Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather, thank you. My skin had its ups and downs this month, in uncharacteristic ways than it normally does. Not sure what triggered the downs (breaking out, but not in the areas where that usually happens; more redness, etc) so I dialed things down and went back to basics with my skincare. That seems to be working โ€ฆ ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

Thatโ€™s great news that youโ€™re enjoying nice weather; you had a rough stretch of storms for a bit there! I hope it stays too.

Here are the sheet masks Iโ€™ve used in the past 2 weeks.

โ€ƒ

B62493BB-9F8E-42AC-81AB-EDC1671726BC.jpeg

Spoiler

Dr. Jart+ Dermaskโ„ข Water Jet Soothing Hydra Solution Face Mask 
Dr. Jart+ Dermaskโ„ข Vital Hydra Solutionโ„ข Face Mask 5-Pack Value Set 
(K-beauty)
I found them pretty similar except the soothing one has a thyme scent and the hydration one is a bit more moisturizing.

I like them both a lot. I put them on for 15-20 min and massaged the excess of lotion in the skin. Theyโ€™re both refreshing and give me the moisture boost that I need in winter. They fit well on my skin and stay in place (sometimes I find that sheet masks fits weirdly on my skin). They donโ€™t feel sticky after I remove it. The excess of product was eventually absorbed in my skin

I will purchase them again. Theyโ€™re products Iโ€™d like to keep in my routine.

E966C1F3-39DC-4E8D-9D12-3DD94590AE0B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler

Clear Turn Uruuru Moisture Bomb Face Mask by KOSE (J-beauty)

On sale at 7,99 for a 7 pack

This mask feels very fresh on my skin.

It fits well on my skin and stays well in place if I move around. I like that the 7 masks come in the same โ€œziplock bagโ€ because itโ€™s less waste.

Iโ€™ve only used 1/7 masks, but I would definitely buying them again when Iโ€™m done. I would like to try other masks from the same line ( I think there are 5 different types).

The mask promises 8 hours of sleep in 8 minutes. After 20 minutes my skin was very comfortable, moisturized and glowy. It could feel like I had a good night sleep ๐Ÿ˜‰

One Night Rescue Face Mask (pink - hydration) by LuLuLun (J-beauty)

4$ CAN

I wasnโ€™t impressed by this mask. I didnโ€™t find it made a big difference on my skin. It was ok, but itโ€™s not something I would purchase again. Also, the mask didnโ€™t fit well on my skin.

383F001E-4F0B-4B86-A518-B0F8C39AF304.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler

SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Coconut Foot Mask 
(Made in Korea)

First, I used a pumice stone on dry feet on rough areas. Then I had a foot bath with Gehwol rosemary bath salts for about 15 minutes. Then I used the foot masks for 20 min. I could walk a bit with them in the house but I had to be careful because itโ€™s slippery. I wear womenโ€™s size 9 and it fitted well. If you are over that size, it might not fit or could be too thight. I massaged the excess of product in the skin and I put regular socks on. My feet were very soft. I would purchase it again.

It has a lot of nourishing/moisturizing ingredients like glycerin, shea butter, macadamia oil and coconut oil. It also has a pleasant soft coconut scent. The socks were cute with their pink and red patterns.

40EAEE83-B33B-4738-8B4E-52B292E291CC.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler

Cracked Heel Rescue Patch Argan Oil by PUREDERM (K-beauty)

2,99 CAN
I discovered these foot masks recently and theyโ€™re one of my favorite.
I really like that theyโ€™re like band-aid for the heels because itโ€™s more confortable to walk around with them or to go to sleep with them.
I use them after my bath at night and removed them when I wake up the next morning. My heels are so soft after.
Itโ€™s the 2nd time I buy them and I will definitely buy them again.

Wow, what an excellent review of your recent masks, @Lila12345678! The Clear Turn is especially intriguing to me, with its promise of 'The mask promises 8 hours of sleep in 8 minutes. After 20 minutes my skin was very comfortable, moisturized and glowy. It could feel like I had a good night sleep.'  I hope you found yourself seriously rested after this one ๐Ÿ˜ด

@Lila12345678  Great masking! Those heal ones look good. Where did you get them? I enjoy the Sephora collection foot masks I usually stock up every winter!! 

@ather 

I bought it 2 times on two differents websites that sell k-beauty and j-beauty

1- Lamourlife

2- Oceanbuy

@Lila12345678  Thanks Iโ€™ll check it out!! 

That Kose 7-pack looks and sounds fabulous @Lila12345678! ๐Ÿ˜ I've tried a few single use Kose sheet masks in years past and found them to be quite good. I'm all for 8 hours of sleep in 8 minutes!! ๐Ÿ˜Š Oh, that argan oil cracked heel mask looks amazing, and great for this time of year! Making a note to research that more.

@Lila12345678 ohhh the mask packs, love that they zip lock 

I keep on finding amazing challenges on BIC๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

last night I used for the first time a Pโ€ƒatchology mud mask and wow it was delightful! I revived this for Christmas along with a Skin Gym face steamer๐Ÿคafter I did the mask I steamed my face and wow I feel so refreshed right now!๐ŸฉทI definitely will be repurchasing some of these masks!๐Ÿค๐Ÿง–โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿต๐ŸŽ€โœจ๐Ÿค

IMG_4646.jpeg

IMG_4647.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Ahhhhh, this was soothing just to visualise, @happyskincare! A steamer has been on my wish list for awhile now. How often do you find yourself using it?

It was so soothing and nice to destress and just pamper myselfโค๏ธ I think we all need to every once and a while @eshoe โค๏ธI use my steamer 2-3 times a week and I can visibly see how my pores are so much better! I have visibly more clear skin with using this the last 2 monthsโค๏ธ I definitely would recommend getting one!โค๏ธ

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this, @happyskincare. It really does seem like a smart little investment for your skin!

@happyskincare  Sounds like a perfect masking session! 

Yes defensively @ather โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

@happyskincare, I've wondered about those Patchology mud masks. Great to hear they worked well for you. I'll have to try out using a steamer after a mud mask; hard to say no to something that makes you feel refreshed!

Yes! This mud mask visibly purified my skinโค๏ธ such a great refresh! Iโ€™m in love with patchology masks!

Oh this sounds wonderful!! @happyskincare 

Thank you so much @lmaster โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

IMG_20240115_202542880.jpg

• I love the dual action of this sheet not to mention the cute factor
  • Plenty of extra serum in the pouch
  • Adorable print on the sheet, the fit is meh, big eye holes and a touch long at the forehead
  • Wear time was 20 minutes
  • My skin had a couple blemishes that benefited from this mask, especially the next morning, they looked noticably calmer
  • I would absolutely use this one again
    Spoiler
    IMG_20240117_111341963.jpg

โ€ƒ

IMG_20240117_111343997.jpg

โ€ƒ

Iโ€™ve tried this one and love it glad you liked it to @lmaster โค๏ธ I also love the Christmas Hk vitamin c oneโค๏ธ 

@happyskincare they are so cute! It's hard not to like them ๐Ÿ˜

21,373 Replies
testing