Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe they are so good! I think I have two other flavors to try ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’“

Oh my!! vanilla.....๐Ÿง‡๐Ÿ˜‹ @lmaster 

Yes yes!!! @Skunk12puzzola it smells so good!!  

Ack! When to post about these masks?! I started this masking session during the week of @Aaliaa's women owned / female founded brands theme (with an extra tie-in that all these beauties are that there's some "w" sound associated with the products. ๐Ÿ˜‚) and finished with all the masks earlier this week and there are some masks that fit within @Kim888's vitamin theme.  

Female founded โ€œwhaโ€ sound.jpg

Spoiler
The Huangisoo Hellorganic 1-a-day Brightening Mask is almost a near perfect sheet mask for my face - woohoo! The clear, thin, ever so slightly viscous liquid saturates the sheet without drenching it with the lightly perfumed scented serum. The mask feels cooling on the skin and after about an half hour, my skin is left feeling hydrated, soft and smooth. There's also a brightness to my complexion that was  not there before I mask, though it's temporary. I wouldn't say it was the brightest my skin has looked after a face mask, but it gave me that fresh faced, wide eyed, I've gotten sleep and drink a lot of water brightness to it, and these days, I will take that however I can get it. lol. Peach and lime are the star ingredients in this mask and are partially responsible I suspect for the brightening effects from the mask - peaches contain vitamin A, B-complex vitamins, and vitamin C; and limes are high in vitamins C and B6. Overall, this is a nice to have mask, but not necessarily a must have one.

The Wander Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks (doesn't seem like the gold ones are available on Sephora, only the rose gold ones) are fine; handy for travel as they are individually packaged. I like that these patches are slightly oversized and cover the parts of my undereye and upper cheeks that are more prone to dryness. These make a nice treat to use in the mornings to add a little more hydration to those drier areas or to use under a sheet mask for a little extra oomph. I'd use these happily if I had them, but there are other similar eye masks that land higher up on my repurchase list.

OUAI Treatment Mask for Fine and Medium Hair 8 oz/ 236 mL was one of the foils from @missjeanie's mini March madness challenge. It has a good consistency to it -not too thick, not too runny. A little goes a long way and leaves my hair soft, shiny, hydrated and nourished, without feeling weighed down, a plus for someone with fine hair. I was expecting / hoping for the Oaui rose scent but I didn't really detect any fragrance from it. In any event, this is a nice hair mask, and if I didn't already have such a healthy stock of hair masks, this is one I would consider purchasing. 

Glow Recipe Glow Lip Pop Lip Balm Watermelon has grown on me. I initially thought it was just okay. While I wouldn't say this is a must have or HG for me, I am fond of it. It does contain watermelon extract after all - watermelon contains vitamins A, B6 and C. The scent on this one is, of course, fabulous - the signature watermelon Jolly Rancher scent of the products from this line never gets tiring. The results are pretty good too - although it's not super scrubby as far as exfoliation goes, it gives a nice level of hydration and moisture well suited for daytime use.

I've talked / raved about WldKat Starflower + Snow Mushroom Sleep Mask  on here before so I'll keep this short and brief - it's on my list to repurchase once I make a little more of a dent in my supply of sleeping masks. The bouncy texture is fun but it's the results that make me and my dry skin happy - my skin feels hydrated upon application and looks glowy and moisturized the next morning

@itsfi 

More Glow Recipe watermelon things - I love it. Got a sample with a Ulta gwp for that Wldkat sleeping mask - it's nice. The texture is really different; the results are good.

@nuinui933, the GR watermelon line has definitely expanded quite a bit over the years. Glad to hear that the Wldkat sleeping mask is one you like. It definitely does have a unique bouncy consistency to it. 

@itsfi I do really like those masks, I'm wondering if this is the one that was too perfumy for my liking

@lmaster, these are good, solid masks. I could see how this might be too perfume-y for some. I found it to be light compared to some of the other perfume scented sheet masks I've used, but it was noticeable. 

OK, had to go add the WLDKAT mask to my Ulta list for the next time they offer a coupon or when I "need" a new sleeping mask, whichever comes first. ๐Ÿ˜‚ @itsfi 

@quspork, every so often, I'll see Ulta include a DS of the Wldkat sleeping mask in a gwp promo, when there's a skincare variety set or a clean beauty variety sampler kit. That may be a way to pick up the sleeping mask when you have other things you are planning to purchase. 

Great reviews thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ @itsfi 

@Cissy63, thank you! These were lovely products to use in a masking session. I had forgotten I had some of these so it was nice to use them. 

Hmmm, I suspect there are more than a few here with photo albums full of masking sessions, @itsfi!  The Wander Beauty masks are a treat, yes. I have never seen this type of eye patch in jar form, like the hydrogels; it seems like that might be a more economical/sustainable way to offer them.

I just finished a DS of the same Ouai hair mask, although mine had a prominent Melrose scent. I also have a DS of one for thick hair to check, now I am curious to see how scented that one will be ๐Ÿค” 

@eshoe, lol. I initially took your reference to "photo albums" to the physical ones before realizing otherwise since I don't keep them on my phone in an album. It seems that some of the material for certain eye gels might make it challenging to produce them in the containers that we see for hydrogels. Yeah, scent varies from samples / products. We've seen that before. I personally wouldn't have minded the "prominent Melrose scent" in your DS of the Ouai hair mask, but it feels like it's better that it was unscented than for it to have an awful scent.

Oh wow that sheet mask sounds amazing @itsfi - agree anything that Makes me look more awake is always good 

@Kim888, oh, I agree! Looking awake is half the battle some days. ๐Ÿคฃ I have enjoyed her masks in this line; her other one was more hit and miss, but the ones in this 1-a-day series that I've tried have been pretty good. 

Multi step mask

IMG_20220325_193157439.jpg

โ€ƒ

IMG_20220325_193206408.jpg

• You open the package and pull out another smaller package inside
  • Then you add the smaller package ( bubble peeling solution) to the round exfoliation pad and squish it all together until bubbles start to form
  • You take the round pad out and massage your skin for 1 minute
  • It instructs you to turn the pad around to the soft side and press in the solution
  • Finally you rinse and voila soft smooth skin!
  • I enjoy this one greatlyIMG_20220325_193209743.jpg

โ€ƒ

This sounds good @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜€

It really is, if your in need of exfoliation @Cissy63 

Another Wish Formula win, @lmaster! Also, โ€˜squishโ€™ is a fun word โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe it is such a fun word ๐Ÿคฃ

21,373 Replies
testing