Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: Mask of the Week Challenge

I love that cute little doggy bar code @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜ It adds a nice touch! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi Agreed!

Quickly catching up, tonightโ€™s masking with AZ.ID lip plumper (ouch) and a cute and Amusingly translated sheet mask:

3AF3EBA6-FC8C-419B-AED3-2B7B75A7EB67.jpeg

Spoiler
The AZ.ID lip plumper stings and is an amusing treat when Iโ€™m too lazy to use a lip scrub. 

The Leahlani Honey Love mask is a bright berry-hued, thick concoction that applies with reluctance but sticks well. It has an obvious honey scent, blended with other rich oils that lean toward bougie boho. After a few minutes I found it had coagulated on my skin, a bright beet red that looked truly terrifying. So on to the rinsing! Washed off soooo easily, with a little grit that I wasnโ€™t expecting and certainly didnโ€™t feel when applying. The scent when removing was incredibly pleasant and much more fragrant than when I originally applied. A true masking experience that I will repeat in even closer detail.

The Narikiri Face Pack Pompompurin is a โ€˜Caramelโ€™ mask, and without English translation, provided much entertainment tonight for me. The scent to me was popcorn while the little one thought peanut butter. The fit was decent; print, adorable, and the unusual scent gets high marks obviously ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ Likely wouldnโ€™t use again (parabens) but a fun one to try on this night when no one wants to go to sleep and let Santa fill the stockings๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿผ
Spoiler
318FF3EA-57F1-4E80-B846-157F25A8B20C.png

Finished the night with #alpyn beauty Calming Sleeping Mask with Melatonin & Wild Dandelion, now time for everyone else to go to ๐Ÿ˜ดsleep:)

@eshoe, Sanrio has so many characters I almost forgot about Pompompurin. Very cute; would have been even better if it smelled like caramel. Here's the ingredients list (in English) for the sheet mask.

from tofucute (dot) com:
Ingredients: Water, glycerin, PEG / PPG-17/6 copolymer, egg yolk extract, milk protein extract, soybean extract, witch hazel water, chamomile extract, aloe vera leaf extract, erythritol, hyaluronic acid, hydrolyzed collagen, arbutin, allantoin, tocopherol acetate, glycyrrhizic acid, xanthan gum, polysorbate 80, EDTA-2, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, perfume

Kind of an eclectic mix of ingredients, @itsfi; thank you for finding the translation! I think if they could make this one scented as good  as the jelly belly caramel popcorn tastes, it might be yummy enough to try again. I am still highly anticipating @sonnydeeโ€™s assessment of her recent Aโ€™Pieu popcorn mask ๐Ÿฟ purchase;)

That mask is so cute!! @eshoe I was anticipating having to be up all night,,,, but in shock.... The boys were both out cold at 830 ๐Ÿ™Œ  last year one of my boys was pacing the hallways until about 1030 ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Oh my goodness @lmaster lucky you! Hopefully you did something fun, like a nice bubble bath or foot masking or just some quiet time to yourselfโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  The Leahlani mask sounds wonderful! I'm sure the scent alone would make me want to buy it!

The sheet mask is one I've never seen before and certainly sounds interesting! Whether it's popcorn or peanut butter, both are a very unique scent for skincare! I guess that's the closest they could get to caramel. Haha!๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฅœ 

The Leahlani was good enough for me to order the mini masking set @Shosh85. I believe youโ€™ve tried the Mermaid Mask? It is included with one other mask, each 15ml. Which is actually perfect for a natural mask, so it hopefully does not expire before finishing a jar. 

I think a salted PB and bacon mask might be fun to try. Or maybe I am just hungry โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Oh my gosh, I totally forgot they have minis now! Yes, that sounds like a perfect size! I did really like the Mermaid Mask and the Honey one that comes in the set looks good too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hmmm, I think I'd be down to try a salted PB and bacon mask! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh yes, @Shosh85 - I think I โ€˜Food Fusionโ€™ Crรจme Shop LE line would be fun! 

I havenโ€™t been masking much lately but hereโ€™s hoping I can hop back into it.  
i decided to go for the Rodial dragons blood  biocellulose eye and lip patches.  Dragons blood is supposed to be anti microbial and antibacterial as well as a good second skin barrier.  I absolutely love how the patches just disappear onto my skin cause theyโ€™re so thin and clear.  They come between two protective layer of paper so theyโ€™re not too difficult to work with.  But if you accidentally fold one like I did good luck;) It was actually hard to capture them in a photo But you can sorta see them.  Thereโ€™s a little mouth slit on the lip mask so youโ€™re not forced into silence for 20 minutes.  The serum has no real scent and is a bit tacky.  It really plumped you my skin but again, I havenโ€™t been doing skincare or caring much at all for my skin so doing anything at all is going to show drastic results. 

