cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme:⏰ 5 Minute & Under Wonders

Letters of the Month: E - I

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@eshoe I don't think there has been. I tried to google it and all I saw was Ice Cream shop toys.  

They missed the boat on this one @Samtian

@eshoe Oh they definitely did!

Oh my goodness how adorable!! @Samtian truly sounds magical

@lmaster It was ok haha. That's the category I'm putting it in. 

@Samtian  The patten on this is so cute. Thanks for the fun fact. The only reason I knew that one is because of My Little Pony! πŸ™‚

@PrettyPaint Yep! I had known it but always forget things so when I was copying the stuff from their website I'm like I'll include that too! 

That is exactly what I was thinking, @PrettyPaint! I have watched more than my share of MLP, but just learned this today also.

7C26F86C-8541-4538-BDC8-647CE40F83B8.jpeg

 

@eshoe  Whoa, I don't think I knew the distinction between the alpha beta (though I must say that Princess Luna is one of my favorites). I'm kind of sad because my daughters aren't into MLP like they used to be. 

@PrettyPaint I am going through that process, too. Her toy bin hasn’t been touched and it’s time to donate/toss/keep. I think it is harder on me than her. 

Z is Zero

47781B24-5416-457F-B643-ECE28F4771F1.jpeg

Spoiler

Leaders Insolution Daily AC Zero Mask

Material:

Thin, meshy cotton

Serum:

Thin jelly. The mask was fully saturated, but there wasn't much extra in the pouch

Scent:

Tea tree. Not strong or overpowering - just caught whiffs here and there while the mask was on

Fit:

Just a little long at the chin

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

None

Results:

Soft and smooth, lightly hydrated skin

Repurchase?

Probably not. It had nice results, just nothing too impressive - basically a filler mask and I have enough of those πŸ˜‰

82AA22B6-71D9-4E31-80D7-7C033E8BDAC8.jpeg

  

"basically a filler mask and I have enough of those" hahaha! Truth @Shosh85πŸ™ŒπŸ˜‚ I wonder what we would have thought about a filler mask like this one when we first started out masking (and before we had any category in our minds for filler masks. πŸ˜‰

I don't think I've tried this series of masks; didn't even realize that Leaders had these until your post. The sound of a not overpowering tea tree scent (and the jelly serum on this one) make my ears and eyes perk up - "regular strength" tea tree scent can be too much for me, but I'm sure with all the masks we've tried, there's a better one out there with similar attributes.

By the way, FYI, it looks like Leaders no longer carries / makes the pina colada sheet mask that you like. Ugh. I'd say stock up if you can find it, but I'm thinking you may not necessarily be looking to grow your mask collection at the moment.  

@itsfi  Of COURSE they’d discontinue my favorite Leaders mask! ☹️

Isn’t that always the way @Shosh85?! Grrr! 😠 I also saw that Etude House seems to have redesigned the packaging of its 0.2mm line, and it looks like there are some β€œflavors” that are not part of the line with this new design overhaul. Most of the ones I like best are part of this new edition but it looks like the oil based ones are no longer included in the 0.2 mm Air Therapy line. πŸ˜” 

@itsfi  Oh man! I hadn't noticed that! I'll have to go take a look and see if any of my favorites got cut! 😒

The scent sounds about the best part of this, @Shosh85. A tea tree that isn’t overpowering is quite pleasant!

@eshoe I really don’t mind a Tea Tree scent, but I still prefer it to be light πŸ˜‰

I hear you on that one, @Shosh85. I’ve used too strong tea tree masks and they lean turpentine😳 

I hear ya on the filler masks @Shosh85  πŸ˜†

@lmaster  Yup, I knew you guys would understand! πŸ˜‰

@Shosh85 

Tea tree can be a lot to take in so it's nice to hear this one was low key and only in spurts. Do you have a filler mask you like?

18,340 Replies
testing