Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

Ouch @quspork! That sounds awful. 😞 So sorry to hear about your reaction. Agree with @missjeanie, you ladies do an excellent job enabling and steering me away from subpar products! πŸ€— @Shosh85 

@quspork This is another reason why I love BIC.  I think you guys just saved me a bit of coin.  I'll save it to put towards something that gets better reviews.  I can't believe how much of a difference there was between all three when they're from the same line.  So odd. 

@itsfi @missjeanie I did just recently buy some of these! I got the Grape Honey Lip Essence, Mango Honey Lip Mask and Coconut Honey Lip Cream. Out of those three the Grape Essence is my favorite, which is basically just a thin lip gloss - but smells/tastes great, feels moisturizing, smooth and is non-sticky. The Mango Mask is my second favorite. It smells/tastes great too, but the consistency is a little strange to me - kinda thick and waxy, and has a sort of slippery feel which kind of makes it feel like its just sitting on top of my lips. I haven't put it to the test overnight yet, so I'll be interested to try that out.  The Coconut Cream also has a weird consistency - it is sort of hard to spread around on my lips and doesn't seem to really do much of anything. I did a little comparison of the three Frudia lippies with the Sephora Collection Sleeping Lip mask and the Laneige Lip mask, to give you a better idea of the consistencies/textures.

Spoiler
IMG_2677.jpg

Wow the Frudia Coconut looks...interesting @Shosh85. love this comparison!!

@eshoe  Yeah, I was pretty unimpressed with that coconut lippie!.... haven't experienced a consistency quite like it before 😐

@Shosh85 This is the review I needed.  I can't believe how different all three are in texture!  I think if they aren't life shattering I'll pause on them.  At least until my next order when I see the pretty packaging and contemplate again lol

@missjeanie  I don't think they're life shattering!  The Grape Essence is the only one I'd repurchase out of the three. I've just tossed the coconut one, and I'm still sort of evaluating the Mango one πŸ˜‰ 

Ah! The photo comparison is great @Shosh85! Very helpful! Thank you!!! πŸ€—

@itsfi  Love the theme! πŸ₯‘ Glad you're liking the hair mask! I've liked all the Garnier masks, but the papaya one is probably my most favorite πŸ˜‰ Happy to hear you enjoyed this trio!  πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, thank you, thank you for introducing me to these hair masks. They're great period. Not just "good for the price", but good period! Ohhh, the papaya one is so nice. Smells so good too! Do you like the papaya one over the new watermelon hair mask?

Hair masks are the next group of masks that I plan to work through. Once I've made a dent in that group, I will pick up the big size of the papaya one and maybe one more from this line, though not sure yet which one. It'll be a while before that will happen though. πŸ˜‚ I stocked up on several Amika Triple Rx mask when they were at TJMaxx / Marshalls and those are going to take me a looooong time to get through. Hahaha! 

@itsfi  I really like both of those hair masks, but if I had to choose, it'd definitely be the Papaya one. They both smell fantastic, I just prefer the papaya scent over the watermelon scent. I've only tried the watermelon one once, but as far as I could tell the results were the same. 
Good job stocking up on Amika! I just started on my last big jar of it πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, for the longest time, none of the TJMaxx and Marshall's stores carried that amika mask, then one day, it was like someone found a bunch of stock in the back that had been sitting there because a shelf long supply. Hahaha! Do you have a preference between the amika and the Garnier? Or do you have an all time  favorite hair mask? C'mon, we both knew I would eventually ask that last one. πŸ˜‰

@itsfi  Honestly, between Garnier Papaya and Amika Triple RX, it's an even tie for me and both are in constant rotation. They both have great results, but I think the Amika gives a little better results. The Papaya one smells better to me, and is cheaper. I really like the original Briogeo, but it's been awhile since I've tried it, so I'm not sure where it'd be in my ranking. I would have to say my all time favorite hair mask is the Briogeo Honey!.... and yes, I totally agree, they need to make this one permanent! 🐻🍯

@missjeanie 

@Shosh85, I would not have any complaints if Briogeo decided to make the honey bear hair mask (I'm sure that's not its actual name but you know what I mean) part of the permanent range. Ohhh, how wonderful would that be?!! Maybe they could also introduce a shampoo and conditioner with honey in it? Oooouuuhhh!! @missjeanie 

I just grabbed the Briogio S&C and I would have LOVED to have had a honey bear option!  I've got to think that after the success of the Honey Bear mask they'd have someone working on a whole line @itsfi ???

Right @missjeanie?!!! I just think a honey shampoo and conditioner would be an excellent choice for the brand; the mask has already performed well. We cannot be the only ones who consider a honey shampoo and conditioner to be a winning next product!! I guess we will just have to wait patiently, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels that the honey bear hair mask should have siblings added to the family in the form of shampoo and conditioner. πŸ˜‰

@itsfi @Shosh85 You guys I just broke into my last jar of the Amika yesterday!  I miss TJ Maxx!!!! lol  I was just trying to contemplate today if I should be looking at picking up another hair mask before next sale.  I assume I won't get to a TJ's this year, but a Winners will likely be possible this summer!  Do you guys like the regular Briogio?  I wasn't huge on the Fructis ones I tried, but maybe I'll need to look into testing some more.  

@missjeanie, at first I read your post as "I just broke...my last jar of the Amika" and not "broke into" and there was a deep intake of breath and an "oh nooo!" Then I reread it and was quite relieved...well, more relieved than when I thought your last jar fell apart. 

I'm a big fan of the original Briogeo. From that brand, my favorite is the LE honey bear one (please, oh please, come back for the holidays like last year . . . and maybe in the summer too, if I can be so greedy to ask?! πŸ˜‰) But for that honey version, my next fave from Briogeo would be their original hair mask. I'm curious about the new Olaplex one. I have a promo DS size that I've yet to open - I'm being good and going to first finish up this full size hair maksk that is close to being done. 

@Shosh85 

@itsfi @Shosh85 I agree, I quite liked the Honey version and would have picked that up without even second guessing.  I do go through a lot of hair mask (my hair goes down to my hips and has quite dry ends), so the low volume on the Olaplex one had me wondering if there would be enough to make it worth it. 

@itsfi  I almost always have drink it up in stock!! The sheet mask looks amazing for the dry months!!

@ather, I used the Drink It Up mask as my moisturizer today. πŸ˜ Held up well through mask wearing too. Well, so far at least. Yes, this sheet mask was very nourishing. 

12,391 Replies