Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I can picture it, @sister13 , because I have spent too much time online admiring her workspace๐Ÿ˜‰ I think @Kim888 tried this one, too. Iโ€™ve only used the blue cocoon. And attempted to duplicate it,  though it didnโ€™t quite pair up!

@eshoe sand @Kim888 I went to a workshop that May did here in Denver at a green beauty shop a year or two ago. It was a divine experience and she is SO LOVELY! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

That sounds so wonderful, @sister13! Btw I love CO. Lucky youโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe I have and totally agree - it creates such a big mess but they do have good products! 

B is for BioBelle, Briogeo, and babyfacial.0706C9ED-4839-4D6E-BDF3-D6AA2579E828.jpeg

I absolutely loved the BioBelle after party mask. It had a nice light berry scent, the fit was great, and there was lots of serum. I left it on for 20 minutes. There was enough serum left to massage in to my arms, neck, and chest. It was a bit tacky at first. My face definitely looked brighter and felt so hydrated. I definitely plan on repurchasing. A+. I really wish they would bring back the Briogeo honey mask because it is my favorite. I ran out of DE Lala so Iโ€™ve been mixing the F-Balm with my babyfacial and it has worked out well. Especially since itโ€™s not the best overnight mask Iโ€™m glad I found another use for it.

Great job repurposing a product @faeriegirl. I always hate wasting so it's awesome you found a better use for it. I've been hoarding my bear. Partially it was packed during the move but part of me keeps waiting for a special reason to have a bear in the shower. Haha!

Wow nice masking line-up, @faeriegirl! I didnโ€™t realize the Briogeo was LE, hopefully a little goes a long way.

It does @eshoe . I  asked on Instagram and they said they might be bringing it back๐Ÿคž

The Afterparty mask was definitely a nice one, @faeriegirl!

@faeriegirl how long do you leave the fbalm and baby facial on for?

@lmaster  Usually for 15 to 20 minutes.

Perfect ๐Ÿ‘ @faeriegirl I think I'm going to try that too ๐Ÿ˜†

@faeriegirl  Happy to hear you loved the mask! Their original masks are my favorite! I really hope they're not really gone for good, but it's looking that way ๐Ÿ˜ข

That's great that you found a new

use for F-balm!

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

@faeriegirl I still squeal in delight seeing the cute bear packaging.

@faeriegirl  Yay, I'm glad you loved Afterparty! This is one Biobelle shouldn't have discontinuedโ€”assuming they're not bringing it back... eh, I could be wrong about that, but I don't like the direction their masks are apparently headed (key ingredients at the tail end of ingredients lists, fragrance listed higher up, less impressive sheet material). So I hope to see this one re-released someday without a major formulation shuffle. 

Also glad you found another use for F-Balm. I'm using it now that temps are high, but once the weather chills, I'll have to shelve F-Balm again. 

@faeriegirl  Wow such a great masking sesh!! 

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

My skin is not Behaving so tonights mask for B week is Eve Lom Rescue Mask what is promises: : Deep cleanses without drying, gently decongests pores and absorbs excess oil Smoothes and conditions skin surface, leaving it supple and soft Helps calms redness and irritation Instantly soothes puffy tired eyes and skin Smell? Not sure what does it exactly-but it almost smells like vicks vapor rub. not exactly but it had a effect on my sinuses but i like the smell of vicks so no issue for me๐Ÿ˜‰ Consistency? creamy clay but pretty thick & when it starts drying down forget about moving it๐Ÿ˜ณ Ease of use?i wonder if using a mask brush would be easier to spread it..๐Ÿค”will try next time. Definitely use a cloth to remove. Would I  purchase/try again?it really surprises me that this is alcohol in it-4th ingredient listed. That being said,my skin needs it every now & then for balance. This mask did what it promised my skin so i like my first impression of it๐Ÿค—

Ha I donโ€™t mind the scent of Vickโ€™s either, @sonnydee! Itโ€™s kind of comforting, actually. I wonder if the entire line has the same scent. 

the cleanser is more herbal, if I remember right๐Ÿค” @lmast...

the cleanser is more herbal, if I remember right๐Ÿค” @lmaster? I know you probably used it more recently than I have. But, I do love it! @eshoe so far the stuff I've tried from Eve is like tata, strong smelled but effective๐Ÿ˜Š

Re: the cleanser is more herbal, if I remember right๐Ÿค” @lmast...

Just used it @sonnydee yep it does have a medicinal scent, texture like vicks for sure

Re: the cleanser is more herbal, if I remember right๐Ÿค” @lmast...

I don't remember the scent @sonnydee but I definitely remember how soft my skin feels after using it with the cloth

9,722 Replies
Photos1,712
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg