cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

Week’s Theme: Mask 🀺 Duel  - share your matchups, and which one reigns supreme!

Letters of the Month: V - Z

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@Kim888  I agree. I find I bounce around so often I forget about great masks!

@ather I hope you get power back soon! Love this photo!

@Samtian  it wasn’t out to long thankfully. My son doesn’t do good with change so it freaked him out. 

@ather  All of this just sounds wonderful! That PTR mask is definitely one of my favorites and perfect for this time of year!

I had no idea SF's made a candle! Your description of it sounds lovely! 
The Sosoopl mask has been on my list ever since @eshoe reviewed it - I don't think I've ever tried a pear scented mask before! πŸπŸ˜‹

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and that your power is out, but I'm glad you were able to pamper yourself a little and makes the best out of the situation! Hope you feel better soon!

It is the first and only pear one I have tried, @Shosh85. I would happily try more, though! If I come across another I will let you knowπŸ˜„

@Shosh85  Yes it’s a perfect mask. Both were amazing actually. The SF candle is super nice. I believe it’s limited edition. What I like is it’s a slow burn so you can let it burn for a long period. I don’t like the ones that burn so fast. It’s such a waste. I actually really like SF products. 

You made great use of your day in @ather! Your photo is a portrait of self care and I hope you were able to get the R&R you so deserve! The scent on the SF candle sounds wonderful. 

@itsfi  Thank you!! I did sneak in some R&R and it was glorious until my little man realized I was home and found me and than it was a different kind of glorious but still good!!! (My husband was also home. Watching my little guy🀣)

Awwww!!! Good family time @ather! Hope you are feeling better.

Hey fellow maskers. I have received some excellent and helpful feedback regarding the masking challenge, and wanted to throw something out there for any additional input. 

I am thinking of streamlining it a bit. Maybe even to a β€˜Masks of the Month’ type challenge. Or keeping it as a mask of the week without the alphabet (like it was originally). I am open to changing it up to however best suits you!

@itsfi @Kim888 @quspork @lmaster @Shosh85 @missy94612 @faeriegirl @PrettyPaint @heartsmyface 

@Esho

Thanks for the tag! I've loved my time on this masking thread even though I am not on a lot; appreciate the effort put into the reviews - it's super helpful, and thank you to those who have taken the time to answer all (like ALL) my questions offline about  masks. I don't have as vast a collection of masks and everyone but they've all been great and a lot of that is because of your recommendations.

I'm up for anything but I'll likely still be more an audience member than a full-time participant.  We just moved and I'm home-schooling the oldest until the winter semester starts next year and then will be shuttling her around while trying to keep up with the youngest from being too curious about the new surroundings. πŸ€£  

@eshoe I have been hoooooorrrrible at masking all year.  I was literally in the woods with nothing to do but mask... and I still didn't.  And my skin is showing it.  I need to get back into the swing here!  That said.  Whatever works for you I'm sure... if you build it they will follow.  lol.  I look forward to what you come up with!

@missjeanie I am just glad to know that you are healthy and ok! I hope to see you more often, but any time at all is always a joy. You bring smiles to quite a few faces☺️

@eshoe  Thank you for the tag and for all your hard work. I really hope to start posting more frequently here again. I love the themes, but I do find the letters helpful as well for times when I just can't find a mask to fit the theme. I do like the idea of chunking the letters together perhaps for multiple weeks. I do plan to try to post here more frequently in the near future - it has just been a busy time. Thank you again for the tag! 

@PrettyPaint thank you for sharing! It has been quiet overall, I know I have not been posting as much, either. So much has changed over the past couple of years. I have grouped the letters together monthly and posted a tentative schedule above. I hope it helps us all on our masking journey next year☺️

@eshoe I agree with what everyone here is saying. Either monthly or weekly is fine by me! Like the others, I think the alphabet is helpful - even though I have a gazillion masks there are times when I still can't find one to fit the theme. I think the alphabet makes it easier for everyone to play along. πŸ˜ƒ
Thank so much, eshoe, for all your hard work and keeping this thread rolling! 😘

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts, @Shosh85. The more the merrier, so if it works to include it, I am all for it! Thank you for the kind words, too. Encouragement like that goes a long way☺️

Thanks for the tag, @eshoe! Like a few others have mentioned, I'm really fine with switching to monthly challenges or keeping weekly if that's what the group wants-- I'm flexible haha. I know my posting has been super infrequent the last couple of months but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things in the new year. I do like the idea of keeping the alphabet like some of our other lovely ladies mentioned since it can helpful to pull out a mask that may not fit the current theme but I can justify a letter somehow. 

Thank you for the feedback, @quspork. I assembled a tentative schedule based on what everyone has shared above. I haven’t been posting as much either this year, I understand! 

@eshoe I like the alphabet mixed in with the theme, that way it's easier to pick a mask in case you don't quite fit the actual theme, I tend to like the weekly masking too, but I'm not going to stop if you change it to monthly! ☺️ I'm in it for life πŸ˜‰ however you feel best to change it or not change it, I'm fully supportive

β€œI'm in it for life.β€œ

Ha ha @lmaster, I couldn’t have said it better myself! Everything here has quieted down over the past year, including me. I just want to do what I can to keep it moving forward. Thank you for your encouraging words, they mean so much to me πŸ€—

17,878 Replies
testing