Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 I'm horrible at organizing them!  I really should have gone through mine sooner than I did.  I only have a month worth that were expired in 2020, so I'm not too too upset, but right now I've got mine by brand for the ones I bought then the ones from Unicorn mail or MOTM were separate.  I think moving forward I'll try to keep things divided up by year for expiry and not worry too much about the months, then sub organize by alphabet now that you've given the idea.  Will make masking for themes much easier!

@missjeanie I'm literally using the same masks too, they are a couple weeks expired, but they need to be used,, sooooo a boring last week for sure!!

@lmaster I've pulled masks for the next week that are all going to be flashbacks for the masking thread!  And the expiry dates are exactly why mine are all pulled too. 

@missjeanie I've been itching to try some of those Leaders masks, maybe in my next ULTA order I'll throw one in ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline They are a solid mask choice.  I don't think you'd be disappointed!

@missjeanie I look forward to picking one up soon ๐Ÿ™‚

@missjeanie, kudos to you for ploughing through the less fun masks in your stash! I chuckled at your comment about the packaging for the Leaders Aquaringer mask being utilitarian; it's one of the things I like about that mask - it's a mask I would consider a tried and true, go to mask that I know will do right by my skin - and the 'blah'-ness of the packaging, for lack of a better word, used to actually help it standout for me when I would be rummaging through my masks looking for it. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ My mask organization is better now so no need to rummage (too much anyways) but its "plain Jane" aesthetic has come in handy - waffle mask, TCS animated animals mask ... ah ha, plain ol' Leaders Aquaringer! There you are!! ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi lol It's such a double edged sword for me.  I don't want anything to be tooooo gimmicky... but also I want packaging to be nice enough to draw me in.  I actually quite liked the mask so it's a good one to have (even if I had it way toooo long).  I'm actually quite glad to be working in expiry year at the moment as it cuts down on the rummaging.  Too overwhelming going through such a large stash. 

Woah @missjeanie, I spy some oldies but goodies in there! It must feel so good to get those out of the bin, great work๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Very much so @eshoe !  I'm thinking if I keep it up I'll have anything older than 2021 done in the next month. I'm not super worried about expiry dates but I'd like to make sure they're getting used a bit more timely than years out of date lol

Not much regular routine for me lately, this year sure started off a bit hectic, as we had to make a bunch of adjustments at work for winter events due to Omicron. Anyway, I have a three day weekend for MLK, so thatโ€™s nice, though I still have some work Iโ€™ll need to do. Often, I do a mask on Saturday mornings but yesterday started fast, haha.

Anyway, just relaxing and doing chores today. Decided to do some masking while the house was quiet. 

1st, the second half of this sample Alpyn Beauty Wild Huckleberry 8-Acid Polishing Peel Mask 1.7 oz / 50 mL . Goes on nicely, felt a bit of tingling after about 5 minutes. Has very gentle beads that I massaged in while rinsing. Had a bit of redness in a line where the mask stopped so I think anyone with very sensitive skin would want to use caution. Skin felt smooth but a bit tight after rinsing and drying.

I decided to add a sheet mask, the Lapcos Aqua. This is from my 7 variety pack. This has that same gel consistency, plenty of serum and the mask fit really great, nice and smooth. Stayed on for at least 20-25 minutes while I cleaned the bathroom and made breakfast. Left a tacky feel but took away any redness from the alpyn peel mask and felt nice and hydrated.

I didnโ€™t realize this Wander beauty lip oil Wander Beauty Lip Retreat Oil is tinted, kind of a brownish tan nude, but it feels and looks pretty nice

3932C3FF-BC3F-4315-8015-DFAA97379D23.jpeg

DFE74A67-E490-4689-BF7E-BF3F66A9696E.jpegDEF0AA63-8EC4-41C3-B26B-0F0003A5602C.jpeg

@sister13  The Lapcos mask is a nice one! Glad it turned out great for you! Have you tried any others from that set yet? I really loved the Honey one ๐Ÿ˜‰ They have two new sets now, and I'm especially interested in the Cica, Escargot, Ceramide and Propolis masks. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Good time to use a hydrating mask!! @sister13 

My thoughts exactly! @lmaster 

@sister13, thank you for the note about being cautious with the alpyn peel mask - my sensitive skin is making a mental note! ๐Ÿ˜Š I've only used the honey version of the Lapcos mask (I found one I like and have been sticking with it) but am intrigued by a few others from the brand, including this Aqua one now - tack from a sheet mask isn't a dealbreaker for me and I really like the sound of the Lapcos Aqua taking away redness. 

I hope the rest of the long weekend is productive and restful for you! 

Yes, my skin is not usually sensitive, so I was a little surprised to see those red lines from the peel under my eyes. I canโ€™t remember if I mentioned, the Lapcos Aqua didnโ€™t have much scent, if any at all. It was a great fitting mask and my skin today feels nice and hydrated, though I am also trialing a new moisturizer as of last night. @itsfi 

That Alpyn Beauty mask is a great little 5-minute skin softener @sister13 - but yes, a timer is vital with this one! It is potent. Just a note, the granules are spherical, so they are supposed to be more gentle in the skin than other physical exfoliants. 

That Lapcos set is a nice one, I agree. Good to have a few of those on hand!

Yes, itโ€™s funny, I do donโ€™t t remember having a sensitive reaction the first time I used the sample, but could be any number of things, I suppose, that made it more sensitive this time. I read the product page and reviews after I used it, so I saw that itโ€™s bamboo spheres and multiple acids. I would consider buying this if I didnโ€™t already have too many masks in my stash! @eshoe 

@sister13 I found the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial Mask 2.03 oz/ 60 mL to be remarkably similar to the Alpyn mask. Just another option for when you arenโ€™t swimming in masks๐Ÿ˜‚

@sister13

A hydrating sheet mask that takes away redness sounds right up my alley. Going to pick up that variety set.

Yes, itโ€™s a nice set! @missy94612  This Aqua one didnโ€™t have much scent at all, but Iโ€™m also not very sensitive to fragrance.  I was trying to remember to notice for my review this time and definitely thought it had almost no scent this time but I trust you are right about these in general, masking queen! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ @eshoe 

21,367 Replies
testing