Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Laughing and smiling. No better way to tidy up the weekend, @itsfi ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi  

Holy smokes! Or maybe I should say holy snails! LOL! That's a lot of snail masks. As others have said, loved reading your post - always very detailed and creative! My husband said he's down for trying a snail mask and your thoughts will be helpful. 

@missy94612, โ€œholy snails!โ€ Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜† Thank you! I spread the masks out over a period of time so it wasnโ€™t all in one week, but that could be a lot of fun too! Yaaay that your husband is open to trying a snail mask. Thereโ€™s a few of us who are big fans of the gastropod so if you have questions about snail sheet masks, let us know. ๐ŸŒ 

@itsfi 

I may just take you up on that offer. Going to do a little more reading through some reviews here to finalize my list of snail masks.

@itsfi  Wow Iโ€™m impressed!!!! I always love a good snail ๐ŸŒ mask!!!

Thank you @ather! I was pleased that I was able to find a lot of these masks. ๐ŸŒ 

@itsfi  I love this post (haven't read the bottom portion yet) - but that Etude house looks amazing! I know I've seen you post about it before. 

This was such a fun theme you came up with @PrettyPaint! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It definitely sparked an interest to come up with something creative last year that was worthy of such a great theme. Thank goodness I had the snails ๐ŸŒ for inspiration. ๐Ÿ˜‚ The 0.2mm line from Etude House has some wonderful masks; they have quite a following, including some maskers on BIC.

@itsfi World tour and Escar Go-Go's haha that was such a brilliant read! I loved it. 

Thank you @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It makes me happy that you got a kick out of it. It took a while to get my hands on some of them - didnโ€™t help that so many face covering masks with snail designs popped up when doing a search online. ๐Ÿ˜† Do you like snail sheet masks? ๐ŸŒ 

Well, at least you have one major award winner in the bunch! @itsfi 

@lmaster, if I wasnโ€™t comparing these snails masks and being extremely particular in evaluating  how well they perform vis-a-vis one another, there would probably be a few I would rate higher. Deliberating comparing masks make the little things, both good and bad, stand out. ๐ŸŒ The Etude House mask โฌ†๏ธ and the Some By Mi one that I posted about below โฌ‡๏ธ are the ones that really shined.

1. I adore this!! ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ 

2. Character limits!?!? ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ’ฉ 

@itsfi 

@haleyvvvv, yaaay! I shall keep in mind that you are a fan of The Gastropods! ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜† This was a lot of fun to do, and interesting too when it came to trying to get my hands on certain masks. 

Oh my goodness! The character limits! I thought I was being more brief too. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It was particularly odd because initially, it actually let me post it as is, with all reviews combined. I noticed though that there was an awful lot of spacing between masks that I had not included when I typed it up so I went to edit the post to remove the extra spaces between the different masks and spoilers. Thatโ€™s when I got the message about character limits. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

@itsfi , woah. that's so cool that you found all of these snail masks from different places. Love that  you used the band name theme again to tie these together. That's really creative. We bought a pack of Etude House mask based on what you and other maskers here had to say about them. I picked out the green tea one and have my turn coming up to pick another one. This is making me think I should get the snail to try. 

@nuinui933, I was so happy to have found the additional sheet masks, and surprised at how it was easier to get my hands on one mask over another. Ooouuuh, the Etude House snail mask is a good one! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Itโ€™s hard to go wrong with any mask from that 0.2mm line though. 

More of Asia leg of The Gastropods & Escar Go Go's World Tour - 

My Scheming Snail Essence Hydrating & Repairing Black Mask:

Spoiler

๐ŸŒBrand Origin: Taiwan

๐ŸŒMaterial:  black mask - not sure it's a charcoal mask; pretty sure, it's not.
๐ŸŒAdherence: Good
๐ŸŒFit: one of the better fitting masks, perimeter is just 1/4" or less too wide. Adjustments to corners of eyes and to the nose bridge - too wide  
๐ŸŒSerum: clear, medium viscous but not goopy
๐ŸŒScent: Prominent and sweet. I initially thought it might be honey or something along those lines, but it's not listed on the INCI list and I've assumed it's the added fragrance.

