Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@elleb810, it is the new limited edition Tatcha balm. The balmier consistency makes it feel more moisturizing than the original, which was also lovely. With the pretty tint on this version, I like it for daytime wear.

@itsfi  

I picked up a few of those Tatcha balms after seeing your swatch on another one of these boards. My book club ladies loooooove it! 

@elleb810, they make great gifts.

I have seen some of this brandโ€™s skincare products geared toward oily/acne-pointe skin, but not this beauty, @itsfi! It sounds positively divine. Great morning masking! 

@eshoe, this Diamond Brightening mask was a gem (pun intended). ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ 

That sounds absolutely lovely, @itsfi!

Itโ€™s been a while since Iโ€™ve been so pleased with a mask that claims to brighten, @quspork! ๐Ÿฅฐ Iโ€™m definitely eyeing more of the Some By Mi sheet masks. If I didnโ€™t have enough skincare items to get me through the cooler months, I might do a deep dive into the brandโ€™s skincare products. ๐Ÿค” 

I've definitely heard some good things about Some By Mi's skincare, @itsfi, but I haven't gotten around to trying anything either unfortunately because I also just have too much already in hand to go through right now. If/when you do pick something up, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! 

Will do @quspork. I like that the brand has sets that you can buy to try out the products before committing to a full size. I may look into a set or even purchasing foil samples...but later on down the road. ๐Ÿ˜€

P masks from the first half of the week

P Week Masks - part 1.jpg

Lovinah Royal Jelly Multi-Peptide Sleep Mask  
P for plant stem cells, peptides (a host of them), propolis, (bee) pollen, phospholipids, pullulan, pyrus malus fruit extract, and panthenol. And another P for pleased (for all the above and the host of other good-for-your-skin-ingredients packed into this mask!)  
Spoiler
So many great things about this Lovinah Royal Jelly Multi-Peptide Sleep Mask (which seems to have undergone a name change) - the overnight mask is chock-full of good for your skin ingredients, including a plethora of p's for this week's letter of the week. The list of peptides alone in this one is amazing - 8 different types peptides plus snail mucin, which is said to contain copper peptides as well. The Gastropods are back for a special, limited performance! ๐ŸŒ I first used this overnight mask about a month ago and found the light, gel-cream to apply smoothly, and absorbs quickly and easily into the skin, without tack or stickiness

I initially thought that the lighter formulation would lend itself nicely to the warmer months of the year and early fall, and I think that is still the case, but I also feel like the lighter consistency will lend itself well to layering atop of multiple products all year round. With such wonderful results - soft, smooth, hydrated and plump skin - I'm looking forward to rotating it in and out of my evening skincare over the next few months.
Beauty Pie Japanfusion Soothing Uji Tea Leaf Sheet Mask  
P for polyphenols. 
Polyphenols are a group of antioxidants, naturally found in items like wine, chocolate, pomegranates, and green tea, that have been noted for their ability to help repair and rejuvenate the skin and protect it from various forms of sun damage. It's also been said they can help reverse signs of aging (i.e., sun spots, wrinkles and fine lines).  
Spoiler
Let me just start off by saying that this Beauty Pie Japanfusion Soothing Uji Tea Leaf Sheet Mask is one of the oddest sheet masks I've used and that is saying a lot since I'm hardly a stranger to unique or different masks. ๐Ÿ˜†

What makes this 2-piece mask so unique? Well, for starters, it comes fused together so that it looks like you only have half a mask. Additionally, the 2 halves are cut vertically so you have a left half and a right half, as opposed to a top half and a bottom half. This cut. together with the shape of the eyes (circular vs oval) make fit and adherence a bit of a challenge. It also means less coverage over the middle of the face (T-zone), despite its overly large size

The mask, which is long enough to cover the neck is drenched in a watered-down milky serum that is slightly lighter and thinner than your traditional emulsion. There's a very faint fresh, clean scent that smells a little like lotion. Results-wise, my skin felt lightly hydrated and moisturized after half an hour of wearI have mixed feelings about this mask - the milky serum is, for me, a plus, and I like the results, though I'm not sure I'd consider them a standout. I have another one of these masks and I'll plan to give it another try at the end of the year / beginning of the next to see how it performs in the wintertime. 
J - forgotten wonder - BP mask.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 2x with Super Volcanic Clusters  
Peach Slices Snail Rescue Intensive Wash Off Mask  
P for passion fruit oil, pores, purple, Peach slices, peptides and plump skin  
Spoiler
Innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 2x with Super Volcanic Clusters remains a gentle option for clearing out the pores and pimples. Results are slower to come with this mask because of its gentleness, but it also means my skin suffers less when I use it - this doesn't dry out my skin or make it feel tight, both of which are welcomed if/when my skin is prone to breaking out. It's a frequent go-to for my skin in the spring and summer months, and for the cooler season it makes for a good once-per-week treatment for my lower T-zone, to help keep the area clean and clear.

