Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Oil has been a godsend this last week @heartsmyface , I just polished off another bottle of the ordinary squalane this morning and ordered a new one yesterday from Herbivoire to try out too.  At this point I'd slather butter on if I ran out of oil completely lol

@heartsmyface You're so right. My oils work overtime in the winter. 

@QueenMarceline Are you in a 'wintery' climate as well?  I feel like I could bath in oils this time of year! lol

@missjeanie I am haha! Surrounded by all the great lakes actually... currently writing this from underneath my electric blanket.

@QueenMarceline No way!  I'm in the middle of two of the Great Lakes!

@missjeanie Where I'm at I feel like we get slapped from the weather in all directions. ๐Ÿ˜‚

My last sheet mask of 2021, combining both the # theme as well as a mask I discovered in 2021, with an ingredient spotlight on green tea.

7 Days Mask - green tea.jpg

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler

Ariul 7 Days Mask - Green Tea is a thicker-leaning Tencel sheet soaked with a thin, watered down but still slightly viscous milky liquid. Adherence was fine; not as good as with most sheet masks but it stayed in place for the entire 25 minutes - there's enough essence in the mask to have it on for a longer period but I was running short on time. There's a faint, pleasant fresh scent to it, less what I think of as green tea and more a subtle, fresh, clean scent with a hint of something ever so lightly floral.

I picked up this mask after reading it was one that @Shosh85 likes, and I can see why she likes it. ๐Ÿ‘ The cooling sensation from the sheet added a soothing, calming effect to the masking sesh as well. I had a couple spots of redness, the results of being a little too aggressive with an at-home peel and falling asleep with my makeup on a couple of nights last week (Sigh. I know better. On both counts. Ugh!), and the redness appeared to be reduced after using this mask. Noted. What's also noteworthy is how my skin looked and felt - more plump, hydrated, lightly moisturized, and with a healthy, fresh-faced glow that seemed to last longer than most sheet masks. I'm impressed with this mask and will be repurchased. It's one I consider among the top of my green tea masks. Thanks Shosh for letting me know about this one!

P.S. My second try at making matcha mochi pancakes was okay; they turned out much better than my first attempt. That's good progress; I'll continue to work at it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Masking 2021: Year in Review -

Spoiler
2021 was a big year for me, as far as sheet-masking (yes, it's a verb - lol) goes. My sheet mask no-buy / low-buy ended in mid-June when I finished up all of the sheet masks that I had, for the most part, purchased from 2018 - 2020. Since then, I started keeping a physical journal for notes on each sheet mask I used - 163 sheets over 191 days, or 5.97 sheet masks per week. Of the 163 sheet masks, there were 127 different masks used; and, of those 127 different masks, 22 were what I consider "top shelf" and 4 garnered a solid "N - O!" These statistics are interesting but I'm not sure I'll keep such careful notes on this year's group of masks; well, actually, I'll rephrase that - I know I won't be so methodical with my note-taking this year. ๐Ÿ˜‚ All that said, it was a good year for sheet masking - my sheet mask collection is a lot more manageable than it has been since I first started using sheet masks. I've discovered some masks (new and old) that I'd like to keep in rotation as well as others that I'd like to try at some point this year.

@itsfi  So happy you enjoyed this one! I love that milky serum and those results are so great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

A milky serum in a sheet mask (or as a standalone product for that matter) is pretty much a winner in my book from the get go,  @Shosh85! โ™ฅ๏ธ It just feels soothing and nourishing. Speaking of standalone products, I donโ€™t remember if this line has them, but this green tea milky serum would make a great standalone product. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  

You're really selling all the green tea with this photo and the mask write up! I'll happily volunteer to try out the next batch of green tea mochi pancakes.

@elleb810, thank you! I usually have a theme going on within the challenge theme, typically an ingredient or something as a tie-in. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Food is not an uncommon extra in the theme - works well with fruit centric sheet masks, and itโ€™s healthy for you! ๐Ÿ˜‰ The matcha mochi combo is one Iโ€™ve been trying out in some form, itโ€™s been pancakes recently. 

@itsfi  ohhhh, green tea mask? and a matcha mochi pancake?!!! OMG, this is like my dream masking combo. ๐Ÿ˜† I've seen the Ariul at CVS and will have to check out whtether the store by me stocks the green tea.

@nuinui933, yes! You love green tea! I think this Ariul mask would be one youโ€™d enjoy - the milky serum isnโ€™t too thick or heavy and should be suitable for all skin types. ๐Ÿต 

Only 4 NO masks sounds like a pretty good ratio, @itsfi. Also, I love that line from Ariul! It was one of the first lines I used eons ago when first getting into masking. In the world of Korean sheet masks, it's pretty impressive that they've managed to continue to be in production so long! 

@quspork, 100% agree. With all the innovation and new brands/companies in the South Korean marketplace, it really is great to see those that have endured. ๐Ÿ’– This too was one of the first brand of sheet masks that I saw inside a store (and a non-specialty Asian beauty store). 

The younger one is wondering what the custard-like mini bowl is @itsfi ๐Ÿค”

Your stats were fun to read; the variety mix in there is a pretty good size, I had not considered tracking that.

@eshoe, thank you! Being diligent about the notetaking was a way to alleviate some stress, but there were a fair amount of days where it lead to more stress, that's for sure. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ  Please let the mini know that it's lemon marscapone. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ‹

Oh @itsfi isnโ€™t that so true? Some days it is enough to take mental notes, and be done with it ๐Ÿ˜„

Mmmm lemon marscapone, I will share that little tidbit!

@itsfi   Mmmmm, blueberry pancakes were our first meal of 2022 at the request of my son who decided he wanted cereal once they were made.  

awww, haha, but you put us all to shame with your notes and organization!  ๐Ÿ˜†. Itโ€™s fun you have statistics to share.  

and as always your photos are very pleasing! 

Hahahaha @heartsmyface! It's amazing how they can be fixated on what they want to eat and then it's before them and naaah, "I want" something else. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚  It's hard to say I can't relate, though for me, it may be more with skincare or makeup than food - oooh, that's the one I want. It'll be the one allowance on my no-buy / lower-buy. And then once that's en route, I inevitably set my sights on something else. LOL!

Nah! That's so nice of you to say, but I draw a great deal of inspo from reading folks' notes on their masks. 

@heartsmyface  Who chooses cereal over blueberry pancakes???  lol

21,373 Replies
testing