๐ŸŒf(x): Hydrating and repairing
๐ŸŒResults: There's quite a bit of essence left after 30 minutes and it becomes stickier as you press / pat it in. It takes about another 30-40 minutes to fully absorb / dissipate and leaves a slight film.
๐ŸŒRepurchase?: No; the My Scheming Snail Essence Hydrating & Repairing Black Mask is one I would use again but not one I'd run out to buy.

Zoe Laure Escargotiere / Snail Wrinkles Correct Mask:

Spoiler

๐ŸŒBrand Origin: Hong Kong
๐ŸŒMaterial: Microfiber cotton

๐ŸŒFit: Large around the perimeter; adjustments needed to the outer corners of the eyes and mouth
๐ŸŒSerum: Clear, slightly viscous; has more of an essence consistency
๐ŸŒScent: Unscented
๐ŸŒf(x): Anti-aging and skin regeneration
๐ŸŒResults: I experienced some minor tingling throughout the 30 minutes I had on the mask - nothing alarming and likely the result of exfoliating ingredients in the mask. Skin looks hydrated and nourished. There's a plumpness to my skin as well, and my cheeks feel more firm.
๐ŸŒRepurchase?: I'm torn over the Zoe Laure Escargotiere / Snail Wrinkles Correct Mask. If it didn't tingle, I'd be keen to repurchase it, but even though the tingling was minor, my preference would be a snail mask that didn't do so. 

Bisutang Skin Care Snail Essence Cleanse Moisture Black Face Mask:

Spoiler

๐ŸŒBrand Origin: China
๐ŸŒMaterial: Soft, thin, pliable, bamboo charcoal mask. The material feels thinner than the Etude House 0.2mm masks

๐ŸŒ Fit: Good

๐ŸŒSerum: Clear, thin, watery but not runny or drippy; lots of it

๐ŸŒScent: Fruity-floral; something about the scent is very familiar but I can't figure out what it is

๐ŸŒf(x): Moisturizing

๐ŸŒResults: Stickiness after removing mask, but it becomes more of a slight tack after the serum is fully absorbed (which takes about 10 minutes).

๐ŸŒRepurchase?: Yes, and I'd probably do it fairly soon if there hadn't been a slight snafu that resulted in me now having received (by accident and without charge) more than the two extras of these Bisutang Skin Care Snail Essence Cleanse Moisture Black Face Mask. lol

Some By Mi Real Snail Skin Barrier Care Mask

Spoiler
๐ŸŒBrand Origin: South Korea
๐ŸŒMaterial: 100% plant based biodegradable cellulose sheet - soft, thin, feels like second skin - this one is thinner than both the Etude House 0.2mm and Bisutang masks
๐ŸŒAdherence: Fabulous
๐ŸŒFit: Standard fit along perimeter; need to make incisions for the material to lay flat
๐ŸŒSerum: Clear, thin but not runny; lots of it
๐ŸŒScent: Herbal - medicinal but not hanbang or leafy
๐ŸŒf(x): Firming and nourishing
๐ŸŒResults: There's the slightest tack after removing the mask and pressing in the remaining essence. Skin felt hydrated and nourished. I'm not sure about the firming claims, but I would be on board with giving this mask a 10-day trial or something like that, to see if I notice any firming.
๐ŸŒRepurchase: Yes; Some By Mi Real Snail Skin Barrier Care Mask is a new favorite snail mask.

The Gastropods and Escar Go Go's thank you for joining them on the Asia leg of their 2021 part-of-the-world tour. Hope to see you soon for the US leg. ๐ŸŒ 

@itsfi  Loving this! Canโ€™t wait for the US leg! 

@ather, itโ€™s been a lot of fun to put this together and to be able to use and compare these masks over the last few months. ๐ŸŒ 

@itsfi  Can't wait for the US leg of the tour. Hey, I wish there were band tees. I would totally wear a shirt that featured the packaging from all of these snail masks.

@PrettyPaint, yaaaay! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ The US leg of the tour will be making its way here soon. ๐Ÿ˜† Yes!!! Band tees would be awesome! โ™ฅ๏ธ The Gastropods and Escar Go Goโ€™s are inching their way ๐ŸŒ to their next venue! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

21,367 Replies
testing