸŠ Claim(s): Moisturizing and firming

๐ŸŠ Material:  Thin-leaning, pliable / stretchy cotton sheet

๐ŸŠ Essence: Has a light, thin, emulsion consistency; not heavily saturated

๐ŸŠ Scent:  Very faint scent; I picked up something akin to the zesty citrus scent of an orange peel but it was very light, almost imperceptible. I didn't pick up anything that reminded me of chamomile, either as a tea or floral scent.

๐ŸŠ Viscosity:  None, but there's not enough extra in the mask to make it runny

๐ŸŠ Adherence:  Fine; not bad, but not great either. 

๐ŸŠ Fit:  Openings for eyes and mouth are narrow, but since the material is stretchy, adjustments are easy to make.

๐ŸŠ Wear Time: A little more than 60 seconds, though instructions also provide that the mask can be worn for 5 - 10 minutes

๐ŸŠ Tack:  Not really. There's the slightest residual essence, but it's fully absorbed with a few pats here and there.

๐ŸŠ Results:  There's a cooling sensation immediately upon making contact with skin. Skin feels lightly hydrated and moisturized after 1-minute; not sure this would remain moist for those with dry or dry-leaning skin.

๐ŸŠ Best suited for: All skin types, but those with dry skin will need to follow up with a moisturizer. Those with oily or very oily skin might be fine without a moisturizer in the summer months.

๐ŸŠ FYI: It's worth noting that this mask contains parabens. For me, this isn't a concern and it's something that I've noticed to be fairly common in Japanese skincare products. I note it because I know there are maskers here who prefer to avoid using masks containing parabens or limit the frequency in which they reach for masks with parabens.

๐ŸŠ Repurchase?:  Maybe. I would use this one again. Of all the BCL Saborino mask packs on the market (and there are a lot of them) that I've used (3 evening masks and 2 morning masks), my preference is definitely for the brand's evening masks. This one is good; I just prefer other varieties in the nighttime collection. 

@itsfi  Not too bad for a one minute wear time, and the scent sounds nice too! ๐ŸŠ

@Shosh85, the evening masks from this brand seem to work better for me. I like the idea of a quick and effective mask but I'm not sure I could commit to a full month of these. I like that Saborino has these "daily masks" in 5 or 7 packs. 

@itsfi  Sounds pretty decent if you are pressed for time or lazy. Always good to mix it up I guess. Are the other masks in the night time category flash or longer wear times?

@ather, my skin does best when I have a consistent routine, but real life can make that challenging on occasion so itโ€™s nice to have something to use when I know I should do a full routine but donโ€™t have the time or energy for it. I can see how a sheet mask like this could be a good substitute for the steps between cleansing and moisturizer for someone with or who likes a regular routine that consists of more steps.

The nighttime mask packs from this brand say that they can be worn for as little at 60 seconds to 10 minutes. For the longer wearing masks, duration will depend on skin type as the sheets themselves are not particularly soaked in the serum - though the masks at the bottom of the full size packs are, as to be expected, more heavily saturated. At my driest, I donโ€™t think I could see myself being able to keep on the mask for the outside range of 10 minutes without having at least one or two areas of the mask having dried up. 

@itsfi sounds lovely for a flash mask

@lmaster, yeah, for a 60-second mask, itโ€™s not realistic to expect it to perform a miracle but on nights when itโ€™s hard to muster much more effort than to cleanse my face, these masks could come in handy. But Iโ€™d still recommend following up with a moisturizer for those with dry or dehydrated skin. 

I will take oranges instead of dots or checkboxes, yes please @itsfi ๐ŸŠ

Also, everything I read (including the fair warning re:parabens) made me think this would indeed be a decent stand-in in a pinch for everything else. I would try this handy mask.

@eshoe, one of the nice things about the Saborino mask packs is that they sell single use packets so you can try it out before committing to a 28-day pack. Some varieties are also available in a 5-sheet mask pack. Not all flavors are offered but thereโ€™s at least one of the morning masks and evening masks in the smaller sizes. 

Yeah, I was having some fun with using the emojis in my reviews. ๐Ÿ˜‚ First with the snail mask ๐ŸŒ โฌ‡๏ธ  and now this one ๐ŸŠโฌ†๏ธ

H is for Honeybee ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ

D3B706A2-98E6-41C5-9844-A4150DFA9277.jpeg

Spoiler

It's Skin Honeybee Nutrition Sheet Mask

Material:

Medium thickness cotton

Serum:

Clear, slightly viscous and not much extra

Scent:

Light honey - closer to fresh than artificial and unfortunately I could barely smell while the mask was on, just got some whiffs here and there

Fit:

A smidge too long at the forehead and too wide at the temples and forehead

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Light, stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

My face looked brighter and felt soft and smooth and comfortably hydrated

Repurchase?

If I hadn't bought a 10 pack, I most likely would, but that's pretty much the case with any mask that smells like honey ๐Ÿ˜‹

0BDBAE86-20CC-4B7C-AB89-BC55ADD245D9.jpeg

@Shosh85  Ingredients look good! Everything sounds awesome although too bad it was less artificial scent and closer to the real thing!

@ather  It was such a great mask! I actually liked that the scent was more natural than artificial - but really, I don't mind either!

I would just like to know where I can find that wax seal @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‚

The abbreviated ingredients list is a bonus!

21,367 Replies
testing