EE5EA0D2-030A-4E50-9B53-3862B1CC3F0D.jpeg

โ€ƒ

1C783D5F-C882-46ED-878B-240D96BDC690.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  Oooh, those look so comfy! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed them! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

PS: I love that dragon plush! ๐Ÿ‰ 

These look really nice @heartsmyface I'll have to check this line out

@heartsmyface Ooh those sound good. 

These look and sound fabulous @heartsmyface๐Ÿ˜ They really look like they melt into your skin! Love the line about not being forced into silence. lol. What a fun and adorable plushie too!

@itsfi   They were nice.  I figured they would be cause I love the sleeping mask.  Haha, yeah, the moment my mouth is covered i have a zillion things I need/want to say.   The dragon was my attempt at lifting my mood a bit. It worked.  

Oooh, there's a sleeping mask in this line @heartsmyface? You love it?! I'm intrigued. Does the sleeping mask have a gel or cream consistency? 

Isn't that always the way?!  Not much to say but the minute you can't say anything, because your mouth is covered or otherwise, there's a bunch of things that come to mind to say! And of course they're all important and you have to say it, but then you can't. Hahaha! 

@itsfi Itโ€™s a creamy gel but more a gel as it melts in 

F48CE515-A363-49A6-AFA6-FD308E7CF941.jpeg

โ€ƒ

FB881B03-1076-46A4-987A-FB52C6B769DA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Ooooh! Thank you @heartsmyface! It looks hydrating, and how can I say no to that?

Went with a honey theme the other night, with a B for bees and bears - bees make honey, bears like honey. ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’›
Honey (bees + bears).jpg

Spoiler
Venofye Royal Honey Sheet Mask Infused With Sweet Almond Oil was gifted to me by the incredibly generous and marvelous @Shosh85, and is the only new-to-me product in this arrangement. All the other goodies here are tried-and-true loves - The warming sensation from the Farmacy Honey Potion makes for a nice relaxing start to some 'me' time and leave my skin soft, smooth, supple and hydrated. Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Honey Moisture Deep Conditioning Mask does just that - moisturize and deep condition, and it smells so good doing so. It was limited edition last year but Briogeo brought it back as part of trio of mask in a LE set (yes!) that is still available. Sephora Collection Honey Lip Scrub - Honey is part of the original Sephora Collection lippies that I believe is being phased out. I have yet to see a honey version in the clean line but remain hopeful that it's not a matter of if, but when. ๐Ÿคž

True to the description on the face of the mask pack, there's a subtle honey and almond scent to this serum soaked cotton mask that leans slightly thinner than your typical sheet mask in terms of density. I went in knowing that this mask cost a pretty penny and, as a result, there was a part of me that was slightly concerned that I would love this mask. lol. Fit and adherence were what I've come to expect from most sheet masks - adherence was good and it wore comfortably after taking off some of the material at the chin/jawline and making some minor adjustments to the corners of the eyes and mouth. After half an hour, I removed the mask and rinsed off the essence - though it was after was part way through the rest of my skincare routine - despite reading the instructions to wash off the essence, I still managed to forget to that - sigh! My skin felt soft, smooth and hydrated, and my complexion had a fresh-faced brightness to it. 

This is one of those masks that, if price was not a consideration and it did not require rinsing off the essence, I would think "ooh, let's pick up another one." But, I'd be remiss if I didn't consider the price or that it is a mask that I would need to wash off the essence (I have the hardest time remembering to do that with masks that require it and it really does come back to bite me that I am so forgetful of that step). This is certainly a mask I would pick up if I found it on sale like Shosh did, but absent that, I'd pass. I'm not too skittish about splurging a little on a sheet mask but $50 per sheet is not really something I'd consider a "little splurge." This was such a treat and I send a huge and heartful 'thank you' to @Shosh85. It was extremely kind of you to send this to me. It's a wonderful mask and you really scored in finding it. I am humbled and appreciative by your graciousness and generosity. ๐Ÿค—
Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 
9,680 Replies
Photos1,705
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg