Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thanks for your thoughts on the CT resurfacing mask, @Kim888. That one has popped in and out of my basket a few times. 

A for I stayed awake too late on New Years and I used this mask when I was sleeping. My face always is soft and smooth when I wash my face the next day.

20220102_175030.jpg

โ€ƒ

@Mellmars1185, this was the first sleeping mask I used and has some sentimental value to me. Soft and smooth skin is always a win! ๐Ÿ˜

Love that feeling of soft skin! @Mellmars1185 

@Mellmars1185  agreed - this is a good one. ๐Ÿ˜‰

This one is such a classic and just a good all-around sleeping mask. So glad to hear that it works well for you, @Mellmars1185!

@Mellmars1185 I actually have a sample of this laying around (doing a declutter made me find a bunch of samples) I can't wait to give it a go ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline  I hop you enjoy it! I actually got this in a set with with lip sleeping mask so i beleive it is a deluxe sample !

@Mellmars1185 What an amazing deal ๐Ÿ™‚

A couple of new discoveries from last year and a numbered mask to finish off 2021:

7D703D6A-3928-45E5-A336-29113B6B9788.jpeg

Spoiler

A favorite new discovery for my skin this year has been the Peach Slices Snail Rescue Mask. It is one I return to again and again for non-nonsense, skin-plumping care. I had it in my cart for quite awhile, but after reading @itsfiโ€˜s glowing reviews, it found its way home. This will be an easy repurchase, time and time again.

The Kaja Balmy Bento Lip Balm + Scrub Piรฑa Colada has a deliciously pineapple-scented lip scrub on the bottom, and a coconut balm/mask (unscented) on top, tucked under a little mirror. The scrub has tiny granules, which feel quite nourishing. It is best for light exfoliation, since the scrubbie bits are sparsely populated. I removed it gently, by wiping off the granules as much as possible, and applied the coconut balm to seal it in. I hope Kaja continues this trend with new scents/flavors besides this and the Strawberry.

The Crรจme Shop BT21 Chimmyโ€™s Charming Printed Essence Sheet Mask (thank you, @sportygirly125!)
 was lightly scented of turmeric and citrus. The serum was thin, with just a hint of golden yellow. The fit was pretty good for TCS, and adhered well for the 25 minutes I wore it. After removing, my skin appeared slightly plumped and smoothed. This has been a fun line to try, thank you for this, SportyGirly125!

3A59C617-ED5E-44C1-BC0A-5A252975405F.jpeg

@eshoe, yaaay! That's great that the peach slices mask is working well for you! Kaja has put out some nice products, even among their more curated collection, there's a host of goodies! Would you consider the sheet mask from TCS x BT21 a repurchase?

@itsfi Peach Slices in general has been good to my skin - both wash off and sheet masks. I have thought about testing out my NuFace while wearing the Snail Rescue, but havenโ€™t. Yet.

Yes, I would consider TCS a repurchase; the serum was pleasant, and the fit was better than usual for the brand. 

I do love that lip balm and scrub!! @eshoe 

Somehow they continue to multiply, @lmaster ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Cute and fruity is hard to resist in a lip balm ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜„

I spy the Kaja pina colada lip balm! Thank you so much for sharing your love of that one with me, @eshoe. I've really been enjoying it. Like you, I'm hoping they give us some new flavors down the road. 

It makes me wish I had another of the Leaders Piรฑa Colada masks on hand, @quspork

5CC0CDF9-372C-44EB-8D08-716D0AC3F742.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Yes! Such a yummy scent on that one, @eshoe. I hate that Leader's discontinued that line. 

Only the good ones, @quspork ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Cute! I love Kaja! @eshoe 

Their packaging is always so cute, @sister13. Very lighthearted and fun!

Some masks from this week and last night   

Z for zippy and zzzz's and a favorite mask

Z - zippy + zzzzโ€™s.jpg

Sleeping Mask
Spoiler
belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask 2.53 oz/ 75 mL # is lightly scented gel sleeping mask. The scent is nice and disappears pretty quickly; it's the same fragrance found in other belif products. The gel applies smoothly and easily, feels rich and emollient, without feeling heavy or overwhelming on the skin - it absorbs fully overnight and there's no residue on my face the next morning; just soft, nicely hydrated skin with a bit of bounce. A little bit of this goes a long way so this deluxe sample will last me for a while. A plus with this sleeping mask is that it does not contain alcohol, but there are quite a few essential oils and added fragrance, all at the end of the INCI list, but for those who are sensitive to those things might want to pass altogether or try to get a sample first.
Splash Mask
Spoiler
I've spoken about the Blithe Patting Splash Mask Soothing & Healing Green Tea before. There are three splash masks in the line - this one in the green bottle, another one for brightening which contains lemon and honey extracts (yellow bottle) and a splash mask geared towards restoring elasticity to the skin, made up of berry extracts. These are highly concentrated liquids composed of their star ingredient(s) and lactic acid, and are great for exfoliating, resurfacing and smoothing the skin, in a very short amount of time. The most important thing for using splash masks is to make sure they are heavily diluted in water. There are a couple of ways to use the mask, my preferred approach is to use it in the shower by filling half of the cap with the liquid, pouring that into a cupped palm and then with my face turned toward the stream of water from the showerhead and my eyes closed, splashing the water and the liquid in my cupped hands onto my face and patting that in all over my face for 15 - 20 seconds. Yes, seconds. Zippy. Afterwards, I use a washcloth to pat my face dry, which feels so soft, smooth and supple. I'll apply my moisturizer next, or if I'm particularly dry, then a hydrating serum and a moisturizer. 

This masking sesh meets both themes from last week and and one from this week - we have a Z for zzzz's, an all time favorite mask and a 2021 discovery
Z - zzzโ€™s + faves + discovery.jpg
Spoiler
Both these masks earn a Z for zzzz's with the Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Mask also being an all time favorite mask of mine - this yuzu scented version works really well for me when I'm either congested, suffering from allergies, or experiencing a minor headache and help me to get some sleep and rest. ๐Ÿ˜ด

The Algenist GENIUS Sleeping Collagen Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL is also a favorite of mine, a new favorite, in fact, and fits the masks discovered this year (2021) category. I talked about it in a recent post - I had a handful of samples and decided to do the 10-day challenge, and to my (very pleasant) surprise, there was a noticeable difference in the plumpness and hydration of my skin. This sleeping mask is on my list for the spring sale; by then, I should have made some good work of my current supply of sleeping masks.. hopefully. ๐Ÿคž
Happy New Year maskers! ๐ŸŽ‰  Looking forward to hearing about everyone's masking adventures this year! ๐Ÿ˜ 
21,367 Replies
testing