Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@quspork I know! There was not really a stand out, but I mean than in a good way-a bad stand out would not have been great๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe, I've always loved charts. At first, I thought nose strips when I read the brand's name. They do have cute names for their sheet masks.

Nu-Pore does sound like an apt name for those, @itsfi. Speaking of nose strips, I was reading a packet of Biorรฉ strips and noticed they are made in Japan. This lead to a little rabbit trail where I found their patent is set to expire next month. Reading through their patent, I found this term I had never heard;

Spoiler
Highly visual pores on facial skin surfaces are perceived, especially by women, to be a serious beauty problem. The conspicuous nature of this problem is caused by keratotic plugs formed within pores of the skin. Keratotic plugs are dead epidermal cells keratinized together with sebaceous matter and dirt. Absent proper treatment, not only will beauty suffer but also various dermatological problems may arise. Removal with detergents or with make-up removers (e.g. cold cream) have not provided adequate solution to the problem. Squeezing the skin in an attempt to remove keratotic plugs can lead to infections which can damage skin.

Visual aids are so helpful, especially when evaluating and comparing the same attributes in each mask๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜

@eshoe, yes, Biore is a popular brand in Japan, as is its parent company Kao. We mainly associate Biore with nose strips in the US (though theyโ€™ve introduced more skincare products, mainly cleansers), but they also make a lot of other products, including a great sunblock, well loved and popular in the AB space and by sunblock aficionados. @heartsmyface is a fan of their sunblock, and for good reason. 

Oh @itsfi that is valuable info, thank you! Although I am happy with my sunscreen, it never hurts to venture a bit here and there, just to test the waters ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@eshoe  Wow you did a lot of work! Thank you for doing this .  Lots of information!

Thank you, @Cissy63 - it isnโ€™t the most detailed, but it helped me answer the burning question: to repurchase, or not ๐Ÿค”

Hi @eshoe , that red tube is this product from sephora SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Strawberry ? do you like it? ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿค”

I do, @Skunk12puzzola - it has a little strawberry scent to it, too๐Ÿ˜‹ I would call it more of a lip oil rather than a mask, as it is pretty thin and wears quickly on me. But it is always pleasant to use!

Thanks @eshoe !! I saw that they also have a vanilla one!! yummy ๐Ÿ˜‹

Vanilla sounds absolutely yummy, @Skunk12puzzola - sweet, smoky, and everything in between โ˜บ๏ธ

Couple masks for Open Week

IMG_20220223_200605515.jpg

โ€ƒ

IMG_20220223_200611823.jpg

• @itsfi I was speaking to you a couple months ago about how those hydrogel masks, I felt didn't really absorb serum very well,,,, now I can completely take that back!!
  • This was a hydrogel/ biocellulose sheet that fit excellent!!
  • The serum was covered on the sheet
  • It was flexible without worrying about rips or tears
  • The sheet never turned dry or uncomfortable
  • The scent was light and fruity
  • This has to my favorite sheet of this material of all time!!
  • Excellent results, my skin was hydrated, felt so nourished, had a nice glow and moisturized!!

I will seek more from this brand!!IMG_20220414_193806434.jpg

• I had another from the brand, this one was thicker material, but extremely saturated and flexible
  • Fit was great
  • The sheet never dried out
  • Scent was light and sweet fruity
  • No lasting tackiness
  • Once again excellent results!! I didn't notice a glow or brightening with this one, but hydrated and moisturized skin is never a fail!!
  • I'm impressed with this brand, I'm very curious to see what else they have to offer

@lmaster   These sound wonderful with good results !!

@Cissy63 they both are 5 star masks!

@lmaster, this is good news on so many fronts! ๐Ÿค— Thrilled to hear that the hydrogels are performing better for you! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ Itโ€™s a let down when the serums are not absorbing well. 

Round Lab has been making quite a name for itself in the skincare space, especially the toner from the line that the first mask is part of. Itโ€™s fantastic to hear both these masks are winners for you. It made me super happy to hear that youโ€™ve found a favorite hydrogel mask - we go through so many masks and itโ€™s great that many perform well, but itโ€™s exceptionally rewarding when you find a sheet mask that is your favorite of a certain type - material, ingredient, etc. 

โ€œhydrated and moisturized skin is never a failโ€ - now that is the truth!! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi all the masks we've tried, these have thoroughly impressed me!! Glad to hear they are truly making a name in the industry,,, hopefully they won't get discontinued!!

Ahhhh Round Lab sounded familiar, @lmaster - I love their artwork!

It's very calming! @eshoe 

Yum - honey! 

Spoiler
First, I tried the new formulation on the Farmacy Honey Potion Plus Ceramide Hydration Mask . Everything is just slightly off of the original - the texture feels slightly less thick, the smell is slightly less like honey, and the warming factor gets slightly less warm. I do really like this mask, itโ€™s super hydrating, it itโ€™s just not quite as good as the original formula. If Iโ€™d never tried the original Iโ€™d probably say itโ€™s great, but itโ€™s just good with the comparison. 

1 day honey mask was super large, especially at the chin area. I think it was quite an odd claim that the mask would be so sheer as to absorb into the skin; itโ€™s just a standard sheet mask.  It didnโ€™t smell like honey. I felt like my pores looks slightly refined, but it was quite tacky. There are definitely better honey masks out there 

3B348FEE-CC99-4876-AA18-4242E44955E6.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888 

I hate when they make changes and ruin a good thing.

@Kim888 

THe original Farmacy honey is great. I'm bummed they changed the formula.

21,372 Replies
testing