cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

34814C30-8453-4F11-B503-B8290A8D2FAB.gif

Welcome to the 2022 Mask of the Week Challenge! We love hearing about every masking experience, on or off-theme, and suggestions are always welcome.

Week’s Theme: Mask 🀺 Duel  - share your matchups, and which one reigns supreme!

Letters of the Month: V - Z

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge:
Current Thread (Archived Schedule Below)

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@eshoe - those sequins are fun! The ho-ho-ho is a great festive touch too - did you write it or is a sticker? 

Thank you, @eshores! it is actually an acrylic cutout, meant for a gift tag/packaging. I think it was a World Market find.

@eshoe, great choices for a pamper sesh! πŸ˜ That's too bad about the scent on the Eve Lom mask.

Agree about not waiting for a rainy day; easy to say, hard to do though - I have said that one of the best special occassions for masking is a day ending in "y". πŸ˜‰πŸ’–

Your special day categorizing is duly noted, @itsfi β˜ΊοΈ Better to make it a β€˜rainy day’ than an β€˜expired’ (mask) day!

Lovely! I got this Chantecaille mask recently but since it’s sealed I thought I’d wait a bit before opening. @eshoe 

@sister13 I am not as patient as you, apparently. I waited a day and was quite proud of myself πŸ˜‚

This definitely sounds like a luxurious masking sesh! @eshoe 

It sure felt like it, @lmaster! It is fun having one of these around this time of the yearπŸ‘πŸΌ

@eshoe  It's too bad this this Eve Lom mask didn't perform as well as the last one! I know I've owned some masks I felt the need to hoard! 

It happens too easily, doesn’t it, @Shosh85? I still hoard When but so far none have expired. So far! 

A mask for a little extra pampering . . . 

Hello Goodness, indeed!!! Chocolate ... mmmm....Hello Goodness, indeed!!! Chocolate ... mmmm....

Spoiler
First of all, let me get this out of the way … the Lovinah Chocolate Truffle Collagen Boosting Antioxidant Mask  smells amazing!!!! Uh - may - zing!! Chocolate goodness, indeed (how cute is the inside flap on the lid to the box?)! At least initially. There is a brief moment when I pick up an earthiness (likely from the mushroom extract) and then later, also briefly, a floralness to the fragrance, but both quickly evaporate, and then there’s the very welcome return to the delicious chocolate scent! It smells like chocolate cake batter as it first gets poured into a pan and placed in the oven. This yumminess lingers just so, wafting in and out every so often.

The dark chocolate hued cream mask applies smoothly onto the skin. I did pick up what might be cocoa nibs ever so sparingly scattered throughout, but they seemed to dissintegrate / melt into the creaminess of the mask as I massaged the product into the skin. The mask claims a host of skincare benefits - from detoxifying, nourishing and hydrating skin to reducing inflammation, boosting cell turnover and slowing down the skin’s aging process. The latter two seems like something that requires more than a single use to see any visible results so those will be addressed at a later date. I surprisingly didn’t have any redness this morning so I couldn’t speak to those claims in this instance. As for the other claims, well, I’m happy to say they were on point. After rinsing off the mask following 15 minutes of wear, my skin looked more clear, and felt soft, smooth, and hydrated with a bit of bounce to it.

The one small downside of this particular mask is that, unlike the royal jelly overnight mask from the brand, this one did not come with a spatula, at least mine did not include one. It's hardly a deal breaker for me as I have others I can use, including the one that accompanied the royal jelly mask. 

This mask really is "chocolate goodness"! πŸ’– I’ll be reaching for this one on a weekly basis, both for these great results and to get in a fix of chocolate-y goodness without the calories! πŸ˜

@itsfi - OMG chocolate? Does it taste like chocolate too? πŸ˜

@eshores, I didn’t put it to a taste test but will try to remember to do that the next time I reach for this one. 🍫 

@itsfi  

Chocolate?! My husband and I are in! He just said he's sure Santa has already put it in his sleigh. LOL.

Love this @missy94612! πŸ’– Your husband is such a good sport! Both of you will looooove this chocolate mask! Maybe Santa will toss in some actual chocolate too! πŸ«

@itsfi 

waynes-world-mike-myers.gif

 

@lmaster, I will not try to dissuade you! πŸ˜‚ 

Goooo girl, get all the masks! πŸ› It's an investment. πŸ˜‰

go shopping.gif

@lmaster 

LOL. 

@missy94612 @itsfi in it for life πŸ™ŒπŸ˜…

Mmmmmmm, chocolate cake batter in a mask, sounds like the perfect dessert @itsfi πŸ˜‹ What a great duo of masks you picked!

@eshoe, I had to resist the urge to bake a cake. πŸ«πŸ°πŸ˜‚ Not surprising; I often pair my masking with food of some sort - ice cream πŸ¨ a host of times - chocolate, strawberry, etc., cake πŸŽ‚ every so often, coffee β˜• whenever I can and tea πŸ΅, etc. This was a good mask; I've had good results from all the products I've tried from the brand so far. πŸ˜

17,878 Replies
testing