Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@sister13   Why thank you madam! Join me for a nightcap?  Hot buttered rum? I hear it makes for a good nights sleep. 

Jolly good olโ€™ chap! Lol! Hot buttered rum would hit the spot! @heartsmyface 

@heartsmyface LOL! Okay, this is flippin' hilarious.

@QueenMarceline ๐Ÿ˜†. Gotta love a good gimmick now and then, but I really do need to find a different mask cause this one was only good for the smiles. 

@heartsmyface Haha! Hey, at least it was good for something. I've tried some masks that stunk annnnd didn't give me any laughs. ๐Ÿ˜‚-Me, trying to be positive-

So after noticing how badly I fell off the masking bandwagon last half of last year.. I need to hop back on hard!  My skin is flipping out lately... It's winter here, chilly, forced air heat at work in a 150 year old building where the heat needs to be cranked to make up for the literal cracks in the doors, I just upped my tetinoin from .01 to .4 and I may have gone a bit too hard on my already dry skin.  Toss in wearing a mask all day at work and ma skin... she's in desperate need of some TLC.  I had the Dr. Jart masks out from my last kick at the masking can going brand by brand and the Ceramidin line is actually just what I need.  I left it on for a good half hour and I need to do this much more often.  Skipping out on the retinol today and getting rid of the flakes with another work from home day tomorrow. 

IMG_1774.jpg

@missjeanie, I love the Ceramidin line from Dr. Jart - the sheet mask, the cream, body care products, etc. ๐Ÿ’› That line and the Cicapair line are fabulous! 

Oh yes!!! Heating! Don't get me wrong, I run cold often and especially in the winter so I do appreciate a warm office, but my word, it can wreak some havoc on the skin. It's one of the reasons I tend to use a sheet mask with more frequency in the cooler seasons.

@itsfi Yes!  The guys at work would laugh because Im always cold, but the heat runs so much havoc with my skin too.  It's really just telling me I need to move to a hot humid climate!  I'mma need the gov't to come up with some land in the Bahamas so I can transfer jobs lol

@missjeanie, oooohhh, the Bahamas sound amazing right about now. ๐Ÿ–๐ŸŒด Yeah, if you can make that transfer to happen and need an assistant, I'm game. I'd have no idea what I'm doing but for that warm weather, I'd learn. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'd probably have to rehaul my entire mask and skincare collections to accommodate the tropical climate, and that humidity! 

@itsfi I question regularly if I know what I'm doing!  It wouldn't be much fun having to seek out all new products for the climate eh ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Ž lol

Such a good mask for that extra moisture and healing, @missjeanie

@quspork Dr. Jart has a few gems in their mask line up.  This one, the Cica one and then they had one just for the apple zone too that were great.  I have another on now and I'm very glad I had these handy!

@missjeanie I haven't tried this one yet but it looks super interesting and is great from the sound of it ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for sharing 

@QueenMarceline It's a great mask and one that I luckily have a few of.  The material is so soft and it just conforms to the face so easily.  I've found the entire Ceramidin line to be great for dry skin days.  I'd highly recommend it as a more 'soothing' mask for anyone who overdoes it. 

Ooooh this is such a goodie, @missjeanie. I am so happy you are back, you have been missed๐Ÿค—

Thanks @eshoe !  I plan to do a mask count and figure out what my plan for the year is today at some point.  I'm WFH today so I've already got another of the DJ Ceramidin on ma face.  Gotta do some First Aid style masking today lol.  I'm always so overeager with the exfoliants wanting to look like I'm in 20s again lol 

Exfoliants are *slightly* addictive, I suspect, @missjeanie! Great time to be doing some extra skin care love, while wfh. I hope your skin loves you back๐Ÿค—

Beyond addictive @eshoe !  I even stared at a exfoliating wash today in the shower wanting to do it... while I'm still in first aid mode lol

Isnโ€™t that the truth, @missjeanie! What is it about exfoliators???

@missjeanie Ahhh, oh no!  Using oils is what I do when feeling raw.   and if you have a humidifier it really helps to have one running beside where you sleep. 

Oil has been a godsend this last week @heartsmyface , I just polished off another bottle of the ordinary squalane this morning and ordered a new one yesterday from Herbivoire to try out too.  At this point I'd slather butter on if I ran out of oil completely lol

21,372 Replies
testing