Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Mellmars1185, it looks like TCS redesigned its packaging. I wonder if the ingredients are different from the older version. ๐Ÿค” Do you recall if there was a scent to this mask?

@itsfi There was a very light sweet scent to the serum. It was not noticeable when the mask was on. I have not seen the old packaging so I am not sure ๐Ÿค”

@Mellmars1185  

I love lemons. ๐Ÿ‹ So zesty!

Vitamin week 

Vitamin C in a Cranberry and Apple sheet mask 

Vitamasques Cranberry and Apple probiotic repair mask.

Itโ€™s a sheet mask that is โ€œmoisturizing and repairing and repairing โ€œ.   It has โ€œApple, Cranberry extract, vitamin C, multi peptides, prebiotics, probiotics and postbiotics.โ€

Itโ€™s a โ€œcleanโ€ and โ€œvegan โ€œ formula.

After cleansing my face I took out the sheet mask.  It was drenched in a white serum.  Very wet, but not so that it dripped all over.   It felt nice and cooling when applied.  I had to make a slit in the eye area to make it fit better around my eyes.    But otherwise it fit really well and stayed in place.

I left it on for 20 minutes as directed.   It was still very moist on removal.

There was still a lot of serum on my face.   More than I could pat in.   So I left it on to absorb on its own.   

My face was so soft and smooth afterwards.  It even looked brighter.  No sticky feeling when it was totally absorbed.  

I really liked the mask.   It had plenty of serum but not so much that it dripped down.   It fit my face except for the slits needed around the eyes.  On my face this is usually always needed.   A con would be that I needed to wait for all of the serum to be totally absorbed.  But after my face was soft, smooth and bright.

No ill effects after. No itching, blotches or general redness. 

I would repurchase this mask!

E4CEFD4C-AA8A-432B-B9BB-D18F8D254D24.jpeg

โ€ƒ

FCCC1581-DFAB-4998-A252-EB5B861093A8.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Cissy63 did it smell like apples?? 

@lmaster   I wish it had a light apple scent but it did not.

@Cissy63 

I love when skin looks brighter after a face mask. 

@nuinui933  Me too 

@Cissy63, this sounds so good! You have a couple of themes checked off with this one - vitamins and lots of P's with the pre- pro- and post- biotics and the peptides. Niiiiice! ๐Ÿ˜

I remember seeing it, along with some other seasonal masks, in a holiday set at Target. Kicking myself now for being good and not picking up any more masks then. I feel like there's a lesson there. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Did the mask have a fruity scent?

@itsfi  Actually I couldnโ€™t not pick up a scent (๐Ÿ™)

@Cissy63 Sounds like a nice masking experience. The packaging is so cute!

Yes it was quite elegant! @Mellmars1185 

@Cissy63  Oh I got a box of these in FFF!  Good to hear theyโ€™re decent!!  yeah Iโ€™m resolved to that sheet masks all fit better with a little surgery.  Does it smell like cranberry apple? 

@heartsmyface  Thatโ€™s where I purchased mine!  I wish it had a light fruit scent but it did not (โ˜น๏ธ)

@Cissy63 @I got this one from FFF and I thought it was nice as well !

Thanks @Kim888. Thatโ€™s where I purchased mine too!

M for moisture

M for moisturizing.jpg

NRL Moisture Cereal Mask is a medium thick, cellulose sheet mask saturated in a clean, fresh scented clear, slightly viscous liquid. It adheres nicely to the skin and requires minimum adjustment at the chin/jawline and the inner corners of the eye opening to fit my face size and shape. 30 minutes of wear can be easily had with the amount of essence held by the sheet. Thereโ€™s so much in fact that skin has a dewy layer of essence after the half hour, and even after being fully absorbed by the skin, thereโ€™s a tackiness that remains that borders on being sticky. This tack remains noticeable (though less so than before) even after applying moisturizer and the rest of oneโ€™s skincare routine, which as I look back on it, may actually be the result, in part, of the weather being significantly warmer (and more humid) than usual on the night I used this mask.

My skin felt moisturized after using it and the next morning, but not overly so - I feel like this might be one that could work for most skin types year-round. I have another one of these masks and plan to give it another try another time, when we're not experiencing the atypical heat wave we did. Just as an FYI: the brand NRL stands for Natural Recipe Lab, is a newer brand to the Kbeauty market (launched in 2019), with a philosophy of combining natural ingredients with modern technologies.

The "bowl of cereal" is a candle that smells deliciously of cinnamon when lit (see spoiler). 

Spoiler
M - moisturizing - cereal candle lit.jpg

@itsfi 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚This is the best. You're selling me on everything with this photo.

@erikarosenim, thank you. It was fun how everything came together. 

@itsfi Okay I am LOVING your set up here and that's probably one of the most unique masks I've ever seen. I love cellulose masks so I feel like I need to get my hands on this. Also, I need to know where you got that candle I'm literally obsessed. 

@QueenMarceline, thank you. I picked up the candle at a local boutique. The mask I want to say I was from an online AB store but Iโ€™m not sure which oneโ€ฆ ๐Ÿง 

21,373 Replies
testing