Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather Haha, I am so glad I am not the only one.

@QueenMarceline  Oh, variety packs are fun - I love that it comes with a brush! This peony one sounds so nice! I feel like most of the masks I've tried from the brand are more like filler masks - enjoyable to use, but nothing amazing.

I'll be interested to hear what your favorite is when you're done trying them all! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I can definitely see that, I think the peony just happened to work quite well for me and I liked the scent and texture. ๐Ÿ™‚

H for Hydro Shot!

20220825_161908.jpg

โ€ƒ

I'm finally making time to try one of these Shake Shot masks by Dr. Jart, this one was Hydrating ๐Ÿ’– perfect ๐Ÿ’– because my skin is sooo dry most of the time. I got this awhile ago so I'm very excited that today is the day ๐Ÿฅณ

I feel like I've been waiting years to try these guys.  Lol

If you like to do it yourself and getting messy this was fun.

20220825_161941_mh1661461091298.jpg

โ€ƒI found it really easy to use,  just combine pouch 1 and pouch 2 in the container and cover the hole on the lid with your finger, and shake. Mine only took one shake to solidify,  but I stirred it a bit with the included spatula just to make sure it blended thoroughly. 

I didn't notice any strong smells, and the mask needs to be applied in 2-3 minutes after mixing so I got to work

20220825_162306.jpg

โ€ƒIt felt like cool rubber spackle. I had enough product to cover my face neck and bit of my decolatage. *yeahy* I always try to treat my neck as well as my face. It dried after 5 minutes,  I tapped it with my finger and it was like not firm, left a bit of moisture on my finger but the product it self had dried even though it looked exactly the same.  It is a leave on 15-20 minutes, I exceeded that a bit but it peeled off easily and my skin was dewy and moisturized underneath. No serum to tap in and not residue, but left over moisture I patted in and applied my moisturizer over top.

I could go out with this level of shine, but I think I'm glad I did this end of day and can sleep with it too absorb more.

If I catch these on sale again ever at Marshals I'm defintley grabbing one. Loved it so much. 

Happy masking!  ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’š

@CynthieLu I'm so so glad you loved it! I think my problem was I was trying not to use all the product to save it for another use, I can't remember, either way, I'm glad it worked out well for you

@lmaster oh defintley a use it all right away product, I knooo thou, saving extra for another mask would be way more frugal ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿฅฐ

@CynthieLu, thatโ€™s great that this modeling / rubber mask worked well for you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I like how the product contains everything you need for use; thatโ€™s helpful and makes the mess of masks like this more self contained. Itโ€™s a mystery for a many of us how the creepy baby face was chosen as the best option for the design of the lid. ๐Ÿคจ 

Lol it makes it unique at least ๐Ÿคฃ

@CynthieLu  Oh fun!! Iโ€™ve seen these at winners and always wanted to grab one. Now next time I see one Iโ€™m grabbing it!!!thanks for your detailed review 

@ather  ๐Ÿ’œ I hope you find one! 

At our Marshall's they've only had these a handful of times, next time they get some in I'm going to pick up more than one ๐Ÿ™ƒ 

@CynthieLu Wow this looks like such a fun and unique mask, so glad this one worked out well for you ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline thank you! I find thier products to be a good quality, and they have a bunch of masks I want to try ๐Ÿคฉ

@CynthieLu Haha, story of my life. I have so many masks that I want to try out on my list ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ same story over here ๐Ÿ˜‹

@CynthieLu  So happy to hear you enjoyed this one! I've tried a couple of these and I definitely think they're entertaining! I like that you can shake it up in the cup to mix it and actually think this one makes less of a mess than your average mix-it-yourself mask. I'm just not too fond of the creepy baby face the brand likes to put on their products ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 your soo right,  way less messy than other mix or yourself types. Lol yes the face on the top of bottle is very wierd looking, almost off putting. I would love to know who designed the bottle and why they decided on that creepy lid ๐Ÿ˜‚

Going with the drugstore/grocery store theme, (and also F for Freeman ๐Ÿ˜‰

I tried out this mask I found at Safeway

D6393E01-03FD-4184-85B1-265DE1B365EA.jpeg

Spoiler

Freeman Beauty Infusion Brightening Sheet Mask

This is a medium-thick cotton sheet mask that was well saturated with a clear watery serum. The scent on this was not what I was expecting- I think usually with vitamin C masks I prepare myself for he worst because I've gotten so many that smell like a cleaning product- but this one smelled like a combo of honey and citrus. It was light and refreshing and not too noticeable while the mask was on. The fit was great - just a little too long at the chin/jawline. It adhered very well and was comfortable to wear the half hour I had it on. When I removed it there was a little serum leftover that was very slightly tacky, but it all absorbed in less than 5 minutes. My face felt refreshed and looked a little brighter and my skin felt soft and smooth.

For some reason I wasn't expecting to like this mask very much but it actually turned out great! I probably wouldn't go through a whole lot of trouble to find it, (not sure if Safeway still carries it) but for the price, I'd definitely repurchase if I happened to walk past it again!

9255D980-E307-4FC3-BF59-D295A631AF3D.jpeg

@Shosh85 honey and citrus sound amazing!!

@lmaster  Yup, it was pretty refreshing! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Yay for a winner! I always find if I go in with extra low expectations I end up loving it!!! Happy this one pleasantly surprised you!

@ather  Yup, isn't that how it always is? You go in with low expectations and it turns out great - or you go in with high expectations and you get let down. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ This one definitely exceeded my expectations! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

21,372 Replies
testing