Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Simplifying for Sample Dive 

866C2A48-E60D-4A23-8EE9-C28AC9F23791.jpeg

Glow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

amika Flash Instant Shine Hair Gloss Mask 6.7 oz/ 200 mL 

GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUDโ„ข 24-Hour Hydrating Treatment Face Mask 3.5 oz/ 100 g (thank you, @lmaster !)

Biossance Squalane+ Rose Vegan Lip Balm 0.51 oz/ 15 mL 

Alpha-H Mini Liquid Gold Exfoliating Treatment with Glycolic Acid 1 oz/ 30 mL 

@eshoe  Good job using up samples!!! Iโ€™ve been trying too and I used the flash one and quite liked it. What did you think?

Thank you, @ather! I enjoyed the Amika and loved how soft my hair felt while applying it. It definitely doesnโ€™t condition with the same robustness as the Triple Rx one, but for โ€˜flash masking,โ€™ it isnโ€™t bad. I have the Kure and since it works so similarly with my hair, I probably wonโ€™t be buying it anytime soon. But it could happen at some point down the road;)

@eshoe  My hair is on the dry side so I used conditioner before the flash. Maybe thatโ€™s why I liked it. Iโ€™m sure I couldnโ€™t replace flash for conditioner. 

Oh I wish I had tried that, @ather. Thanks for the tip. Next time!

@eshoe, yay for working through a handful of samples. I've heard the Alpha-H treatment is pretty potent. I was interested in trying it out years ago but decided to hold off then after hearing that because my routine at the time already contained a few actives. The scent on ThirstyMud has been described as a tropical vacation in a jar/tube, depending on the packaging and I found that to be very apt. Smells wonderful and does a nice job at hydrating the skin overnight.

@itsfi the Alpha-H definitely caused some tingling, almost stinging. It felt right up there with tarte Knockout Texture & Pore Refining Pads 30 Pads (I had the liquid, not the pads, but I do not see it available to tag), so definitely one of the stronger ones I have tried. 

@eshoe  Love the photo! Great way to summarize!

You used some great masks here! That ThirstyMud is a top favorite of mine and o really liked that Amika Flash mask too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I remember how much you love the Thirsty Mud, @Shosh85! It is always fun to get to test out othersโ€™ favorites around here โ˜บ๏ธ 

@eshoe I also love your review format!! Looks so professional!!

Thank you, @lmaster! Life has gotten to the point where detailing things like masking every day are nearly impossible. But I want to be involved, so I am hoping it will help me stay on track here.

@eshoe ooh I love the quick review format! I've been curious about the amika mask, good to know you liked it!

@Kim888 I am *hoping* it motivates me to post more often! The Amika reminds me of the amika Most Improved The Kure Multi-Task Treatment Hair Repair Set (just the bottle) that was in the Sephoria box 2.

Went with the "Sample Dive" theme. ๐ŸŒถ

94782226-A70E-4A0A-88E7-8E8494968517.jpeg

Spoiler

Eminence Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment

Consistency and color:

Dark brown with a thin, almost watery consistency. Very messy.

Scent:

Cinnamon

Wear time:

15 minutes.

Performance/Results:

There was a warm, tingly feeling the first 4 minutes and after that it dissipated into a light warming sensation. It set up to the point if I touched it it did not transfer to my hands, but still felt comfortable and flexible when I moved my face around.

It washed off easy just splashing water on my face. My cheeks were a bit pink, but to be fair, the packaging clearly warns you that there will be some tingling and possible temporary redness.

My skin felt clean and refreshed, and super soft and smooth. My face did feel a little dry, but not overly so.

Repurchase?

Probably not. This was a fun one to try out but I wouldn't say it was anything amazing. I'd use it again though.

CC076E17-98F3-4F11-8C2D-3DB3DF61F60E.jpeg

Ok you just reminded me about these!! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿคฆ @Shosh85 now I have to locate the ones I have

@lmaster  Haha! Yup, I had totally forgotten about mine too! 

@Shosh85 I actually ordered a couple more last night ๐Ÿ˜† 

This sounds like a rather exciting mask, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‚

During an Alpyn Beauty Masterclass, the owner talked about redness that happens immediately after using a mask with enzymes (not sure if the one you used has them or not). She said that your skin will redden due to the increased blood flow from the enzymes. I always thought reddened skin = allergic reaction. At any rate, I would be hesitant to run out and buy a FS jar, too!

@eshoe  If the package hadn't warned me there may be possible tingling, I might've washed this off after the first couple minutes! It was almost too intense for me. It worries me more when I get that much tingling and nothing on the package mentions that could happen.
I definitely felt increased blood flow with this one!

Wow that isโ€ฆintense, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜ณ

@Shosh85 interesting! I haven't seen this one! Messy doesn't sound fun but the scent sounds yummy 

21,367 Replies
testing