Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missjeanie  I agree with you on the Formula 10.0.6 mask - it's a little too fragrant and I feel like it's more peachy-floral than just peach. I also didn't feel like it did anything. I decluttered it after just a couple uses.

I bought a few packs of those slice masks from TJ Maxx a while back, and regretted it. Haha! I used a couple sheets of it then gave the rest to my niece. Her and her friends had fun sticking them all over and taking selfies - they definitely had more fun with them than I did, lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 Nieces and selfies are what those slices are best for!  They have a purpose... just not in my collection! lol

@missjeanie funny how the masks we loved in the past are mediocre at best now,,I feel you!!

@lmaster I'm getting way pickier than I was a few years ago! 

At least the Yadah was a good plan B, @missjeanie. I'm surprised the Oozoo would be so dry, even if it technically expired last month. 

So was I @quspork ... I totally use masks that a year out of date and they're still fine.  I was so surprised.  I used the blue version of the same Oozoo mask this morning and while it wasn't dripping wet... It was much more damp to adhere and use. 

Wow that injection mask looks fun @missjeanie ! Sorry to hear it was dried out! 

@Kim888 I'm always down a bit of a gimick! lol I do recall these being lovely masks so I'm hoping the four or five I have are more saturated.  

A for AC (acne control), ampoule, and this aqua color theme with the product packaging. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

A - AC + aqua.jpg

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
The soft, thin-leaning, 100% cotton linter sheet of the Mediheal PDF A.C. Dressing Ampoule Mask EX is well coated in a clear, slightly viscious, serum-like essence bearing a slightly herbal, slightly floral scent that carries just a hint of something mildly chemical, all of which becomes undetectable almost immediately upon removing the mask from the packet. 

The name "MEDIHEAL" is faintly pressed into various places on the sheet and becomes more visible as the serum-essence is absorbed into the skin, thus signaling when it's time to remove the sheet, which, on the evening I reached for this one, ended up being around 20 minutes. There's just a smidge of tack left behind as the essence is fully absorbed, nothing problematic. My skin feels lightly hydrated and the redness around my nose and cheeks looks less prominent. 
I wouldn't mind using this mask again and plan on doing so, but probably when springtime rolls around and my skin becomes oilier and more prone to breakouts.

Hair Care

Spoiler
The SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL (gratis) works best for me if I just apply and work the product to my scalp / crown area and work whatever amount of the product and water from the shower may overflow onto the lengths of my hair as I rinse out the scrub from my crown. Using this approach seems to prevent any dryness that my strands might otherwise suffer if I applied the scrub directly on to the lengths or ends, and it leaves my scalp feeling clean, clear and refreshed and the length and ends soft and light. 

I usually let my hair air dry but in the winter months, I reach for the blow dryer more frequently so I will follow up with a hair mask after using the SC hair scrub. The creamy white Moroccanoil Weightless Hydrating Mask 8.5 oz/ 250 mL feels lightweight and has that signature Mooccanoil scent, which for me can be rather strong. The fragrance on this mask remains after rinsing the product from my hair, but is much more mild. The mask applies and rinses off easily without leaving any residue and does a good job of detangling hair. It leaves my hair with some nice movement / bounce, looking healthy, and feeling soft and moisturized. 

As for mask organization, I've gone back to keeping a journal of my sheet masks - all of 2, maybe 3, days passed in 2022 without one. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ My system is pretty straightforward and my notes haven't always consisted of complete sentences, so it should be doable. 

@itsfi beautiful layout!! The sheet mask sounds really good!! I'm not a huge fan of the hair scrub ๐Ÿ˜” wish I was, but too drying definitely if you don't follow up with something extremely hydrating

@lmaster, thank you! ๐Ÿค— I'm going to aim to reach for the scrub once every 10-14 days - I think I've found a way to make it work for me, but you are absolutely right - it needs a good hydrating hair mask, which will help with my goal to work through my hair masks. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  I haven't used that Mediheal mask before - sounds like a nice one! Would be interesting to find out how well this one works in the spring. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I've only used the hair scrub a few times so far, but I don't think I'd ever use it without following up with a good mask. It's actually the only time I can use the TGIN Honey mask without my hair feeling greasy. I feel like a scrub and mask make a good pair and really balances each other out. 

@Shosh85, this past spring and summer was not kind to my skin - ugh! I'm really hoping there will not be a repeat this year, but if I start seeing signs of that, I will see if using a mask like this Mediheal one will help. 

The scrub took some getting used to and yes, it needs a hair product buddy. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Oooh, the TGIN honey mask would make for a fantastic pairing with the scrub - there you go again, helping me on my hair care journey! ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you! I have the SC scrub in my project pan for this year; I don't think I'll get through the entire tub by the end of the year, and that's fine, but I have a feeling using it will help me get through, or at least make a dent in, my collection of hair masks! ๐Ÿ˜†

This looks like a great lineup of masks, @itsfi. It's hard to go wrong with Mediheal! And I just pulled the SC scrub out last week as well (thanks TeamBIC for the reminder on the reviews for those items haha!). I agree with your thoughts on it and am again so grateful that Sephora is generous enough to let us try out some of the new products from time to time!

Agree @quspork, such generosity! The SC scrub is one that I needed to work with a bit to figure out how to best use it for my hair type but I wouldn't have tried it but for the thoughtful gratis package. My intro to a couple of products that have become favorites has been through gratis.

@itsfi Good to know the SC scalp scrub can be a bit drying.  I received this as well but haven't tested it out just yet.  I'll be sure to have a mask on hand for after.  I do find a lot of the clarifying shampoos to need a mask as well, so I'll just bank on needing one here too after reading about your experience.  

Super cool of that Mediheal mask to have the mask itself tell you it's time to remove!  What a great feature. 

@missjeanie, which clarifying shampoos are you liking? 

The scrub is great for my scalp ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ but I definitely have to pair it with a hair mask for the rest of my hair - that is actually going to be very helpful with my goal to work through all my partially used hair masks, which I sheepishly admit is a much larger collection than is necessary. So the year of hair masks, it is!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi The last one I just finished up was the Living Proof I received in gratis... almost two years ago?  I only really used it once a month or so, so it lasted quite a while.  I honestly don't even remember which one I had before that.  I tend to only keep one at a time (I know... shockingly small collection lol).  I I know I've had mini's of the Christoph Robin and the Ouai before.  But I don't have any particular preferences of one over another.  I'm honestly not even sure if I need them.  I don't add a lot of product into my hair and it doesn't usually feel like I have any crazy build up so long as I swap out shampoo and conditioner every now and again so I'm really using them in a 'preventative' manner.  I do love me a good hair mask though.  My hair is currently just past my waist (I'm thinking of giving it a trim myself tonight) and the ends do get dry.  I do (when I'm going to be in public) normally give my ends a bit of a curl so they can get damaged split ends faster than normal.  I use a mask of some sort a few times a week to try and help combat that.  I haven't tried the Moroccan Oil yet, added to the loves list now for the next sale!

@missjeanie, thank you for the reminder - I have a few (yes, a few ๐Ÿ˜†) Christophe Robin hair care products I should use up. 

@itsfi @Sounds like a great hair masking session! The scrub and hydrating mask combo really does work great!

@Kim888, working through all my hair masks is a priority this year, or at least making a sizable dent in them! ๐Ÿ˜† 

21,373 Replies
testing