Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi oh thank you!! Doesn't the lime just make you smile ๐Ÿ˜ I bought a few others to try and see if they smell anything like the star ingredient,,, it's always a smell test 

"it's always a smell test" ~ so true @lmaster! I hope you have good results with your smell test with the other mask from this line. Will look forward to hearing your thoughts on them (and seeing the cute illustrations).

For 1$ that's amazing! @lmaster 

Yes I was excited!! On iherb website!! @CynthieLu 

R for everything's coming up roses and Rhode 

R - rose, rose & Rhode.jpg

Wash Off / Overnight Mask

Spoiler
I've talked about the Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask before so I won't go on and on about it - she's rich, creamy, smells good (like roses), and is spendy, but is worth the splurge. I prefer to use this as an overnight mask and it never disappoints - soft, smooth, supple skin overnight, with a healthy, fresh, brightness about it

Sheet Mask

Spoiler
Tencel is one of my favorite materials for sheet masks. The soft and thin material holds an incredible amount of essence without being weighty, heavy or runny. It wears comfortably, adhering effortlessly to the contours of the face, creating that second-skin feel. It's truly a gentle hug for the face. This Chobs Rose Anti-Wrinkle Face Mask was no different in that regard. What's more, the fit is exceptional, near perfect for my face size, shape and features - the openings for the eyes and mouth are wide enough to require zero adjustments. Same for the width and length of the material covering the nose bridge and philtrum. There's even the perfect amount of material to cover my longer-than-normal forehead. The only extra to this mask, in addition to the amount of essence in the packet, involves the material at the temples (the usual 1/4" or so) and the extra 1/2" at the chin, which by all accounts is far less material than your standard sheet mask. 

The clear, thin, slightly viscous, liquid essence bears a fresh, clean, subtly herbaceous and slightly rosy scent that lingers only so long as it takes to apply the mask onto the face and then, gone. Thirty minutes fly by and there's enough essence in the mask that I might have been able to keep the mask on for an additional thirty minutes. Speaking of the essence, it's chock-full of amazing ingredients, all organic and vegan and halal - the ones specifically noted by the brand include apple water (14%), rose extract (49%) and rosemary extract (10%). The essence absorbs quickly and smoothly into the skin, helped along with some patting and pressing here and there, and once completely absorbed, leaves zero tack, stickiness, or filmSkin is soft, smooth, supple and hydrated. This is a beautiful mask - one I highly recommend and will definitely repurchase

Lip Treatment / Balm

Spoiler
Pillowy soft, plump, hydrated lips. Those are the results I get every time I use the Rhode Peptide Lip Treatment. It's the reason this is one of my favorite, and my current favorite, lip balm. It's thick, without being unwieldly, heavy or gooey. There's little to not love about the lip treatment, which currently is available in two permanent "flavors" / scents (watermelon (edited: I mistakenly said strawberry) and salted caramel), and a limited edition flavor (passionfruit jelly) and an unscented version. All the scented lip balms smell wonderful, just as you would expect of the fruit for which it is named. The results truly speak for themselves - soft, pillowy, plump and hydrated lips. 

I'm hearing alot of good buzz about Rhode and Sisely @itsfi I think I don't want to research how much of splurge it really is ๐Ÿ™ˆ but the flavors you are all describing for the lip mask, oh yummy! 

@CynthieLu, a while back, Costco carried the Sisley mask and occasionally offered additional markdowns that while still on the splurge side, was a significant break from full price. Some luxury department stores used to include foil or deluxe samples of the Sisley in its gwp promotions; I must have gone through half a dozen foil samples and 2 deluxe samples over the years before I bit the bullet and went for a full size. 

Rhode is great! Just 3 products (for now) but those products are well made.  The lip balm flavors are fabulous. I secretly (or maybe, not so secretly) wish they would release a vault set of all the lip balm flavors that have ever been released. Good news is that they're now available in Canada! 

@itsfi I was in awe of how amazing the lip treatment is!! I bet the strawberry is phenomenal, because the salted caramel is the best flavor ever!!

Itโ€™s soooo good, right @lmaster?!! Itโ€™s thick but still easy to apply and wear and melts into the lips. 

Ack!!! I goofed. The other original flavor is watermelon ๐Ÿ‰, not strawberry. Sorry about that. I love all the flavors. The salted caramel stands out because itโ€™s different; and because itโ€™s salted caramel. ๐Ÿ˜‹ Thatโ€™s my favorite of the flavored one. Her new, limited edition one, passionfruit jelly is nice too - same hydrating effect but a different texture. 

