Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather I'm extremely pleased with this mask!! I'll be looking more into this brand for sure

@lmaster  If my mind serves me right I also tried a turmeric bubble mask from this line. 

C302B801-B287-4F93-A00C-42B882DDC8F2.jpeg

โ€ƒtook me a bit to find it ๐Ÿคฃ

@ather I would absolutely love to try a Bubble mask from the brand!! Ohhhhh yeah

@lmaster  I remember loving it. Iโ€™ll have to keep my eyes open to find it again

Sounds like a winner @lmaster!  I like Tumeric. Itโ€™s in a face oil I am using.  Good to find a mask containing it. 

Ohhhh what face oil is it?? @Cissy63 

WOW, @lmaster - what an absolute delight to find something that unexpectedly soothes your skin! Turmeric is something my skin enjoys, too. Have you tried the KORA Organics Turmeric Glow Brightening Refillable Moisturizer? I have been working on a DS and it is great for dry/normal skin. It has a noticeable scent that reminds me of turmeric, too ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

I have not tried that, but I'll keep it in my loves list for when I get through more products!! @eshoe thanks for the rec!!

@lmaster Looks interesting ๐Ÿ™‚ I've been hesitant to try turmeric masks because I heard they can be "spicy" on the face and have had the misfortune of experiencing it once during a facial (I'm pretty certain the product was from Eminence and was a "traditional" product, not a sheet mask. Although I'm not 100% sure what the product was.) This makes me a bit more relaxed, maybe a sheet mask is the best way to give turmeric another go. ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline I can understand why you would be cautious!! There was absolutely no tingling or heat in any way from this sheet

Sounds great @lmaster ! Always good to find a winner!

@Kim888

My cheeks were perfectly fine after using this, you would of never known

Sounds great, @lmaster! I'm glad your skin was feeling good after using this one. 

My cheeks can be finicky sometimes, idk if it's allergies or stress, but this mask restored my skin and it was amazing @quspork 

Letters of the Month:  I - M

Mask: Sephora Collection Lotus Face Mask

L is for LOTUS ๐Ÿ™‚ Don't mind the glue residue, I got this in a larger Sephora mask kit and for whatever reason the masks were all "glued together" to make a nice "fan-like" shape... pulling them apart, not so much fun. I did this mask a few days ago but this was a really rough weekend for me (my dog was diagnosed with a gastro disease and we spent the majority of our weekend at the vets office trying to figure out what the problem was ๐Ÿ˜ž ) so I'll do a small rundown instead of my usual novel since I don't remember the nitty gritty details after that stressful whirlwind weekend. Added a picture of her in the spoiler since she technically spoiled this review lol ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG-3373.jpg

My Thoughts:

Spoiler
Nice faint smell, similar to the lotus eye mask (smells a bit like water lily and cantaloupe). Really liked the scent. 
High saturation on the mask. 
Wear time=?, I wore for about 35 minutes.
Fit was too small on the nose and mouth hole was too small as well. 
Nice calming effect while on. 
Hydrating and soft-skin effect after taking it off. 
Helped calm down some redness.
One of my favorite Sephora face masks from this "standard collection".
Might be discontinued? ๐Ÿ˜• This is my last one.

And as promised, here's a photo of my sweetie. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_0023.JPG

@QueenMarceline  Aww Iโ€™m so sorry to hear about your pup. I hope he feels better soon. I know the feeling my poor pup was in the vet this week also with bladder stones and kidney stones ๐Ÿ˜ญ this mask sounds great. I canโ€™t remember if Iโ€™ve tried it but I need to now!! Your pup is so sweet!

@ather She is doing much better, thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh no, I hope your pup is doing better too. It's always so difficult with pets when they get sick or aren't well because you feel so hopeless. 

I unfortunately think they discontinued this sephora collection mask, seems to be a common theme for the "hits" I find in their mask line hahaha. 

@QueenMarceline  Oh darn. I always seem to miss out on the good ones! 

@ather I know... the second I start liking the mask, it magically goes away.

@QueenMarceline  Stop loving them till I can try them out ๐Ÿคฃ

@QueenMarceline I hope your baby is doing better, she is adorable!

21,372 Replies
testing