Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@quspork  It was a great combo! 

Oh, that SF mask @ather ๐Ÿคฉ I think there are more than a few of us who are daydreaming about masking during the day๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe  I love day masking but I donโ€™t get to do it very often I find! 

@ather  That sounds nice and refreshing. I remember liking the R&R mask quite a bit when I tried it.

@PrettyPaint  It is so good! 

@ather fun in the sun!! Soak up those rays โ˜€๏ธ sounds like your skin was moisturized nicely

@lmaster  It was. I got a lot of sun! And I need all the moisture! 

Masking after a day in the sun always feels amazing @ather !

@Kim888  I agree! Best part! 

That R&R mask is my favorite mask from Summer Fridays @ather๐Ÿ’– Oooh, love a good collagen mask. I feel like I've seen a happy skin mask before but I can't place it. Hmmm... ๐Ÿค” Good name for a sheet mask brand. Is the mask itself blue like the illustration?

@itsfi  Yes I was doing R&R every Saturday morning and I feel out of my routine! I agree. What could go wrong with a company named happy skin! No it was just a normal white mask a little disappointing! It would have been cool of it was printed that blue like the packaging! 

Ahhh!! Iโ€™m inspired and impressed with your consistency @ather! ๐Ÿ˜ Completely get that we fall out of our routine from time to time. So awesome that you are getting back into it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

My skin has started its combo craziness and I need to get it back into a good routine for combatting hormonal acne, or probably just acne in general this time of the year. Your post has been a great reminder. Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

I am a little behind posting because I really wanted to give the foot mask time to work! 

IMG_0210.jpeg

โ€ƒMy husband and I did this mask 2 weeks ago today! Confession my husband loves peeling masks. We both left it on for the entire 60 minutes. I may have had mine on a tiny bit longer because I was putting my little guy to bed. It said in the instructions that you could put socks over it to get it a better fit. So I did. It made it a bit easier to walk around while wearing it. My husband chose not to. He just sat and enjoyed watching a little tv! My feet are finished peeling today and I did get a good amount of peeling from this mask. I would say my feet did peel more then his. Is that because of the socks? Maybe ๐Ÿค” my feet feel like baby soft. I would definitely do this mask again. I do have to say that I have had more intense peeling masks before and I think this one sits in the middle. I actually think I like this peeling volume. With the more intense peeling ones it gets almost uncomfortable when your feet feel tight and itchy. So this one definitely ranks 10/10 for me. Did the job and not uncomfortable! 

IMG_0152.jpeg

โ€ƒThis was my next one. I really enjoyed it. The claim is firming. I find itโ€™s hard to feel much firming in a mask but I did enjoy it! 

IMG_0222.jpeg

โ€ƒI do love my snail masks. And this one said calming and hydrating which it totally checked off all those boxes! I had a bit of a reaction on my face before applying it and it calmed my reaction! I also did it after a hot day in the sun and gardening and it felt so good! It left my skin feeling fresh! 10/10

@ather I really like the packaging on the wedding dress and snail masks. It sounds like they performed well too! 

@PrettyPaint  I agree!

Love hearing you used some fabulous masks @ather! Whatโ€™s the most intense foot peel mask youโ€™ve used? ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 

@ather  @itsfi  I was going to ask the same thing about the most intense foot mask because I haven't used one quite intense enough...

@PrettyPaint @itsfi  I found the more intense one! I got it off Amazon but Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s around! 

IMG_0297.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@PrettyPaint, this seems to be available on amazon except for the US site. ๐Ÿ˜‚ We should not be surprised by this. That's so cool that it takes just 15 minutes @ather, and that it comes with 4 pairs of masks! ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 

@itsfi  Oh weird. I wonder if I can still get it on the Canadian site! I think it was 4 socks and not 4 actual pairs. I remember thinking the same thing when I got them! 

@itsfi  Iโ€™ll have to look through my notes! But I think I had ordered it on Amazon! 

21,372 Replies
testing