Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Masks that Make You Hungry ๐Ÿ˜‹Is it the scent..or the packaging? Which masks make you crave a yummy treat? It is no surprise that this weekโ€™s delicious theme is brought to you by none other than @itsfi! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿต

Letter of the Week:  U

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  No, I haven't, but that sounds amazing!! I don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near me. I think I've only been to one once when there happened to be one within walking distance of a hotel I was staying at. 

Really, @PrettyPaint? I guess that makes it very special, then. Sometimes itโ€™s best not to have places like that close to us:) I miss having one near, but save plenty of money thanks to that!

Sorry to hear it was a bit of a mess @PrettyPaint looks very interesting

@lmaster  Yeah, definitely a bit of a drain clogger. 

The ingredients list on this one looks good @PrettyPaint ๐Ÿ˜€ and I'm intrigued by a basil scented mask. 

@itsfi  Good thing I like basil ! ๐Ÿ™‚  

Going with the number theme and using my favorite mask from the Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air line. ๐ŸŒ

3F0C1576-51DA-4FB9-A22E-A5B92BDFDE60.jpeg

Spoiler

Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Snail Mask

This is a thin-medium cotton sheet mask that was fully saturated with white, milky serum - which surprised me a little because I've ever used a snail mask with that kind of serum. It had a light, clean & fresh scent that was barely noticeable while the mask was on. The fit was a little wonky - a tiny bit too long at the chin/jawline, slightly too wide at the temples, and the eye holes were way too big. Despite having to smoosh and tweak things a little, it adhered very well and was comfortable to wear. I had it on for about a half hour. There wasn't any tackiness after removing and my face felt moisturized and plump, and my skin felt soft & smooth and had a nice dewy glow.

I really enjoy this one and will probably always try to have them on hand!

Ingredients:

Spoiler
25DEAF67-2BBC-4C32-9EA9-B832DA1CBB8D.jpeg

@Shosh85  Oooo I love a good snail mask!! Too bad it fit wonky tho. 

@ather  Yep, me too! Snail is probably one of my most favorite ingredients in skincare and this mask does not disappoint! It's always nice when a mask fits well, but a bad fit is never a deal breaker for me, since there's always something you can do to fix/tweak it. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 stellar results here!!

@lmaster  Definitely stellar! Love that snail slime! ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You donโ€™t even know how big of a grin I had when I saw this snail mask photo @Shosh85. ๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŒ Well, then again, I think maybe you would know! ๐Ÿ˜† Yes about the wonky fit. But itโ€™s such a good mask - soft, thin mask with gastropod goo-rific results! ๐Ÿคฃ Love it! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  Haha! "Gastropodic goo-rific" is a perfect description!  ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŒ

What do you think our chances are of getting it into the dictionary @Shosh85? ๐Ÿ˜† I mean, weโ€™d have to use it in everyday talk a lot ...

@itsfi  Well, "twerk" made it into the dictionary, so why not? ๐Ÿ˜œ 

Hahaha! Excellent point @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

The Starskin Orglamic Pink Cactus Mask is a two step mask.  You start with applying 3-4 drops of prickly pear seed oil.  It had no scent.  The mask itself is super saturated in thin milky serum that smells fresh  and tart.  The fit is nice and it conforms well.  I felt a bit of tingling on my lips and around my mouth from this.  Nothing uncomfortable but Iโ€™m not sure thatโ€™s supposed to happen.  My skin felt a little sticky after using this.  I applied some more oil afterward like the package suggested and that seemed to help with the stickiness.  My skin has a nice glow to it and feels very hydrated.  Iโ€™d buy this again

EF8B520B-8302-4B71-AC99-5F51CDE92F49.jpeg

โ€ƒ

56E64E5D-DCCC-406F-B389-0EF6306BB603.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Ooouh, milky serum? Iโ€™m intrigued @heartsmyface. Putting it on my list. For someone working on working through what masks I have, I probably shouldnโ€™t me making a list. ๐Ÿคฃ Have you used other Starskin masks? Iโ€™ve seen them in the store but donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever tried one...yet.

@itsfi   Ha, i know!  The list kinda helps though cause then I feel a little like I am shopping but without pressing purchase.  

I actually have a couple other starskin masks I bought in HK.  theyโ€™re not cool and multi step like this one though.  I canโ€™t recall if Iโ€™ve tried them but am sure I have...  there was a time I could recall

every mask Iโ€™d tried.  

@heartsmyface super cute packaging!

Ooooh this is a nice mask, @heartsmyface - love the extra little oil pack. I liked it too, I think I snagged one from the motm box a while back. They have a celery cleansing balm that is extra gentle, too;)

9,806 Replies
Photos1,726
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg