Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge

@Kim888 thanks for the tag!! Love to read your thoughts on these

G is for Goat Milk
jmsolution goat milk mask.jpg

Spoiler
The essence in this JMsolution Goat Milk New Zealand + Australia Mask Black has more of the traditional, slightly viscous, liquidy consistency found in most sheet masks than a creamy, milky one I had expected. You can see the milkiness of the essence but it is watered down. This super thin mask holds a lot of essence - I mean, a lot. It definitely felt like it was drenched in the essence, but at the same time, I did not experience any dripping from the mask. The essence itself had a subtle fermented scent to it, maybe a slightly goat milk lotion scent; it did not linger. Adherence was fantastic; in fact, part way through my wear time (and I don't think I was imagining this), I felt the mask clinging even more firmly to my skin, in a good way. Save for some minor snips to the corners of the mouth and eyes, the fit on this one was near perfect, both length- and width-wise. ๐Ÿ˜ Yaay! 

Directions called for 10-20 minutes of wear, but I kept with my standard MO of 30 minutes - there was so much essence in this mask I probably could have left it on for at least another 30, maybe even 40 minutes. There's a slight tacky feeling to the skin even when the essence has been fully absorbed. It's not an issue for me as disappears after I follow up with my moisturizer. If I didn't already have a few backups of this mask, I would quickly repurchase as my skin (which is leaning more and more on the dry side as we inch closer and closer to winter) feels hydrated and nourished after using this mask. The hydration lasted overnight as well - I didn't see any dry spots the next morning. ๐Ÿ˜

NOTE: I'm not sure why this mask references "black" - I initially assumed it might be a charcoal bamboo sheet mask, but nope, that's not it. Maybe black goats from New Zealand and Australia? I dunno. Any thoughts? ๐Ÿค”

My Two Cents: If your skin leans dry or dehydrated or is feeling particularly parched, this'll give it a much needed boost of hydration and moisture! Except perhaps in the deepest part of winter, those with normal, combo or oily skin will likely find the amount of essence in this mask to be too much without some adjustments (i.e., squeezing out some of the essence, not leaving the mask on for the full duration recommended). 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, glycereth-26, phenoxyethanol, polysorbate 20, betaine, carbomer, triethanolamine, allantoin, niacinamide, trehalose, ethylhexyl palmitate, ethylhexylglycerin, cetyl ethylhexanoate, pca dimethicone, xanthan gum, dipotassium glycrrhizate, disodium edta, sodium polyacrylate, hydroxycellulose, polyglyceryl-10 oleate, 1,2-hexanediol, polyglyceryl-4 oleate, hydrogenated lecithin, lactococcus/milk ferment lysate, goat milk extract, fragrance, sodium hyaluronate, acerola fruit extract, moringa pterygosperma seed extract, pearl extract, sodium stearoyl glutamate, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, hydroxypropyltrimonium hyaluronate, disodium phosphate, polysorbate 60, sea water, soybean seed extract, elm bark extract, sodium phosphate, chamaecyparis obtusa water, silk amino acids, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, aspergillus ferment, bacillus ferment, lactobacillus ferment, houttuynia cordata extract, tea tree leaf extract, melia azadirachta flower extract, portulaca oleracea extract, milk amino acids, hyaluronic acid

@itsfi love the theme of the mask. Sounds great for winter skin for sure.

That description sounds lovely and also leaves me perplexed, @itsfi. The black notation makes me think maybe silt? I did see whitening goat milk masks, but Iโ€™m stumped๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Silt @eshoe? I don't think I saw that in the inci list but I just skimmed it quickly. I'll have to search for other names for that and comb through the list more closely when I have more time.

This entire mask sounds delightful @itsfi !  I always worry with watery serums that they'll be drippy but it's so nice when everything comes together like this. 

Agree @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ˜ There are some masks that I wonder how they can keep the essence from dripping everywhere, especially those masks that lean on the thin to ultra thin side. I mean, I love that combination but I'm always curious how they do it! 

I agree @itsfi with @Shosh85 the serum in this mask sounds very nice!

The serum is great @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜ Definitely one that is very well suited for anyone with dry or dehydrated skin or anyone struggling with dryness this time of the year! 

@itsfi  Oooh, I love the milky masks and this one definitely sounds great! 
I tried to do a quick little search, but couldn't figure out what "black" is referring to - I did see other masks (non-goat related ๐Ÿ˜‰) that said "black" as well and also others that said, "prime," "clear," "rose," and "rice." ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป If you figure out what it means, let me know! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, the serum in this mask is very nice, consistency and formula-wise. Yeah, the "black" in the name is stumping me. ๐Ÿค” I may pull some of the other JMsolution masks I have and do some more sleuthing over the holiday weekend next week. Will definitely keep you posted if I find out. 

@itsfi  My first thought was that it has something to do with the ingredients, but that wouldn't explain the ones that say, "prime" or "clear." I wonder if it has something to do with how their lines are categorized- black line, prime line, clear line, etc. ๐Ÿค”

@Shosh85, I think you are into something with it being how their lines are categorized. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ Good thinking. ๐Ÿง I went onto the companyโ€™s website the other day to see if I could find out info about lines but didnโ€™t get very far. To be continued...

In preparation for next week, I plan to use S for the Superfood Salad masks. I've been gifted a few in unicorn mail (I'll shout out the specific lovely ladies when I review) but was curious if anyone wanted to Buddy Up. My options are

• Mangosteen
  • Green tea
  • Carrot

Ooooh Iโ€™m in if I can use other brands, I donโ€™t think I have any Superfood masks left, but I might have some with the ingredients @ShortErica @Shosh85 @lmaster 

Yes!!! That would be cool @eshoe! Especially seeing what ingredients one vs the other have or don't.

@ShortErica @lmaster  I just recently did the carrot one, but I'll do the other two! (I actually already had the Green Tea lined up for this week ๐Ÿ˜‰)

Yaaaaaaay!! @Shosh85 @ShortErica  I think @faeriegirl might have these as well ๐Ÿ˜†

Woohoo @Shosh85๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€

@ShortErica I have them all, I'll be your buddy ๐Ÿ™Œ what order do you want to use them in?

Woohoo buddy @lmaster! How about we do Green Tea tomorrow (Tuesday) and then you pick the next one? ๐Ÿ˜€

9,731 Replies
Photos1,714
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg