Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@missjeanie, you know I would looooove it if they included a snail in their sheet mask lineup. ๐ŸŒ I hope it would be one of their better performers. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Snail mucin is included in their collagen sheet mask and they apparently have (or maybe it's "had" since things get discontinued...) an overnight mask spotlighting the snail. @Shosh85, have you tried The Creme Shop snail sleeping mask? 

I'm super excited to see your alliteration of masks. I have a weekly one for beauty products but there are some that are stronger than others. You are doing excellent work going through your masks missjeanie! Super proud of you and excited to hear about your masking adventures this month.

@itsfi The collagen one was in a pale green package with a needle on the front right?  I remember liking that one, it had salmon roe in it as well I think?  

Yes, that's the one @missjeanie@Shosh85 posted the INCI list for it a few posts below ๐Ÿ‘‡ and there's a lot of good ingredients on that list. 

Photo from thecremeshop (dot) comPhoto from thecremeshop (dot) com

@itsfi Yes!! This was the one I was picturing. Loved this one! 

Awww! You are the perfect tiger! grrrrrrrr!!!!  @itsfi 
The Dr. Jart does look like a fantastic winter mask! 

Ahhhh shucks @PrettyPaint; thank you! ๐Ÿ˜Š Oh my goodness, I know that cold here where I live is nothing compared to the rest of the world or even the US, but my word, it has been an uncharacteristically c-c-c-cold winter. I've always liked cream based masks in the cooler months but I've really been relying on them this winter. 

@itsfi  Aww you make such a cute tiger!  I love the hoodie too!  

Aww, thanks @heartsmyface! ๐Ÿค— Hoodies of all shapes and sizes have become quite the "go to" for me this winter - it's the closest thing I can get to cloaking myself in my electric blanket without actually having my electric blanket over me at all times. Hahaha! 

@itsfi Aw what a cute Tiger! 

@Mellmars1185, thank you! The animation is super cute and makes it a lot of fun to use. I also love the results from the mask - it's one of my favorite cica sheet masks.

@itsfi  Awe, you make such a cute tiger! This one is definitely in my top favorites for Crรจme Shop masks - it's for sure my most favorite of the character masks. My two other top favorite masks from the brand are 

The Creme Shop Correct Solutions Color-Correcting Orange Sheet Mask and the Collagen Mask - have you tried either of those?

@Shosh85, I was so bummed when the entire TCS color correcting line was discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜– Not all of the sheet masks in that line worked for me, but there were not any similar functioning sheet masks in TCS collection. I thought they could have phased out some of their other masks instead of that line and instead of their photoshopped line. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ  Is the collagen sheet mask the one with the syringe on it? If so, I have tried it - courtesy of you - and loved it. It was one of the first collagen-centered sheet masks that I tried. 

@itsfi  Oh, I forgot about the Photoshopped line! I don't have any notes on the one I tried, but I remember really liking it ๐Ÿ™‚

Yup, the Collagen mask package has a syringe on it. I love the unique ingredients it has ๐Ÿ‘‡ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1F4D5A1E-9870-482C-B693-85E79065468C.jpeg

@Shosh85 @itsfi @@Hes, lovรฉ lovรฉ lovรฉ this mask!! I wonder if I have any left? Hmmmm. 

@Shosh85,that INCI list is beautiful! So many of my favorite things all wrapped in one pretty little sheet mask! ๐Ÿ’–

This one works for both themes - 

111 Skin Rose Gold Brightening Facial Treatment Mask  

A big thank you to the lovely @haleyvvvv for gifting me this one! I really appreciate the opportunity to try it!

F0D877DB-F254-4F01-ACDF-7BAC949A9682.jpeg

Spoiler

111 Skin Rose Gold Brightening Facial Treatment Mask

Material:

Pearly-peach colored, thin-medium hydrogel

Serum:

Thin but not runny

Scent:

Like a combination of fruity and rose - I thought it was pretty pleasant

Fit:

Just a smidge too long at the chin. There was a bit of slippage, but that's to be expected with hydrogels.

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

None

Results:

Super soft and smooth skin that was a little brighter and comfortably hydrated

Repurchase?

Hydrogels in general aren't my favorite mask material, but this is definitely one of the better ones! I loved the results and the scent was great as well. I would repurchase this one, but just wouldn't pay full retail price for them, as they are pretty spendy (around $32 a mask)

88728A64-B6FA-4A64-B601-ACEA1D2B917C.jpeg

Glad you enjoyed it, @Shosh85!! ๐Ÿ’–

Fruity rose??? Yum @Shosh85 you know that will bring me in ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  Haha! Yup, the scent was really nice on this one! ๐Ÿ‘ƒ

@Shosh85, the scent on this mask is ahhhhhmazing! I remember being surprised by how much I loved the fragrance on it. โ™ฅ๏ธ๐ŸŒน The results were good as well. The fit and the price but mainly that price was what has kept me from repurchasing. I have nowhere fancy enough to go for this mask. I suppose thatโ€™s not stopped me before but โ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ 

@itsfi  I was super excited to be able try this one - due to the price, I never thought I would! The scent and results were definitely the best part about this one ๐Ÿ™‚

21,372 Replies
testing