Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Ha ha @lmaster! I think the is was in a Facetory box, if you have it Iโ€™m curious to see what you get from the scent๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe was it a recent month?

August, @lmaster ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thank you!! @eshoe I'm going to find it, I'm so very curious about this scent ๐Ÿ˜†

@eshoe  Thatโ€™s so sweet for you to gift the gratis of the kissu mask!! 

She just ran her first marathon @ather, so I sent her a little care package for some soothing care. I am so proud of her, she deserved some extra  โค๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Iโ€™m sure that ment the world to her!! You are the sweetest kindest person!

Well I just couldnโ€™t be more proud of her, @ather , she absolutely deserved a little pampering๐Ÿฅฐ

Wow lots of great masking sessions @eshoe ! Lol glad to hear the needly one was great even with the feet smell 

Thankfully that scent wasnโ€™t too overpowering, @Kim888 - that might have cut the session short ๐Ÿ˜…

@eshoe I loved reading this. That Needly mask looks especially nice, though your "foot smell" description cracked me up. Was there much residual stickiness after this one? I like jelly masks as long as they aren't overly sticky. 

Ugh @PrettyPaint I did not make one note on the tackiness ๐Ÿคจ I need to make a little checkbox system for myself, so that I remember to take note of every relevant aspect of a mask!

@eshoe  Oh, no worries! I probably wouldn't have remembered either unless it was particularly noticeable ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Another O for oil. My skin is craving the oil as it gets acclimated to the change in seasons.

O - oil - Yuja oil.jpg

Spoiler
Hanyul Yuja Face Oil Sheet Mask is an interactive mask. Inside the package is another clear packet containing two compartments, the top housing the cotton sheet mask and the bottom containing a liquid that is released into the top portion containing the sheet mask (as well as some other liquid) when you fold the bottom portion and press the folded area. Some interactive masks are a bit more challenging, but this one was easy to use. 

The essence feels luxuriously rich and smells absolutely divine - a lovely, fresh, slightly sweet, citrus scent. If Hanyul makes a perfume or body oil with this scent, I would buy it. There's a lot of essence to the soft, cotton sheet and even more in the packet - enough for face, neck, and arms. Fit is standard and adjustments are needed to the openings for the eyes. I left the mask on for 30 minutes, but could have probably kept it on for another 15 with how much essence the mask held, and even longer if I layered the extra essence in the pouch over the mask. Results were wonderful - soft, plump, nourished, bright, dewy skin. A beautiful mask I would happily repurchase.

O for odd percentages 

O - outrageous claims - CT (interior).jpg

Spoiler
Okay, I'm not a mathematician or scientist, but the percentages claimed by the Charlotte Tilbury Cryo-Recovery Lifting Face Mask with Acupressure Technology seem ... odd. It's claims that based on clinical results, skin feels (1) lifted by 253%, (2) firmer by 238%, and (3) more smooth by 243%. i received this one as part of a raffle (and a trade) for an event I attended last week. I've now used this mask 3 times this week, including twice on the same day - it was warm and humid and the cooling sensation was wonderful! I noticed too that my face looked less puffy in certain areas after just having the mask on for about 15 minutes, and a smidge more firm, supple in certain spots, but far less than the 238% claimed. Granted, I don't know how long the clinical trials lasted or how many uses of this mask were had by the participants in the clinical trials, but still. 253%? 238%? 243%? Seems a little hard to believe.

Setting those figures aside, the cryo portion of the mask offers some immediate and noticeable benefits and results, even in the short amount of time I've had the mask. I can see this mask coming in handy, either as a nice way to unwind after a long day or as suggested on the hauls post as a prep before makeup application, but it's a mask that will require some advanced planning on the user's part - instructions recommend keeping it in the freezer for 30 minutes to one hour before use.

As for the acupressure ball points along the brow line, I haven't had enough time with the mask to form an opinion of them. I didn't really notice anything different in terms of how I felt afterwards, but I also wasn't experiencing any headaches or other things that might make the benefits of acupressure more noticeable. I'll need to do more research on acupressure. Overall, I think this mask is a nice one to have, but it's not necessarily a must have.   
Spoiler
O - outrageous claims - CT (mask).jpg

@itsfi  

How much are you loving that CT cryo mask? 

@elleb810, I'm so sorry for the delay; I just saw this post. I do like the cryo mask, it's a nice way to wind down after a long day. I sometimes put it on while doing a foot soak. Are you still using your CT cryo mask regularly?

@itsfi  

Yep. Still using the CT. Even though it's cold here, I find the cold on my face relaxing for some reason. Weird, I know. I've been using it about 3 or 4 times per week and at least once on the weekends. 

@itsfi - the Charlotte Tilbury mask looks cool.

@eshores, the mask is cool, literally and figuratively. ๐Ÿ˜† A nice one to help unwind or kickstart the day!

@itsfi  Oh, the oil mask sounds lovely! I'm glad it was easy to use (some of those interactive ones can be frustrating). 

Those percentages on the CT are indeed odd. It looks like they are basing their "findings" on the combo of the eye serum + magic crystal elixir + the mask, so perhaps the presented results are additive? It's also an N=33, so not the most impressive sample size...haha. 

@PrettyPaint, I think I get put off by the interactive masks like this one because of how challenging it can be to break open the portion with the serum to release it into the section with the sheet, but this one was so very easy! The scent and the results from this mask were great too!

I'll have to try the CT mask with the serum to see how the results change, if there are any changes. Yeah, that sample size seems awfully small, doesn't it? 

21,373 Replies
testing