@itsfi it's hard to describe how amazing the salted caramel truly is!! I love that it's different from more flavors offered in lip products and they nailed it

@lmaster, she's released some great flavors and the formula on these lip balms is great. I'm hoping that at some point, she puts out a set with all of the flavors, including the limited edition ones. Like a vault seet. She did when she released a birthday cake flavor earlier this year (or maybe it was last year). Or maybe she can just make them all part of her permanent line. There! That solves it. ๐Ÿ˜„

@itsfi that would be excellent

@itsfi Lovely masking! Iโ€™m a sucker for a hood overnight mask, who doesnโ€™t want to wake up with softer, well moisturized skin?! 

Right @bakeamuffin?! My skin is happy when I use this. ๐ŸŒน I resisted the Sisley for the longest time because of the price, but gave in when I found a sale. Still pricey, but it is a worthy splurge. You only need just a little so the tube lasts a while; Iโ€™ve had this one for years and it still performs as well as it did the first time I used it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi its just the best when a product works so well for your skin, itโ€™s so great you could get the Sisley on sale to help cushion the blow a little! So worth it for a peaceful self care moment and an amazing skincare routine, these little joys make life so much sweeter ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฉท 

That is such a lovely way to put it @bakeamuffin! This tube does last forever but my goodness, when I first decided to splurge on it, I did wonder if I was in my right mind. ๐Ÿ˜† Having used it over the years, it is really a nice treat and as you said, it adds a joy to my day. That certainly is worthwhile, as is how soft my skin feels the next morning! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi That rose mask looks so lovely, but oof...just saw the price. Definitely will be something I'll look out for during a sale!

@txcatx, as much as I like the Sisley mask, I would definitely recommend waiting for a sale. I'll either save up reward points / notes for the next tube I pick up or I'll wait for when one of the stores has their big more you buy, more you save sales. 

Q for quick (and a sweet treat)

Iโ€™m all for a quick & easy masking that delivers results. Thatโ€™s what I get with these two mango ๐Ÿฅญ centered beauties. 

Q - quick (mango).jpg

Hair Mask

Spoiler

A quick 5-minutes with the deliciously fruity-floral scented Klorane Nourishing Mask with Mango leaves my mane moisturized without being weighed down. To my nose, the scent isnโ€™t overpowering but I do pick up the mango notes with a hint of flowers

The mask itself is rich and thick which made me a little nervous because I was afraid it would be too heavy on my strands. I had nothing to worry about. The richness of the cream allowed it to glide easily along the length of my hair. It also rinsed out smoothly, fully and without leaving a film on my strands

My hair looked and felt soft and smooth with a healthy shine and fluid movement to it. A little goes a long way so I wonโ€™t need to repurchase it anytime soon but I will definitely be reaching for it when my hair needs some TLC. Highly recommended. 

Lip Mask:

Spoiler

The Laneige lip sleeping masks have been a part of my evening skincare routine ever since I learned about them. At one point, I picked up a full size of every flavor they came out with, but I have been more judicious of late given how long it can take to work my way through a container. Thank goodness there are miniโ€™s of these beauties. 

I have this limited edition Laneige lip sleeping mask - mango ๐Ÿฅญ in both a mini & full size - couldnโ€™t help it; had to be done! Itโ€™s a thicker leaning balm, with a yummy mango scent and slight tack that dissipates as the product smoothly glides across and melts into my lips upon contact with the warmth from my body. It nourishes my lips beautifully overnight, making them soft, smooth and moisturized the next morning. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I may not pick up every flavor but I will always have a lip sleeping mask from this brand in my collection. Itโ€™s tried-and-true and must have for me. 

Mango Sorbet๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Spoiler
Pretty tasty, but could be better. Would like to taste more mango in it - next time, I'll try including chunks of the actual mango fruit, and instead of just using handmade mango puree, to add some canned puree as well. That might make for a stronger mango flavor. More than happy to keep making it. ๐Ÿ˜‹

@itsfi I am absolutely loving this theme! And you actually made the sorbet?!

@txcatx, thank you! I love mangoes! ๐Ÿ’› Yes, a friend dropped off a box of mangoes and I made a smoothie bowl one day and started thinking about all of the other things to make with mangoes. Mango sorbet came to mind and voila. It's not hard at all to make; I did this in the blender but read afterwards (of course, it was something I found out afterwards ๐Ÿ˜†) that using a food processor gives an even smoother finish. I might try it next with a food processor. 

21,372 Replies
testing