Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Hello March โ˜˜๏ธ ๐ŸŒˆ, moving right along in 2021!

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Most Artistic Sheet Mask ๐ŸŽจ Thank you to the wonderful @Kim888 for this weekโ€™s theme!

Letter of the Week:  J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

The green was a fun little surprise, @WinglessOne

@quspork  A fun green mask with pretty packaging sure makes a nice touch! Glad at least the mask turned out great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I looked like an alien with the mask on, @Shosh85 but the mask itself seemed worth it!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

My masking from last night. I'm not using this Cryo mask for the multi step theme since it only has two steps, but I'm using it for I = Irritating. Irritating not because the rubber mask was a pain to keep in place on my face, but because this sadly irritated my skin โ˜น๏ธ These Dr. Jart masks have great reviews so I was excited to try. My cheeks and chin were red and I could feel it after 15 minutes. I couldn't leave this mask on for the 30-40 minutes it said to.

My go-to mask for when this happens is the First Aid Beauty FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask 3.4 oz/ 96.4 g . R for Relief and Rescue. Soothes and calms redness almost instantly for me. I use a generous amount and leave it for 15 minutes then massage into my skin before bed. My skin is back to normal this morning.

Oh no, that's too bad about the Dr. Jart+ mask, @ladyassassin!! I've only tried the older formulations, but I'll be wary now of this yellow brightening one. I do love the FAB mask, it is excellent!! 

I have a DS of the FAB, and agree, itโ€™s a nice calming mask @ladyassassin. Thankfully you had it on hand to help ease the results of the Dr. Jart!

@ladyassassin I really don't care for those Dr jart masks personally, sorry it was so irritating

@ladyassassin  It's too bad you experienced irritation, but I'm glad the FAB mask could help out! I've heard the scent on the FAB isn't the greatest - I'm curious, what do you think it smells like?

@Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe th...

@Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe the smell, which I think is very faint and not a bad smell at all. Almost smells a bit minty in the tube, but disappears when applied to the skin. Hard to describe what that smell is though ๐Ÿ˜œ

Re: @Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe th...

@ladyassassin  Good to know! Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Re: @Shosh85 that's a good question! It's hard to describe th...

@Shosh85 agreeing with @ladyassassin here. I am very sensitive to scents, and I find that this mask has almost no scent and what it does have, it isn't too irritating/overpowering/bad.

That's a shame the Dr. Jart didn't agree with your skin, @ladyassassin. Glad to hear the FAB mask helped with that though. 

Oh no @ladyassassin! I am so sorry to hear the mask irritated your skin. Ugh ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. Good you had that FAB mask on hand - Iโ€™ve heard good things about it! 

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

I for I'm Sorry for my skin & ice cream Fit? finally! some extra room for the eyes but not wide enough for my mouth. luckily, I just grabbed on both sides & stretched. the mask was thin enough that it worked perfectly. but not before some jelly started creeping in my mouth๐Ÿ˜ Smell? not ice cream sadly. typical mask sheet Consistency?I put this stuff everywhere! they give you so much. But jelly that would ooze its way into your mouth Ease of use? I couldn't eat/drink anything even after stretching the mask. Sorry @itsfi no ice cream during masking. but I did have some Oreo ice cream earlier! I could still multi task but would have to press the mask back up around my chin area. it kept falling down throughout the 25 min I had this mask on.. Would I  purchase/try again?not sure if it did anything for my pores but it also promised to moisturize & that it did. ๐Ÿ˜ with enough tack for me to skip my night moisturizer. overall a good experience. ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿจ

I'm eating ice cream while reading mmm... the package looks good too. Glad to hear the mask was nice and moisturizing @sonnydee - the brand is definitely intriguing me.

Most mask packaging makes me what to buy it, @sonnydee. This is sending all kinds of weird messages...ice cream and jelly though๐Ÿ˜œ At least it gave your skin some โค๏ธ!

Such high hopes for chocolate ice cream scents!! @sonnydee 

@sonnydee  I've picked up a few different varieties from this line and so far I've only tried one, but it was seriously loaded with thick jelly serum - I loved it! A sweet scent would've been nice, but regular ol' sheet mask smell isn't so bad either! Glad to hear it was a good experience! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@sonnydee ooh an ice cream mask! Would have been neat if it did smell like some flavor of ice cream. Sounds like a good mask overall.

@sonnydee, Iโ€™m good with ice cream before masking, and even after. Ooooh, Oreo ice cream? Excellent choice. ๐Ÿ˜‹ It can get messy if you do it during. So long as thereโ€™s ice cream in the day. ๐Ÿ˜† Love that this is so moisturizing. Too bad it didnโ€™t have any results on pores - I hadnโ€™t even realized that was one of its claims (even though itโ€™s clearly written on the packaging ๐Ÿ˜‚) - I guess I was too distracted by the illustration of the ice cream. ๐Ÿจ Speaking of which, itโ€™s probably not okay to have ice cream for breakfast, is it? ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Don't ask me, my breakfast was almost a piece of cherry pie. But I settled with a hot fudge sundae poptart. ๐Ÿ˜‚@itsfi 

8,447 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1,490
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg