Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Oooh, I just looked into the purple lift one, and I am intrigued, @itsfi!! I have some DS of the genefique serums I should use (too many products!!).

More Hi-Lo masks - high quality, low price

Hi-Lo masks: Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy SeriesHi-Lo masks: Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Series

Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Masks are some of the best masks out there for daily masking. The quality is fabulous and at a fraction of the price you might expect to pay, even more so if you find it on sale. There are 23 "flavors" in this line (though some have been retired / discontinued), each containing one of 5 types of essences - moist water, ampoule, emulsion, creamy oil and jelly. I've been reaching for at least one mask of each of the different essence types for about the last month and a half. 

Spoiler
SIMILARITIES:

Material:  Soft, very thin, 0.2mm cotton

Adherence:  Wonderful

Fit:  Openings for the eyes and mouth are good; no adjustments needed, for most of these masks. Size of perimeter is standard - a smidge too wide at temples, an inch too long at chin and jawline.

Scent: Most of the essence in the masks are unscented.

Performance: The mask wears comfortably and there's plenty of serum in the mask for the entire 30-minute wear time. 

General Results:  Hydrates skin and gives complexion a healthy, fresh-faced brightness. 

DIFFERENCES:

Criteria:Damask RosePearlMadecassosideArganCamellia
Essence Type:Moist Water (runny, drippy)Ampoule (thick, viscous, on the goopy side)EmulsionCreamy OilJelly
Claim(s):Fresh MoistureBright ComplexionSoothing + DefenseNourishing + MoisturizingSkin Radiance
Key Ingredients:Damask rose extract (2500 ppm) + NiacinamidePearl + NiacinamideMadecassoside + Centella Aasiatica Argan Oil (1000 ppm)Camellia Oil (says 100 ppm, wondering if it's misprint and meant to read 1000 ppm)
Other Differences:Has a slight floral (but not rose) scent. Contains alcohol.There was a tackiness to it that was unexpected.Reduces redness.N/ALight floral scent

@itsfi these are just the best. So impressive for such a pleasant price!!!

@eshoe, I love these EH 0.2mm masks. I finally got a chance to trying out all the different serums around the same time which was a nice experiment. 

@itsfi you have most likely mentioned it already, but did one come out ahead of the others for you?

@eshoe, the ones with the emulsion, creamy oil and jelly serums work best for my skin. The snail one has been a favorite within the line from the get-go. ๐ŸŒ I was very impressed with the madecassoside version after doing this set of 5. The serum in both of those are the emulsion type and I think that serum type is something my skin will like year round. The creamy oil masks that I've tried (i.e., olive, argan) are really good too and I can see them being useful with the cooler weather. I have a few more of these that I'm wanting to try, including the ceramide and collagen versions.

Oh yes I remember you mentioned enjoying the madecassoside, @itsfi! I have yet to try that one, but need to make sure that I do at some point โ˜บ๏ธ

Holy sheet masks @itsfi๐Ÿ˜ Thanks for your review. My housemates and I picked up a couple variety packs of these and this is super helpful to know about the different serums.

@nuinui933, thatโ€™s a great way to try out the different masks in the line. Hope they work out for you and your housemates. Would love to know how these masks work out for y'all.

@itsfi we love them; thank you! We all have different favorites but also have some ones in common that we like as well. These are going to be staples in the house. They're so good and super affordable; win - win! โค๏ธ

@nuinui933, these are really are great sheet masks! I've used all the different types of serum in the 0.2mm line and am slowly making my way through all of the "flavors". I'm delighted to hear that you and your housemates like these masks. ๐Ÿ’–

They all sound great!! @itsfi 

I am really fond of this entire line @lmaster! My favorite masks are the ones with the emulsion, creamy oil or jelly essence. The moist water essence is great for the summertime.

@itsfi  Great comparison!!! I will need to search these out once Iโ€™m off my no buy for masks!!! The Argan and pearl sound up my ally!

@ather, I think you would love this argan mask. The creamy oil essence is wonderful for dry skin and cold weather! Etude House also makes an olive version of this mask with a creamy oily essence as well. I used that flavor last year at the end of the year and my skin loved it! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi 

The argan mask is fantastic. Very moisturizing. The camellia sounds good too. Thanks for the comparison.

@elleb810, I agree, the argan version is really quite good. I love how moisturized it left my skin. Are there other โ€œflavorsโ€ within this particular line you like?

@itsfi 

I haven't really ventured far from the argan  - it works so well that I feel like 'if it ain't broke ..." LOL. That being said, I have tried the olive oil one and ceramide one.

Oh my goodness- great minds, @itsfi ... I was JUST this weekend pulling out the EH masks I currently have on hand to do a comparison later this month or next month. So, I'm glad to see you have such a great comparison going here! 

Oooh @quspork, I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the different essence types for these sheet masks. I was really surprised that the ampoule essence left some tackiness. As I write that, it dawns on me that I shouldnโ€™t have been surprised, since ampoules tend to be more viscous and tacky. In any event, I will keep an eye out for your comparison of the masks on this series! ๐Ÿ˜ I think our skin types are slightly different and wonder how our thoughts on the results may vary. Would love to know if you prefer certain essence types more as well. Staying tunedโ€ฆ

Ooh, I love a variety of good masks from the same brand!! That Madecassoside looks fabulous, putting it on my list, @itsfi!! 

21,372 Replies
testing