Peach Slices Snail Rescue Intensive Wash Off Mask continues to impress me. The thick, goopy, jelly texture (that bounces back to its original shape in the container) takes a little getting used to as does the very tacky / sticky feel you experience for nearly the entire 15 minutes you have it on. But the results are absolutely worth it - without fail, every time after I rinse off the mask, my skin looks and feels beautifully refreshed, softer, more smooth, hydrated and plump and my complexion has a clear, fresh-faced, healthy,  noticeable brightness to it. This will see a lot of use during the fall and winter months. 

Lip care was a nice treat with the combination of the finely milled, pink and blue makes purple sugar scrubs of the Lush Unicorn Lip Scrub and the faint, fruity scented and nourishing Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Oil with Passion Fruit Oil.
Whole Foods Cotton Cupra Mask Clarifying Papaya  
Garnier Fructis Damage Repairing Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask + Papaya Extract  
P for papaya  
Spoiler
The soft, cotton cupra material of the Whole Foods Clarifying Papaya Sheet Mask wears comfortably against the skin. There's plenty of the clear, slightly viscous, faintly scented essence to make the 30 minutes I had this on go by quickly; in fact, there was enough essence in the mask alone (more in the packet) that I could have easily left the mask on for a lot longer. The mask is said to "diminish skin impurities that can cause dullness" and while I was a bit apprehensive about such lofty claims, the results I got backed them up - my skin looked brighter and supple and some of the redness I had around my cheeks and nose was visibly reduced and calmed. I like most of the sheet masks in the Whole Foods line, though over time and with more sheet masks on the market with similar philosophies, the masks from the brand standout a little less. This papaya one though stands out for me, both because I don't run across many papaya sheet masks and also due to the great results, and is one I would repurchase. 

Likewise, the Garnier Fructis Damage Repairing Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask + Papaya Extract (and exhale .... woowhee, what a looooong name!) is a hair mask I would repurchase. It is one of my favorite hair masks from the Garnier line and just one of my faves in general. It smells deliciously fruity, melts into my hair, and leaves it feeling soft, silky smooth, and nourished without weighing it down. Shout out to the fabulous @Shosh85 for introducing this one to me and so many of us here. My wallet thanks you too for this one, Shosh! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh my gosh!! That literally looks like the scary movie, Halloween? I can't remember lol very interesting!! @itsfi 

@lmaster, as you mentioned it, I looked at the mask again and yes, Halloween!! ๐Ÿ˜† The trick-or-treaters may not be expecting this when they ring the doorbell...

@itsfi 

That's a lot of masks. Do you mask everyday?

@elleb810, not everyday. It depends on how my skin is doing and what I have going on. Interestingly, I do tend to mask more regularly, daily, when I'm busy or stressed, if my skin can handle daily masking, that is - it's a little me time, even if I'm multi-tasking while I have on the mask. In the cooler seasons I do tend to reach for more hydrating masks which lend themselves nicely to daily masking.

@itsfi I picked up that Peach Slices mask yesterday and I cannot wait to try it tonight! It looks like it will be a great mask for soothing and just getting some masking done without having to fuss over it.

@eshoe, yaaay! After using it, I had to share my thoughts on it with others here. Tacky/stickiness aside, it is a great hydrating mask. Hope it works out for you.

@itsfi ...cut vertically...what the lol. 

They look like two monstera leaves talking to each other @Samtian @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh my goodness @Samtian, that was my initial reaction. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It looked like just half a mask when I pulled it out of the packet and I just stared at it thinking "huh?!!! what is this?!"

huh gif.gif

I have a different sheet mask from the brand that I'll try out next week. I'll be curious to know whether it utilizes the same 2-part concept. ๐Ÿค” If it does, this time, I won't be so confused. ๐Ÿ˜† Stay tuned...

@itsfi  That garnier hair mask really is great! I had absolutely no idea there were 2-piece vertical masks. I was so confused about what I was looking at until I read the text! It does sounds like it would be a bit of a challenge to wear. 

@PrettyPaint, this is such a fab hair mask - the results are good and the price is excellent. ๐Ÿ˜ I've been able to narrow down my go-to hair masks and have just been focused on working through the hair masks I've already amassed. This Garnier one will be part of the few I keep on a permanent rotation. 

I had no idea they made masks that were cut vertically until I opened up this one. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ At first I thought it was a mistake, and then I thought I only received half a mask. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It made for an interesting few minutes until I sorted it out. 

21,367 Replies
testing