Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Ohhhh pumpkin honey??? Yes yes yes @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster Definitely one of my favorite masks, especially for morning or Vit-C focused. Most things I try from Andalou are hits. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@QueenMarceline Ohhhh great products!  I think I've tried a lush mask or two once, maybe twice... a decade ago?  I'm not big on floral, but dang... the consistency of the lush cleanser sounds like I need to try it!  Don't they make a soapy bath time play dough for kids too?  Hmmmm... I mean... I'm a tall child, with a lot of experience.. Mayyyyyyybe I need to visit the lush site lol

That Andalou mask sounds interesting too... looooove some pumpkin masking!

@missjeanie Way back when they certainly did have play-doh bath products, I actually know exactly what you're talking about. They came in multiple colors/scents and even had a little "cookie cutter" type of product that came with it and helped you play around more. Not 100% sure they still carry that product but they do probably have something else that would catch your eye. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have a whole basket of bubble bars and bath bomb I've collected over the years. Some of them are huge tub stainers which is why I have so many I still need to get through-just don't reach for them. Definitely wouldn't recommend over-buying them like I did but they're certainly lovely as a little gift or a special treat. 

@QueenMarceline hmmmm the Lush mask sounds intriguing. I donโ€™t mind lavender, if it is not overly potent! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on both of these, this is the first time I have seen both.

@eshoe The LUSH one is actually a cleanser, but it's very "mask-like" so I actually keep it on lathered for a few minutes. Still very fun to try, I suggest getting a sample if you have a LUSH near you-they give out free samples of their products ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh yes, @QueenMarceline - some cleansers work well as masks, too! I used to use the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm 1.7 oz/ 50 mL as a mask, the coffee-like scent was so delicious. I donโ€™t have a Lush close enough to just pop in, but I have a growing list of reasons to go there, anyway!

@eshoe That cleanser looks lovely. I've really been into more gentle cleansers lately which is so unlike me. Always looking to try new things in that department. ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, hoping you can pop over to LUSH sometime I think there's a couple things there you might like.

The Andalou pumpkin mask sounds like something that would be right up my alley, @QueenMarceline. Who doesn't love a good fall scent?! I'm glad it works really well for you! 

@quspork It's definitely one of my faves ๐Ÿ™‚ highly recommend giving it a shot if this sounds up your alley. 

@QueenMarceline ohh that pumpkin mask looks super interesting! I love pumpkin mask battles haha; the PTR one is still my fave, but I have never tried this one!

@Kim888 I actually haven't tried any PTR, but I've been eyeing them for a very long time. I might have to compare/contrast these sometime soon.

@QueenMarceline, pumpkin and honey sound like a good combination to me, and the scent on the mask sounds wonderful!

@itsfi It's definitely a good combo. Such a great and affordable mask.

@QueenMarceline Glad you found some skin products tha don't irritate your skin. Speaking of irritated...I had a sample of Drunk Elephant Mini A-Passioniโ„ข Retinol Cream 0.33 oz/ 10 mL and got some under my eyes just above my cheeks and it looks and feels like I have sunburn. I use retinol almost daily from the Inkey brand and it doesnt irrritate this part of my face...But oh man the DE is potent. I even applied sunscreen. I know not to apply directly under eyes but my upper cheeks took a hit. I will have to be careful of wha mask I use this week. Maybe a moisturizing one won't irritate?

@Mellmars1185 I remember trying the A-Passioni when it first came out courtesy of a gratis package from Team BIC, and I found it wasn't very easy on my skin as well.  I just couldn't adjust to it... and I use a prescription Retinoid and am religious about using a SPF over 50 daily.  I believe @eshoe tried it as well?  Do you have a mask that features Ceramides?  I find they help when my skin barrier is buggered up.

@missjeanie yes I received that as gratis as well @Mellmars1185. I followed a very strict and careful regimen for weeks. In the end, even though my skin had a slightly smoother appearance overall, it also seemed to enlarge my pores. Due to that, after weeks of use I ended up giving it to my sister. I am currently using Shani Darden Skin Care Retinol Reformยฎ Treatment Serum 1 oz / 30 mL and on week two of twice a week. So far so good, maybe the DE is just very, very powerful-too powerful for my skin, anyway ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@eshoe I did try a deluxe sample of the Shani Darden Skin Care Mini Retinol Reformยฎ 0.3 oz/ 10 mL and my skin had a better reaction. Thanks for the info!

@missjeanie Thank you so much for the feedback! I actually just put on this maskto try and bring some moisture back and calm my skin down. I don't see any ingredients listed as ceramides? Sorry the picturw quality isn't great. Maybe it is because I am posting from my phone?

20220204_184947.jpg

โ€ƒ

20220204_195135.jpg

โ€ƒ

mmmmmm avocado @Mellmars1185 How does it feel for you?  Sometimes it just takes a bit of time and patience.  And oils lol.  That may just be me and my dry skin though, I often find layering on some oil feels nice. 

@missjeanie Honestly it felt so nice and I think it is just what my skin needed. My skin still feels hydrated from the mask 2 hours ago. I am going to put some oils on, a sleeping hydrating mask and some moisturizer before bed. Hopefully this will help my skin recover.

21,367 Replies
testing