Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster ick for sure. And honestly, I find the idea of having to add water irritating.

Yeah I usually don't add water if my face is still wet from the cleanser but my neck definitely still hurts @Weetart 

I actually love Eminence products but have never tried this one, so I was excited to see someone else on here reviewing a product. So sorry it didn't work out for you. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Ouch @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ Iโ€™m so sorry this mask did not agree with your neck! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ The skin on my neck is super sensitive so I tend not to apply masks to that area. Hopefully your skin is recovering. 

@itsfi thank you!! Lesson learned ๐Ÿคฆ it's getting better,,, slowly

@lmaster @Oh no! Sorry you had a bad reaction!! Cherry scent is nice though!

It was so odd, just on my neck ๐Ÿคท @Kim888 thank goodness my face can handle it

Y is for Youth to the people. ๐Ÿ’›EE6C82C6-00E9-4D7C-98DB-2CC334D076D8.jpeg

Friday I used the Youth To The People Yerba Mate Resurfacing + Exfoliating Energy Facial with Enzymes + Niacinamide 2....  and Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml .  The YTTP energy facial is my favorite physical/chemical exfoliant. It makes my face feel so soft. I leave it on for 2 minutes any more than that and it can be too much for my sensitive skin. The YTTP dream mask is my all time favorite overnight mask. I love the scent, I really hope at some point they come out with a body cream in the Superberry scent.

Today I decided to do a full facial. I started out with the DDG steamer for 5 minutes. Then the Youth To The People Superclay Purify + Clear Power Mask with Niacinamide 2.0 oz/ 60 mL for 10 minutes. Then a little more steam and I used my Dermapore on my nose and chin. Then I used a DDG extra strength peel pad,  I canโ€™t use the DDG peels daily, but I have been able to use them when I do a facial. Then I used the Trader Joeโ€™s sheet mask for 20 minutes. It is one of my favorite filler masks. The only thing that I donโ€™t like is the fit. It is way too long and not wide enough. I had a little redness from the DDG peel and the sheet mask calmed it down. The TJs mask is a B+. Then I finished with the YTTP Superberry mask. 

A Superberry body cream would be incredible, @faeriegirl! This looks like a fun masking session, tooโ˜บ๏ธ

@faeriegirl 

Love the DDG steamer and the YTTP superberry mask. What a combo!

Beautiful masking session @faeriegirl! Ahhhh, the DDG steamer! ๐Ÿ˜ Great to hear the YTTP exfoliator is your favorite - I pulled out a deluxe size from my bin to try. I decided to hold off until after the holidays in case my skin didnโ€™t like it. Iโ€™ll have to do a patch test this or next week but itโ€™s good to hear you like it. Iโ€™ll be sure to not leave it on for very long. 

How exciting!!! @faeriegirl a full spa moment in the privacy of your home!

Havenโ€™t been here for a while. Missed you all! I was laying in bed wondering how the heck I can get my sleep schedule back on track when I donโ€™t want to. Then I looked over and saw my current quick night mask fix and thought oh snap. I should post again. Well, yeah I know there are so many great night masks out there but the scent and the texture of Laneige just makes me so happy. Plus the price. I just picked up the Laneige Gingerbread lip mask. Disappointed flavor wise but it is still as effective as any other one. It will not go to waste! Tonight was my first use of it. Ooooh. On the top is not a night mask really. But I use it at night and for some reason left it there when settling down. Itโ€™s a Tony Moly retinol cream. Lightweight, only have used it for a week. No bad reaction. It was on sale and the package was unavoidable. I have a very high tolerance for retinol for someone with very sensitive skin. So yeah.

Iโ€˜be been dealing with annoying eczema on my face. And have been avoiding a lot of masking during this period of prescriptions etc. I must say the prescriptions have done wonders for my skin that I really. I donโ€™t want to mess with them!!! Thinking of going super simple so it doesnโ€™t interact poorly. 

452C48FC-56BF-429E-896A-87D22EDBD5AE.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I am curious to know what was disappointing about the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Gingersnap scent, @Weetart. I am slowly making my way through LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Gummy Bear and really am not a huge fan of the scent in that one (too grape-y).

Did you get the chocolate LANEIGE too?? @Weetart curious what you think of that one

@lmaster Chocolate? Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! No I didnโ€™t I didnโ€™t even know if it. Right now I only have ginger snap and Lemon Sorbet. And a little tiny tiny bit of apple. Like Iโ€™m just rubbing the sides of the jar at this point. Where did you find the chocolate?

I havenโ€™t gotten far on my lemon.

image.jpg

โ€ƒ

@Weetart stylevana site, I've not pulled the trigger on them yet, was waiting to see if they are worth the wait lol

Do you have a sweet tooth, @lmaster? If so, then I highly recommend the duo from Stylevana. Both the chocolate and the caramel are probably in my top 3 of Laniege lip mask flavors (the lemon being the third). They're definitely sweet so I can understand not everyone liking them, but they are really nice if you like the sweetness. @Weetart  I'm also a bit torn of the gingersnap. It almost has a bit too much spice for me? I mean I'll use it up, but I'm not reaching for that one as much as I thought I might. 

@quspork ohhhh that sounds perfect!! Do you know why they are only offered on that site?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I know it also appeared on the BeautyBoxKorea site but is sold out now. So, maybe just a limited production of it for now? I would be interested to see if either flavor comes back and gets targeted to Western markets in the new year, @lmaster.

Thank you for your thoughts! @quspork 

21,372 Replies
testing