Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  Oooh, preparing for a sheet mask haul is one of my most favorite things to do! Haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll be excited to see what you pick up when it comes time! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I hear you @Shosh85! I feel like I put more effort into planning for a sheet mask haul than for other things. lol. It's just so much more fun! ๐Ÿ˜‚  Planning on using my next sheet mask haul to try to figure out a good ratio between tried-and-true masks and new-to-me ones. ๐Ÿคž

@itsfi A suctioning face mask.... I mean.. I know you called it a filler mask... but now I feel the need to know! lol  I didn't know the Kiehls lip mask came in flavours!  I'll have to keep an eye out for a fun flavour once I'm done my boring plain one!

@missjeanie, it was all going so well and then ... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Definitely made for a memorable masking experience. You know I have to find out if it was just a one-off or if it's meant to do that. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Yes! In addition to the original and mango versions, the Kiehl's lip balm also comes in a mint flavor and a cranberry one. It took me forever to find that mango one in the nearby stores. I don't know if I feel a need to try the other flavors; I'm fine with the original and mango ones. 

@itsfi That's really so odd, but now I feel like you pretty much have to do the mango mask again ... We need to know if it was a one off now. 

You're right @missjeanie!! I cannot let my fellow maskers down. Challenge ... accepted!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

nph challenge accepted.gif

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Yum looks like some delicious masking @itsfi ! That mango mask sounds super weird - suctioning is such an odd result ! 

@Kim888, it was so odd. I've never had that happen before. Guess there's a first time for everything. ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi  I'm a sucker for good sheet masks and I'm running low on what I have on hand. I will definitely check these out. I have my eye on the blueberry one.

@AMK721, an upcoming sheet mask haul??!! ๐Ÿ› Is it weird that I'm so excited for you?! It's hard to narrow down what to pick up though - so many options out there and just one face to get through all of them. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ That line of Goodal sheet masks is a nice one - the raspberry one and the apple version have received good feedback here. Would love to see what masks you pick up! 

Since January and February both encompassed the letter this year, I figured it was the perfect time for the Etude House showdown. I've been wanting to do this for a while, so this was the perfect excuse. I hope someone finds it helpful and/or enjoyable! 

PXL_20220209_204739846.jpg

This line of Etude House masks is one that I've loved for years, all the way back to when it was the "I Need You" line. It was one of the first lines of sheet masks that I got into when I started masking, and even though it's been through several repackages and re-formulations, it's still a favorite. Because of how much I like the line, I had quite a few of these on hand but filled in a few gaps with some recent orders where I could find them over the last couple of months. Around the end 2021, Etude House repackaged the line (yet again) so if you're shopping for them now, they'll look slightly different. This isn't every flavor that's currently offered (the EH direct website also has Lemon, Honey, and Ceramide available. I know I've tried both the lemon and honey versions in the past, but can't recall the ceramide.) and there have been a lot of other flavors in previous formulations that are no longer available: Rice, Camellia, Blueberry, Calendula, Olive, others that I'm not remembering I'm sure!

But with what I could get my hands on, I spent the past few weeks comparing and enjoying these. It was interesting to see which ones that have been perennial favorites maybe didn't live up to some of the others that I hadn't purchased in a long time and which ones were new surprise favorites. In the past, my favorites from the line have include the Pearl, Artemisia, Snail and Green Tea. I was surprised by how much I really enjoyed a few of the fruit ones this time around. 

Here are the results (hopefully the chart is readable!)

EH_masks31024_1[1].jpgEH_masks31024_2[1].jpg

The stars by the mask name indicate that that particular mask was an overall favorite from the line this time. So that ended up being: Pomegranate, White Flowers, Artemisia, Strawberry, and Aloe. Anyway, this was a lot of fun and super interesting to see the differences-- like how was the fit so different on a couple of these?! I'd definitely be interested to re-visit this at another time and see if the "favorites" list changes yet again. I know a lot of you have tried a bunch of these as well, so I'd love to know which ones were hits (or misses) for you too! 

@quspork  There's something so satisfying about seeing a colorful collage of masks like this. ๐Ÿ˜

I love the chart you made! This really is a nice line of masks. I think my most favorite so far is the Snail and Ceramide one ๐Ÿ™‚

Both the snail and ceramide ones are good picks from the line, @Shosh85!

@quspork  Thank you for the thorough review. These look so interesting. I need to get back to masking soon. It's so calming for me.

I know what you mean, @AMK721. Sometimes I do multitask while I'm masking, but more often I try to take that 20 minutes or so and just try to relax a bit. 

@quspork  for sure, it's the perfect time to relax. Sometimes I have my hubby do a sheet mask with me and we just chill for a bit.

Such great info for masking newbies like me @quspork , thank you! 

I'm glad you like the comparison, @Sunnysmom! It's a great line to try out for anyone who hasn't tried any of these. 

Amazing chart!! @quspork thank you for showcasing all the varieties

Thanks, @lmaster! It was definitely a nice opportunity to compare across the line how different one performed. 

21,373 Replies
testing