Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through the challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: โ€œFavorite Mask in Your Regular Routineโ€ - the lovely @itsfi would like to know - which mask do you buy in bulk, to always have on hand? 

Letter of the Week:  S

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather  This one sounds so nice! Glad to hear it turned out great for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  My skin really enjoyed it! Thanks!

Last night I tried The INKEY List Kaolin Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL .  I was interested in it because my usual HG clay mask, Versed Find Clarity Purifying Mask, has been harder to get my hands on.  (Target no longer sells it in-store, and Dermstore no longer offers free shipping with any order but instead has a $35 minimum.)  I enjoy clay masks because they absorb oil and make my pores appear to shrink.

I was surprised that this was a white clay mask.  At first I didn't care, but then I realized that it was a little hard to tell when it dried down.  I applied a thin layer because that's what the directions said to do, but also because I didn't think it spread that well and was hard to build.  As the mask dried, the drier areas turned kind of transparent.  The thicker layers didn't dry that well and I got impatient after about 12 minutes or so.

As it dried down, I didn't get that dry/cracked feeling that ones does with clay masks.  That WAS nice.  This also rinsed off easily.

I truthfully wasn't that impressed last night, but today I noticed that my pores did seem more clear.  So yes, I will use this again!  (However, it didn't stop me from buying another two of the Versed mask today because I'm a beauty hoarder.)

One thing I really appreciate about this mask was the price.  I feel like it's OK to not love it, because it's so inexpensive.  I own three other items from The Inkey List, and I really think it's been a solid brand.

@greeneyedgirl107  I really like how you said that this one doesn't dry down fully yet isn't difficult to remove - that sounds like a great combo! 

So glad you reviewed this one @greeneyedgirl107 I've been curious about this one for awhile

@lmaster Happy to help out ๐Ÿ™‚

@greeneyedgirl107  This one sounds pretty good, but I'm sorry to hear the Versed mask is harder to get a hold of! Does the Versed mask dry down super hard?

@Shosh85 The Versed mask definitely dries down, but I wouldn't say it dries down super hard or  uncomfortably so.  Whenever I've felt that uncomfortable too tight/extra dry feeling, it's always been b/c I left it on for too long.  You know, like when you can't wait the 10-15 minutes so you go on BIC and time flies!

@greeneyedgirl107  Oh, yes time certainly flies when your on the BIC! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thanks for the info! Both of these clay masks sound like they're worth trying out! 

Thanks for the review on this one, @greeneyedgirl107. I've been curious to hear more about it. 

My skin very much appreciates clay masks that do not dry down @greeneyedgirl107. I've used TIL kaolin mask before and enjoyed it; may have to check out Versed's version of it - well, first I'll check to see if I already have it. lol. 

@itsfi I didn't know that there were clay masks that didn't dry down.  You've broadened my horizons.  What other clay masks do you like?

@greeneyedgirl107, innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL and Kiehl's Since 1851 Rare Earth Deep Pore Minimizing Cleansing Clay Mask have been good; they both contain kaolin and bentonite clays so Iโ€™ve been surprised that they are not drying on my skin. I typically only use clay masks on my T-zone and usually remove a little earlier than the recommended wear time.

Not clay masks but some charcoal and mud masks I really like for decongesting the pores  are Origins Clear Improvementโ„ข Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish 2.5 oz/ 75 mL and Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask 5 oz/ 150 mL. I would say I like these two more than the clay masks. The Origins I used a couple times per week along my jawline when maskne first started its assault on my jawline. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi Those all look like interesting options!  I've esp been meaning to try the innisfree, but now you have me wanting the PTR and Kiehl's.  I haven't heard of the Origins Charcoal Honey Mask, but have heard of the Origins Mini Clear Improvementโ„ข Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pore 1 oz/ 30 mL .  I keep meaning to try that one, too!

G for Goodal- in particular the Goodal Blueberry Infused Water Mask

PXL_20210211_165442530.jpg

I've used a few of the older, discontinued Goodal masks in the past and was pretty pleased with them so when @lmaster started saying some good things about the newer versions, I knew I needed to pick a couple up. This was a thin cotton sheet that gave me an excellent fit and great adherence. I didn't pick up much of a scent outside of general freshness, but maybe there was the slightest hint of a fruity scent? Or maybe I was wishing it into existence, ha! The sheet itself was well saturated and I was able to wear it for a good 20 minutes. After removal there was just a little bit of tack that faded fairly quickly. My skin felt refreshed and hydrated, and I did notice there was a little less redness in my cheeks than before the mask. All in all, I was pretty pleased with this one and wouldn't hesitate to re-purchase. 

@quspork  Oooh - this looks really nice. Goodal is a brand I need to explore some more.

They've had some great products over the years, @PrettyPaint. I really want to try their tangerine line at some point. 

@quspork Ooh I'm adding this to my wishlist! 

It's definitely a good line to check out, @Samtian

@quspork  This one sounds pretty great - I'm happy you enjoyed it! Definitely makes me excited to try out the line! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿซ

I hope you enjoy it whenever you give it a whirl, @Shosh85!

9,657 Replies
Photos1,704
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg