Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Some morning masking from last week with a forgotten wonder.
Forgotten Wonders Mask.jpg

Spoiler
What I Liked:  
So much to love about how hydrated, bouncy and dewy the clear, fresh-scented, slightly viscous watery essence in the Cosnori Miracle Aqua Diamond Mask left my skin after just 30 minutes of wear. A tailored fit can be had with just a few little incisions to the corners of the eye and mouth opening and the extra material at the chin / jawline, and the second skin feel of this exceptionally thin (and possibly Tencel fiber) sheet mask made for an incredibly relaxing and comfortable wear.

Area(s) for Improvement:  
The only downside to this sheet mask is that itโ€™s sadly no longer available. Or at least not that I can readily source. Sigh.

Best Suited For:  
An all around winner, well suited for those with normal or combination skin. I can see those with dry or oily skin enjoying this as well but oily or very oily skin types may need to modify wear time and wring out some of the essence from the mask first, while those with dry or very dry skin may want to add some of the extra essence in the packet to their face before (or after if preferred) applying the mask.

Repurchase?
Yes, if I could find it.
@missjeanie, I loved your masking challenge theme; itโ€™s always been a good one. Sadly, I remembered this one too late as it seems to have been discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜ž It had a 2024 expiration date on it so I didnโ€™t think I needed to rush to use it, but I clearly waited too long since itโ€™s no where to be found. ๐Ÿ” It was a good one. At least I have a few other masks lying around that I can use. ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi  Why are all the good ones discontinued?? Urg. Maybe this one will pop up somewhere!

@ather, I know. It happens with enough regularity that I should expect it but Iโ€™m still let down every time, even though I have plenty other sheet masks that give me similar results. Makes me appreciate the ones that have been around for a while, like the Etude House 0.2mm sheets - though they downsized the number of โ€œflavorsโ€ in that collection this year. ๐Ÿคจ 

@itsfi lol... I feel like alllllll of my masks are forgotten loves lately.  I seem to get back into them in the winter... maybe soon?  lol. The good thing about masks is that even when they're discontinued there's another thousand or so picking up the slack lol

hahahahaha @missjeanie! I'm the same way; I use a sheet mask with much less frequency in the warmer months, summer especially. I've found my skin does better this way and this spring-summer season confirmed that. When it's warm, I use a sheet mask maybe 1-2, possibly 3, times per week. When we start moving towards cooler weather (and I think  you're right, now or soon), I reach for a sheet mask about 3-7 times per week. Makes sense, my skin is more dehydrated and also leans on the dry side when the temperatures drop. Gone are the days when I'd try to do one sheet mask per day. Better to listen to my skin and give it what it needs and sometimes that's a break from masking.

lol. That's so true; funny and true - there'll always be a mask waiting in the wings.I was keeping 80-100 on hand at a given time, but I think I'm going to work through the group of sheet masks I have now and then my plan is just to keep one to two dozen and a mask pack on hand at all times and just replenish / restock when I get down to 

@itsfi Bless!  If you can get down to a dozen or so I'd be in awe!!  Lol... Someday I'll be able to be that minimal... someday...

@itsfi you know I'm not surprised it's discontinued.... That's a bummer

lol @lmaster; it's certainly becoming that way, isn't it?! At some point, we'll  be that a particular sheet mask hasn't been discontinued. Hahaha! 

Thatโ€™s beautiful, sorry itโ€™s gone! @itsfi 

Yeah @sister13, it's hard to see the good ones go; even if there are new sheet masks. 

โ€œThe only downside to this sheet mask is that itโ€™s sadly no longer available.โ€

Yes, big sigh, @itsfi. This is an all-too-common problem in all things beauty-related.   

@eshoe, it's nice that there are new formulae, products and sheet masks that come along; the downside, though, is that sometimes, something has to go to make room for that newness.

This mask sounds lovely @itsfi  hopefully they bring it back soon,  or at least make it available in your area ๐Ÿ™‚

@CynthieLu, it was a nice one for my skin. I have one more place I can check near me to see if they carry it. I will have to do that the next time I'm in that area - I'm trying to be good and not have too many sheet masks in the house at one time. lol

@itsfi @Always disappointing when you use a mask and canโ€™t buy more! Glad to hear it worked well for you 

@Kim888, it seems that more and more masks are being discontinued of late. On the one hand, it means less masks to have on hand and I've used plenty of masks that I can generally usually find something similar most of the time, but on the other hand, it is a bit of a let down to know that it's the last time I'll use that mask. 

I found this at the bottom of a cart in my bathroom.  I had forgotten about it.  

I liked how my skin felt so soft.  Itโ€™s an overnight mask.  

24557C1B-60C0-4505-BBC8-964CA11056F5.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Cissy63 yaaaaaaay for finding a lovely mask that was forgotten

Oh, how fun to discover a little find like this, @Cissy63! Happy to hear it gave your skin the love and attention it needed. 

Yes, indeed !  It helped give me some needed softening.  Very happy to rediscover it @eshoe ๐ŸŒบ

@Cissy63 there's nothing like waking up to soft beautiful skin ๐Ÿ˜ I love finding our own gems after losing track of them ๐Ÿ˜‰

21,373 Replies
testing