Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster  Maybe ours were from a different batch? I remember smelling something nice and fruity, it was just suuuper light.

@Shosh85 I'm not sure but it was a fruity scent ๐Ÿคฃ

@missy94612  How fun is it that you have a masking partner?!?

@Mellmars1185 

It's really nice. Gives us some time together too. Sometimes I think he may be more into masking than I am. LOL. 

Another mask from last month - B for brightening. This was another one I found at TJ Maxx. It came in pack of 3 or 5.

brighetening mask.JPG

SHE SAID: Feels refreshing on the skin; love the thick gel serum - not so sure about the brightening aspect but it leaves my very dry skin moisturized and I will take all the moisturization I can get.

HE SAID: Too goopy and sticky for me. All yours, Babe! 

@missy94612 goopy!  yes!  That's exactly how I think of the jelly masks. Gotta be in a goop kinda mood.

Yeah these jelly masks can be rather goopy,, but definitely great for our skin  @missy94612 

@missy94612  Moisture this time of year is always a winner!!!

@missy94612, I love a good gel serum mask, especially in the cooler months. Looks like you'll have the rest of these masks to yourself. ๐Ÿ˜

This is an ideal candidate for popping in the fridge for a โ€œToo much fun in the sunโ€ summer day, @missy94612! Not surprised it wasnโ€™t a unanimous vote. The first time I tried a jelly mask (same brand, different flavor) I wasnโ€™t a fan, either. Now I am with you-give my skin all the ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’—โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe @missy94612 I agree on this one, great for a hot summer evening when you're feeling a little sun... hooped. 

@missy94612  I love a good thick jelly serum, but I can see why it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Glad it turned out great for you!

I'm very behind on posting, but since the beginning of the year, my husband and I have been trying to mask together once per week if our schedules sink up - usually one of a few clay masks we rotate in and out of, followed by a sheet mask and foot mask, and a TV show. I tried to get him to do a hand mask but he says being able to eat popcorn is more important to him. LOL.

7 day ariul avocado.JPG

This was one of the first sheet masks we used this year, for the numbers theme and A week - A for Ariul and avocado. The brand came on our radar when I think it was @Shosh85 who used a mask from this brand. I saw a 10-pack at TJ Maxx and picked it up.

HE SAID: I like it. Another travel mask for me. Now I have choices. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

SHE SAID: Soft, thin and comfortable to wear; the avocado mask helps moisturize my skin. My husband seems to really like it so I'm giving him the rest of the box for his business trips.

@missy94612 Oh I don't think I've seen the Avocado version for this mask line!  Sounds like a winner for sure. 

Ohhh this is a new one to me!! Looks and sounds fabulous @missy94612 

@missy94612  Also love travel masks! Good thing he loved it!

@missy94612, I love that you and your husband mask together, and I am loving your 'he said, she said' review set up - very creative. I think I will have some business travel in the not too distant future, will have to keep this one in mind when it comes time to packing.

I have to agree with your husband on the hand masks, @missy94612. Great on theory but they are so limiting when it comes to snacking! Another reason I enjoy two-part face masksโ€ฆI can remove the bottom half to enjoy some treats๐Ÿ˜„

@missy94612  Ha! I love the "he said, she said" categories! Happy to hear you both liked this one! I really enjoyed this whole line and love that they all have milky serum!

From last week, my Extraordinary Exfoliators (and their helpers!):

B0756BA5-68D2-4641-9AC1-175EA3658573.jpeg

Spoiler

The SEPHORA COLLECTION Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Scalp Scrub 6.76 oz/ 200 mL was gratis from last year and quickly became one of my favorite hair detoxes. Besides having a softer appley-scent than other ACV products I have used, it removes build-up so gently that my hair does not feel stripped after rinsing. I always follow up with a hair mask, this time it was the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!โ„ข Deep Conditioning Hair Mask #. Though this hair mask is on the lighter side for my personal preference, it still gets the job done. The Makeup Eraser Llama cloth was also a gratis, and something I love for  removing wash-off masks.

The StackedSkincare Dermaplaning Tool is a once-a-month physical exfoliator that I use and also make sure to follow up with plenty of hydration. In this case, it meant the Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 1.01 oz / 30 mL #. I have yet to try the SEPHORA COLLECTION Shave & Smooth Facial Razor and am curious if anyone here has, and their thoughts.

After dermaplaning, I used a hydrating mask and wore the #OOTD:

43D4D70A-AF8C-4085-ACD0-799A42D77438.jpeg

Spoiler
The Chantecaille Bio Lift is a repeat and while giving my skin some gentle moisturizing, it also contains a slight dusty-rose scent that I do not find particularly enjoyable. Thankfully it isnโ€™t too heavy, but it does not fade and remains noticeable throughout the masking. Thanks to how gentle it is, though, my skin felt softened after rinsing it and prepping for the sheet mask.

The #OOTD Collagen Supreme Mask is a vegan lyocell bamboo material and was rather easy to unfold. It had a slight sweet scent, maybe blackberry? It was yummy! There was an adequate amount of clear serum which was not at all drippy. The mask had a bubbly appearance and adhered smoothly to my skin. I left it on around 25 minutes, removed and found it left everything behind slightly plumped and very soothed. There was minimal tack as well; all in all, a refreshing mask and one I look forward to using again!

The second to the last step was the WLDKAT Starflower and Snow Mushroom Ultra-Hydrating Sleep Mask. This is a soft, bouncy sleeping mask that reminds me of Elmerโ€™s Glue, though my daughter identified it as sunscreen. It feels lighter-weight than most sleeping masks that I have tried, and unsurprisingly, found is was not enough to prevent my cheeks from feeling dry in the morning. As a result, I added the Biossance on top to ensure my skin was getting enough hydration to make it happy. Not bad, but not enough to make me want to replenish this little jar. Still, no irritation = no major complaints from me. 

The OOTD Collagen mask sounds Ahhhhhhhhmazing @eshoe !  Blackberry scented too.  Heck yes!

21,372 Replies
testing