Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi sounds beautiful!! Have you tried the moisturizer yet??

@lmaster, itโ€™s one of the most gentle (but still effective) acid based mask that Iโ€™ve used. Oh my goodness lmaster, I tried the Bakuchiol cream the other day and itโ€™s wonderful! โ™ฅ๏ธ Where are you thinking it would work best in your rotation? Morning moisturizer? Nighttime? Both?

ETA: just saw on another thread you use this in the evening. I have a morning moisturizer I really like so Iโ€™d likely rotate this one into one of the evening moisturizers I reach for in the warmer seasons. 

Yep! It's my perfect nighttime moisturizer @itsfi I had to get that discovery set!! I figured if the moisturizer is this good,,,I have to try some other products too, and that discovery set is perfect!!!! ***** Open the gate right up for me ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster, enable-gate. Itโ€™s real. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

A54443A2-3923-414D-AC03-F9C4AAC0D884.gif

Itโ€™s a mutual enabling society around here 24/7! ๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ› Come one, come all! Membership available but not required. ๐Ÿ˜†  

Do you layer a serum before or an oil after the Ranavat Bakuchiol cream at night? 

The Ranavat discovery set is beautiful! ๐Ÿ˜ I loooove discovery kits, especially when it comes to skincare. โ™ฅ๏ธ Iโ€™m still working my way through it - learned my lessons over the years to go slow with new products and babying my skin. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Weโ€™ll have to compare notes. 

@itsfi I use lots of serums and rotate either a BHA or retinol and the looctaine serum, the moisturizer is my last step

@lmaster, ohhhh, that L'Occitane oil-in-serum is fantastic! It's one of a handful of skincare products that have been in my rotation for years; a definite HG. They've started selling refill pouches for it direct on the brand's site. 

@itsfi ohhhh thanks for the heads up!!! ๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿ’—

@itsfi those packaging are so fancy looking!! also, love the amber color of the product itself.

@Skunk12puzzola, the products I've used so far have been performing very well and look great too!

for Matrix and Styrax: 

EDBF774B-E0E7-4999-BB2B-64C5D8AD9528.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler

The ESPA Clarifying Clay Mask is one of the gentlest detox masks I have tried. It has a soft rose scent which is noticeable, but not overwhelming. It has a smooth consistency and remains pliable while wearing. Allergen alert, it has both coconut and soybean oil,  in addition to Styrax Tonkinensis Resin Extract - which INCI Decoder labels as โ€œicky.โ€

Spoiler

โ€œThe resin extract coming from a small, nice tree with white flowers living in South-East Asia. The resin has a nice sweet vanilla-like aroma (contains vanillin) and is used in perfumes as a fixative agent (it can help to slow down the evaporation of the other fragrant components making the scent more long lasting). It contains potential allergen components benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnamate, so it's best to avoid if you have sensitive skin.โ€

I use the SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Makeup Remover and Cleansing Brush # to remove clay masks, as it is extremely gentle and effective at quickly washing away the product. After misting and patting on toner, I reached for the SkinInc. Snail Matrix Essence Mask. It had a clean, fresh, almost berry scent that surprised me. I wasnโ€™t expecting that with a snail mask! The material was stretchy, which made the fit comfortable, forming to my face and adhering well to all part  I wore it around 20 minutes, removed and felt my skin. Maybe a slight tack remained, nothing major. This was a decent filler mask, one I would use again without hesitation.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
F1A2D470-E654-4BFC-A861-D4A88E13379E.jpeg

The Eminence Lemongrass Lip Balm is a repeat and while it has a lovely scent, it is rather waxy and after only a few months, a bit of a challenge to apply as it does not seem to transfer much product to my lips. I still like to use it as a base for a heavier/long-lasting lip mask at night, though.

@eshoe  The clay mask sounds wonderful!! And I like the idea of the SC brush to remove it.  I am going to try it!!  And appreciate the info on the INCI DECODER site.  I am now signed up for their monthly newsletter!!  I learn so much in our Community ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ.  

Ummmmโ€ฆI had no idea about their monthly newsletter, @Cissy63. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ  for the info!!

@eshoe  Oooo gentle detox mask! You had me at gentle!! I love that you use the SC cleansing brush to remove the mask. Such a great idea! Iโ€™m going to try that!

That brush is a wonderful little helper, @ather! Wash off masks rinse off so much easier in general with it. I used to use a Clairsonic (sp?) but even with the sensitive brush, it was too much for my skin. I just needed a slower method of rinsing I guess ๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe, my curiosity was piqued after reading your note about Styrax Tonkinensis Resin Extract being described as โ€œickyโ€ on INCI Decoder. I canโ€™t remember if theyโ€™ve always had an โ€œickyโ€ rating / comment but it definitely gets your attention. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I donโ€™t recall ever hearing about or seeing that ingredient until now. ๐Ÿค” I did some research on the INCI Decoder site as well as other sites and it seems as if that extract is used for its moisturizing and โ€œfragrancingโ€ properties. I imagine it is the latter characteristic that is primarily responsible for causing INCI Decoder to refer to the extract as โ€œickyโ€ - they included a note that those with sensitive skin should avoid that ingredient. 

@itsfi it was a read and a โ€œwait, did they just call it โ€˜ickyโ€™?โ€ re-read for me as well ๐Ÿ˜‚ It definitely made me pay closer attention to what I was seeing! 

The term โ€˜resinโ€™ made me think it was some sort of sap, which intrigued me as well as thinking it may be related to Tonka bean from the name. Not the case but still interesting.

@eshoe 

That is too bad about the lip balm; a lemongrass scent sounds lovely.

@missy94612 it seems like maybe just a little bit of tweaking might build a better formula, but that is only an opinion and maybe it is just perfect for what is needed. I just enjoy the product and wish I could transfer more into my lips ๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe oh great idea using the SC brush to remove clay masks!! I'll have to try that

@lmaster it just uproots everything to make the makeup eraser part a breeze. Clay masks are tough and it helps alleviate the pain ๐Ÿ˜†

This mask was given to me by the amazing @eshoe

it was covered in a clear serum and it never dried down at all. It fit my face really well and left my face feeling pure and glowing. I would definitely use this again!! Thanks @eshoe  for sharing this great mask. And like her note says good for skin!!

79D27124-7160-446F-9E34-D773236395F3.jpeg

โ€ƒ

21,372 Replies
testing