Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Late post from a mask from a couple of weeks ago - grocery store masking

H - drugstore - grocery store.jpg

Facial Scrub:

Spoiler

Trader Joe's Blueberry Acai Facial Scrub is a high quality, affordable ($5.99 for 2oz), deliciously blueberry scented, gentle and moisturizing, chemical (AHA) and physical exfoliator that, after massaging it all over my face for 30 seconds and rinsing off, leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and refreshed.

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler

Whole Foods Age Defying Acai Air Wrapping Mask is a 2-piece, pale metallic pink hued mask made up of two layers - the interior of cotton and the exterior of foil. The foil side is to be placed outward with the cotton side placed against your skin. Fit was pretty good with this mask - the forehead was about 1/2" too short for me and I needed to make some very minor incisions to the inner corners of eye openings

Adherence was fine - the mask stayed on my face for the entire half hour of wear. During that time, I did not experience any lifting but, as with most foil masks, it doesn't meld into the skin as easily or seamlessly as other sheet mask material. There's a slight tacky-to-the-touch feel after 30 minutes of wear, but that dissipates quickly after the clear, watery, unscented essence is fully absorbed into the skin, which takes about 15 minutes. 

This foil mask claims to soften, tone and refresh skin. My skin did feel soft, but no more so than with any other sheet masks. I'm not sure what is meant by the toning claim nor do I think this mask provided any toning benefits. As for leaving skin refreshed, I would say that my complexion did look awakened, fresh faced and refreshed and my skin felt lightly hydrated

This is one of the better foil masks on the market and it's one I would use again if I had another one on hand, but it's not one I would necessarily run out to purchase again. 

@itsfi 

That little shopping cart is adorable.

@missy94612, it is! ๐Ÿ›’ Makes a fun prop.

That Whole Foods mask is my favorite of their foils, too, @itsfi. The Trader Joeโ€™s  does have the yummiest berry scent!

@eshoe, Iโ€™m impressed with both their skincare treats. Thereโ€™s a lot of competition in that space so not every one of their products will be repurchases but for companies that do not specialize in manufacturing masks, I think WF and TJ do a pretty good job with their skincare offering.

True, @itsfi. I just love how TJ has their own version of the watermelon mist and sleeping mask. I havenโ€™t tried the later to compare, but itโ€™s such a great choice of offerings.

@itsfi  I agree, out of the foil masks I've tried, that's one of the better ones. 

I still haven't opened my TJ Scrub - so happy to hear it's one you enjoy! The scent sounds delicious!! ๐Ÿซ

@Shosh85, yeah, Iโ€™m not nearly as excited or interested as I was a few years back about trying foil masks. Theyโ€™re not bad but there are other masks out there I like more. Whole Foods and Mediheal are probably the two brands that I would go to for foil masks is I were to actively seek them out. 

@itsfi If you don't know already, TJs discontinued the blueberry scrub.

@SportyGirly125, they still have what looks to be quite a bit of stock at a couple of Trader Joeโ€™s stores in the city. Must be the last of their inventory. Thanks.

@itsfi My store had them last week but this week they were out.  I would stock up on them if you like it.

@SportyGirly125, I *think* I have a backup (and a host of other scrubs) so I should be fine. Did you pick up extras for yourself or do you need a backup? Let me know.

@itsfi I am good but I know lmaster loves it.

Absolutely love the blueberry mask!! Oh how I miss those Whole foods masks @itsfi 

Yes i am loving it it's very nice to have ...

@lmaster, I haven't had much luck with Trader Joe's sheet masks but their non-sheet masks that I've tried like this scrub or their watermelon overnight mask have been good to my skin. ๐Ÿ˜

Ingredients that make you cringe

IMG_20210828_203409416.jpg

• I took the theme and Incorporated it to Ingredients that make you cringe because this one has Seahorse extract and horse fat 
  • This is a microfiber sheet
  • Milky white serum with extra in the sleeve
  • Fit was great just a smidge long at the chin area
  • Adherence was great everywhere except the chin area
  • Scent was nothing that comes to mind, maybe typical sheet mask scent
  • Wear time was 20 minutes
  • Results were, silky smooth, hydrated and moisturized skin
  • Idk how I feel about the ingredients, I'd like to really know if anyone knows what exactly seahorse extract is and how it is collectedIMG_20210828_203417025.jpg

I had to include my nail on this pic because the light really captured the sparkles ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆ

@lmaster  Your nails are so pretty! I'm a sucker for anything sparkly! โœจ

Love the packaging on that mask! Horse fat is a favorite of mine ....but seahorse extract?.... that is a first I heard of that one! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค”

Thank you! I thought it was cool because it makes my nail look black but they are actually emerald green with sparkles,,, @Shosh85 I know, the seahorse, I didn't even realize that was an ingredient at the time I purchased it, I tried googling it but I didn't read much about what and how it really is

@lmaster  That sparkle โœจ love your nail colour! Iโ€™m going to do my nails tomorrow and I was thinking about adding a sparkle to them. I think Iโ€™m sold. Definitely going to ass sparkle โœจ Iโ€™m also curious about the seahorse extract. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™d be cool with them killing seahorses just to make a mask. 

Oh wow, @ather @itsfi ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ’–

21,373 Replies
testing