Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@quspork, ha! We're on the same wavelength. I was wondering whether you've tried the new Laneige cherry blossom flavor. I saw it earlier on a couple of Asia based beauty online retailers, but I opted to pass on it. I'm making some progress on working my way through a couple of my lip balms / lip masks and am being highly selective with which ones I add to the mix. I think I'll stay that course. I know it's LE but I really have plenty of lip masks and plenty of Laneige lip masks in particular. Also, I saw that there is a cherry blossom version of the water sleeping mask that will be released in Asia at least. I'm wondering if it will be available here and if so, whether there might also be a set that comes out in the future with the two cherry blossom products, but maybe in smaller sizes. I'm not inclined to pick them up at the moment, but if they came in a smaller size as a set, I *might* entertain it. 

Oh yes, you are not missing out on the Alpyn lip mask, at least in my mind. Not sure if my expectations were set too high, but I felt like it missed the mark. I'll give it a few more tries but have a feeling it may be re-homed. I think that my skin is not made for the Alpyn Beauty line. All good. I have *a few* other products / brands that'll keep me busy. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I totally feel you about the new cherry blossom mask, @itsfi. I actually just went through and reorganized some of my beauty stuff for some spring cleaning and ... let's just say that I should NOT be purchasing any new lip masks for the foreseeable future LOL. 

Kudos to you for spring cleaning and reorganizing @quspork! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I glanced over at my bin and thereโ€™s a healthy number of lip balms. Thankfully, the vast majority are open and in use but yes, I completely understand what it means that new lip mask purchases โ€œshould notโ€ be happening. ๐Ÿคช  I can mostly keep to that for a period of time, at least I think I can (maybe Iโ€™m being overconfident with that),  but thereโ€™ll inevitably be one or two lip masks that will end up here before the year is over. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the detox mask @itsfi ! I agreeing targeting those kinds of masks to specific areas is really helpful !

@Kim888, I went to use it again this morning on lower T-zone and ack! the scent was more potent - definitely herbaceous still; I picked up an olive-y scent as well as something peppery and something very earthy. It is definitely going to be a spot / area treatment sort of mask. Have you used this one from Josh Rosebrook before? 

@itsfi I actually don't think I have used anything from the brand but I see it mentioned frequently so I have to add it to my list!

Sample of a sleeping maskโ€ฆ that I found deep in a drawer and was not expired! I liked it, not greasy, hydrating; kept until morning. Had a pleasant scent, refreshing. Um. If it still is in production I would consider purchasing it.

I used the vitalizer last night. I will try the pore tightening tonight.

I suppose it could have brightening qualities, felt like it could. My favorite aspects was the scent and feel and just the right amount of hydration.

9DFA8E5C-564F-4D7E-966D-9CE302B7F7B7.jpeg

โ€ƒ

49DAC110-20D5-4F39-9C2D-FB90C9D2D947.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Weetart yay for finding some lovely masks

It's always a nice surprise when you find something stashed away and then realize that it's still thankfully usable, @Weetart. It sounds like the vitalizer part worked out really nicely too! 

@Weetart interesting ! I havenโ€™t seen these before !

Hahaha! I can completely relate to finding products in the deep recesses of a drawer @Weetart! "Ohhh, what's this? How did this get here?" Awesome that it was not expired. ๐Ÿ™Œ It looks like it's available (in a jumbo-sized jar) through amazon. 

S is for Sweet and Strawberry 

IMG_20220418_130016429.jpg

• This was a gift from @Shosh85 
  • Oh the scent of banana runts is what hits me ๐Ÿคค
  • Fit was good 
  • Plenty of extra serum
  • No lasting tackiness
  • Nourished, soft, hydrated and moisturized skin
  • I love this delicious scented mask, and that would be enough for a major winIMG_20220430_211134550.jpg

• Here we have the strawberry version
  • I absolutely picked up a strawberry scent, it was light, but definitely there
  • Thicker gel serum with tons to use on other areas
  • Fit was excellent!!
  • I'm in love with this material of mask, it's like thicker yet extremely flexible, gauze/ mesh looking
  • Wear time was 20 minutes and I could of left it on for another good 20
  • These are absolutely worth trying and so fun!!
  • The hydration and moisturized skin are fabulous
  • A little tackiness after it absorbs, nothing I would call sticky though

@lmaster  

I wouldn't ever turn down waffles. Those masks sound good.

They are truly wonderful @nuinui933 

Both excellent choices, @lmaster. It's hard to go wrong with the Apieu banana mask and its lovely scent!

@quspork it is so delicious!! ๐Ÿคค

Love that banana mask @lmaster ! It smells so good !

@Kim888 it's fantastic!! B a n a n a s!! ๐ŸŒ

Excellent masking @lmaster! If only the gel serum in that Kocostar sheet masks were bottled ... ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi that's the truth!! These are so good!!

@lmaster I've been wanting to try those waffle masks, they look so interesting! ๐Ÿ™‚

21,373 Replies
testing