Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

What a fun line-up, @itsfi! You're right about there being some stiff competition out there for a good snail mask, but these all sound like they turned out well! 

@quspork, the band name theme has really brought a smile to my face, and given me more opportunities to try out snail masks. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Happy that there are a good amount of gastropod masks out there for me to try. ๐ŸŒ While there are new ones to love, I also find that it can be hard to beat the oldies but goodies. โ™ฅ๏ธ 

@itsfi thank you for your review on the Peach Slices mask! That one has been in my cart for awhile now. I think I might go for it now. Love your tee๐ŸŒ

@eshoe, thereโ€™s a lot of product in the peach slices mask so youโ€™ll get a lot of bang for your buck with it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Not sure which site youโ€™ll pick it up from but Ulta sometimes has a buy one get one half off for peach slices. The toner from the line is good too and the moisturizer is alright. 

Thank you for the feedback on some of their other offerings, @itsfi. I need to restock my hydrating/calming/no frills masks and thought this would be a great add in to my stash. Sounds like it is just right!

@itsfi what beautiful packaging on that overnight mask,, looks like a couple lovely masks

@lmaster, thereโ€™s a lovely luxe quality to the packaging on the Lovinah mask, isnโ€™t there? I especially love that it also boasts some wonderful skincare ingredients and performs nicely. ๐Ÿ’— 

Loving the US leg of the tour and your "band shirt(?)" is too cute, @itsfi!! These all sound like winners, the wash off and sleeping ones are definitely getting added to my list. 

Thank you @haleyvvvv! It was a fun way to work in one of the challenge themes and working with all the snail masks provided a welcome break from an otherwise busy time for me. ๐Ÿ’— The non-sheet masks masks are the standouts of this set of masks; I was happy to have the chance to give them a try. ๐ŸŒ 

Yes, that is a tee! I had an idea for the set up of the photos for the "band tour" but just didn't have time to put all the pieces together, so I just went with a couple of tees in the drawer. I imagine the band theme could apply to future masking sessions I have so I can put that photo together when I have more free time. For now, the tees work -  I mean, "what's a concert without a tee?", right?! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Masking over the past couple of weeks:

7DA1BF7D-ED89-47E3-B92C-B73060BA9229.jpeg

K Week: Kale and a couple of BIC Made Me Do It!  goodies.

Spoiler
Starting off with the Topicals Like Butter Mask for Dry, Sensitive & Eczema-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. I forgot that I was wearing this mask, it was so comfortable and non-obtrusive. It seemed to sink right in, and by the time I realized I needed to wash it off, I didnโ€™t really want to let go of it - it was just so soothing. I tried the Topicals Faded Serum for Dark Spots & Discoloration 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and found the scent rather distracting; this, on the other hand, was rather welcoming. I carefully removed it, although reluctantly, for the next step.

My first go with the Raw Juice Masks was a nay; this Kale Spinach Broccoli version was an improvement. The scent was unimpressive, fit was normal, serum was sufficient. Everything I would hope for in an everyday mask. An ideal just getting it done mask. Would not repurchase but fun to try. The Dior Lip Glow Oil Holo Pink is always a joy to use ( thanks to @SportyGirly125!), giving my skin a layer of protection while adding some glossy shine.

Fruits and Veggies Weeks along with โ€œLโ€

EDF0BC7B-4529-4F53-901E-4C78DB25D62F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
Just about one more serving of the Volition Beauty Detoxifying Silt Gelee Mask 2 oz/ 60 ml left in this beautiful little jar. Wash off masks are fun because they bring a little surprise to life. The Volition Silt Gelรฉe has a slight citrusy scent, combined with an unexpected clayish texture that refuses to dry. It is a treat to use, and in wash-offs, I think that supersedes anything else. Some days ๐Ÿ™‚

The Meditime JejuDeumppook Mask  looked promising for Fruits & Veggies Week (although the younger said it looked like chicken nuggets on the package, at first glance). It held an abundance of slimy, jelly-like serum in the packet. It also had an oversize fit, with no noticeable scent (+++). No major tack after removing, and no major desire to repurchase. A decent filler mask.

The Olio e Osso was a BIC Made Me Do It, and I am so glad I did. I am not usually a fan of shea butter, but it is so subtle in this that it is barely noticeable. I opted for the Persimmon which surprised me as it looked much darker in the swatches. It is pretty versatile and although I donโ€™t think it would work as a blush it is a great balm that lasts longer than I would expect a natural product to last.

Finally, the Chanel Le Lift Skin-Recovery Sleep Mask is a lightly-fragranced, slightly opaque gel that absorbs quickly. It feels like it delivers a sufficient drink of moisture after application, but may leave it wanting by morning. This seems to be enough hydration for summer, though in winter my skin might need something stronger.

@eshoe, lots of multi-masking. The Topicals on sounds really good. You said something about a just getting it done mask: is using a sheet mask a regular part of your skincare regimen? 

@nuinui933 yes, most nights I sheet mask. When I donโ€™t, it feels like there is something missing ๐Ÿ˜„ If I am too tired, I usually skip a wash-off and just go for the sheet mask.

@eshoe 

What was the fruit or veggie in the chicken nugget looking mask?

It was turmeric, @elleb810. Apparently, an abundance of it, as well!

Spoiler
  • Water, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract (100,000ppm), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sea Water, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Arginine, Carbomer, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Adenosine, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Hovenia Dulcis Fruit Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Ceramide NP, Phytosphingosine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lithospermum Erythrorhizon Root Extract

@eshoe 

Better a lot than not enough, right?!

So true, @elleb810. Itโ€™s such a let down when the โ€˜starโ€™ ingredient is at the bottom or even the middle of the list. Kudos to this one!

@eshoe  Haha! Your daughters chicken nugget comment cracked me up! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Glad to hear it didn't actually have chicken nuggets in it ๐Ÿ˜…

I've been so curious about the Topicals brand! That mask definitely sounds like one I'd like to try - will have to try it out! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

From a distance, they do look pretty tasty, @Shosh85! Not sure I would be interested in a chicken nugget sheet mask, though ๐Ÿ˜„  

@eshoe, what a fun mix of masks! ๐Ÿ˜€ I chuckled at the โ€œchicken nuggetsโ€ mask - maybe a contender for masks that make you hungry? Lol

Oh yes, the right ones with a generous side of ranch, yum @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‹ Or honey mustard. Or BBQ. And some thin, crispy fries. Hmmmm looks like I am planning my lunch โ€˜menuโ€™ for today;)

@eshoe @I agree the volition mask is great! I wish they sold a smaller size though!!! 

glad you like the olio e osso! Itโ€™s such a good one but agree the colors can be super deceiving 

21,357 Replies
testing