Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missjeanie  Oh, that sounds like a great goal! Your collection sounds a lot like mine - including size ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I've been making it a point to mask daily as well, so I can start to make a dent. I've put myself on a mask no-buy for the time being ๐Ÿ˜…

Haha, your comment about expiration cracked me up! I've used masks that were a year expired and they turned out fine! I say, if it looks fine and smells fine, you're good to go! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes!  @Shosh85 I mean... yes, my milk will expire... but my unopened sheet masks?  Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets sucked in with the 10 packs.  I'll be joining you on the sheet mask no buy this year.  I say no buy.. but hopefully no buy. lol

@missjeanie  Haha! As long as I don't visit TJ Maxx, I should be able to stick to my no-buy ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 No joke!  I haven't been to TJ's since March 17th of 2020.  My last time in the US!  We do have Winners here, but the winners on the Canadian side has a smaller less impressive beauty selection then the TJ's on the US border.  It's a bit of a blessing... I'm betting I'd be up over 1k by now lol

Thatโ€™s a lot of masks @missjeanie ! Sorry none of them were winners !

@Kim888 The more I use the kokostar's the more I'm noticing a bit of a film left behind that makes me feel like I need to wash/rinse my face.  The others aren't bad... I'm just getting pickier as I age/mask more.  At least the Honey one has a pleasant honey scent!

You are off to an excellent start, @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ I have confidence youโ€™ll work through a year of sheet masks! You can do this!! If you have several of those Kocostar slice masks, you can always use them on other parts of the body - legs, arms, etc. That comes in handy when itโ€™s really warm out and ummm โ€ฆ when you have a bunch of those types of masks you want to go through โ€ฆ or, so Iโ€™ve heard โ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi bahahahha... I wish I had my nieces here more often right now, they love doing the fruity ones.  I just want them gone though.  No time to wait though a lockdown with no idea when it's over.  I'm not opposed to giving my feet a sheet mask... just for the laugh alone!!!  

Hahaha, I almost suggested making your own hand and foot masks from the slices or from 2 sheet masks...why 2, you ask? Because it'll help you whittle down your stash more quickly... oh, and allow for more even distribution around your hands and feet, of course! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ You should do it @missjeanie! You would check off a lot of themes for the month - 

A is for amusing, appendages, alternative uses for your face masks

B is for bottom of feet, because I need to work through my sheet masks, bahahahaha

C is for cooling, c'mon, how else can I use these sheet masks?, creative thinking, counting down those sheet masks

D is for digits, definitely outside the box, daily feet masking

E is for entertaining, extremities

Just a thought, missjeanie! lol! Can you imagine how hydrated, soft, supple and glowy your feet would be with all the daily masking?! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Hahaha @itsfi I actually didn't count the hand and foot masks I have in my sheet mask count.  Not that I have a massive inventory of those.. I'd say under 10 all together. But I did pull out a Dr. Jart hand and foot one to do this week!  I just wish I could still type with the hand ones on!  

@missjeanie, Iโ€™m sure there will be hand masks like that coming soon. There has to be, or at least, it has to be something that is in development, right?!! ๐Ÿค” Maybe it would take away from the whole relaxation / spa time feel, but I imagine there would be a subset of consumers who would love that functionality. 

I mean... I never thought people would want fingerless gloves in the cold either @itsfi , but functionality needs to be a thing! lol

@missjeanie That is a lot of sheet masks! I hope you have fun using them! 

hahaha @Mellmars1185 I think there may be a few with larger collections around here!  When I first found this thread I think I had maybe 5... then I went wild with 6 and 10 packs.  I've learned my lesson lol... I'm hoping to work towards more mask types that I've found work for me in a curated collection.  I also have no self restraint some days lol

@missjeanie Hehe that is awesome. I am bit inspired to try some out. They sell some different types at a local supermarket. I think I may be next lol

@Mellmars1185 as far as addictions go... sheet masking is a pretty good one to have!

@missjeanie Yes! Let's use up those masks ๐Ÿ™‚ Sounds like you're going to have some awesome masking experiences.

Doing another A for ร roh

IMG_20220109_195539547.jpg

• This sheet was light green and thin
  • Fit was excellent
  • Scent was herbal, basil did stick out to me
  • Serum was clear and bubbly
  • Wear time was 20 minutes
  • While the sheet was on, I did experience a lovely cooling sensation, after I removed it, my skin was hydrated and moisturized and looked less red in areas
  • No lasting tackiness
  • This was excellent!! I would absolutely seek this one out and will try soon
Spoiler
IMG_20220109_195546296.jpg

โ€ƒ

IMG_20220109_204033318.jpg

โ€ƒ

This sounds like a great one, @lmaster-- though if it has a cooling sensation, I'd definitely have to hold off on use until summer haha!

@quspork I totally get that!! If I hadn't just stepped out of a steamy shower,,, it possibly would of been a shock

@lmaster  Oh, this one sounds wonderful! So happy it turned out great for you!

Does the grammar on this seem off to you? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜…

21,372 Replies
testing