Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi Wow! This sounds like a real winner, love that it's a 3-in-1. Definitely agree with you that this would be great for travel, I would love to tag something like this along on a business trip or vacation. 

@QueenMarceline, it's always helpful to have on hand a mask pack you like for travel. When I had short trips for work, like 1 or 2 days, I would toss a couple of mask packs like this one in my bag. I think the most difficult part is finding a 3-set that you like. I usually like 2 of the 3 products included and am 'meh' about the other one.

@itsfi You're absolutely right. It's really difficult to find something that has 3 great products in it, but it seems like the one you found is quite great ๐Ÿ™‚

@QueenMarceline, my favorite 3-step was from Julep but, do you want to take a guess at what happened to it?! 

Discontinued!! 

Yup. Of course. โ˜น๏ธ 

I have since found some really good ones, including this one and one from Miguhara - the packaging on that one is fun - it's shaped like a ampoule / serum bottle. The brand has 2-step and 3-step sheet masks.

Thanks for sharing @itsfi ! I agree the cleansers in these kinds of step masks do tend to be really good!

@Kim888, I was happy that all 3 steps were good; thatโ€™s not always the case for me with these mask packs. 

F is for Fig

IMG_20220828_204443828.jpg

• Thin white sheet with clear serum
  • Fit was adverage
  • Scent was more so clean, not fruity
  • Wear time was 15 minutes
  • No lasting tackiness
  • I didn't notice any immediate results from this one, at least not until the next day. I used this mask at night, so in the morning after I washed my face, it felt so so soft and clean without any dryness
  • I loved how it made my skin feel the next day, so I would recommend this being a nighttime sheet before bedIMG_20220828_204452926.jpg

โ€ƒ

Sounds like a good one to use while unwinding at the end of the day, @lmaster!

@quspork couldn't agree more!!

@lmaster 

I'll take that soft skin anyday!

@missy94612 it's the best feeling ever!!

I've eaten figs *yummy* but I've never seen them in skin care tbh @lmaster ,  Sounds like it was a good product for you. I love when it makes your skin glow the next day ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ’œ that's a very good sign of a good mask 

@CynthieLu I was pleasantly surprised by this one, my skin felt so soft the next day

That's a good tell that it's a good mask @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜

@lmaster  I don't think I've tried a fig mask yet! This one sounds pretty decent! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 yes!! If you get a chance to try this one, please do!!

@lmaster This sounds like a lovely mask ๐Ÿ™‚ I adore fig-does this mask smell anything remotely like it (artificial or natural)? I find that I enjoy using (most) face mask at night, it gives me the perception that I can really rate the results over a full night of absorption into the skin ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@QueenMarceline no it didn't smell fruity at all, it really didn't smell like much of anything

@lmaster @That sounds really nice! I like when you get continuing results the next day! 

@Kim888 I was thrilled!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

@lmaster, you donโ€™t see fig too often in sheet masks. Iโ€™ve used a couple and based on those results, am making a note of this one. Farm Skin (or maybe itโ€™s Farmskin) has some good sheet masks in its collection and this fig variety sounds nice.

21,367 Replies
testing