Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I'm pretty sure they have other varieties to on this brand @lmaster   I really want to try Wander Beauty's eye mask if it turns up in a Winners or Marshall's ๐Ÿคฉ

Nice, thanks for the detailed description! @CynthieLu 

Yvw @sister13 

That sounds like a great little eye mask, @CynthieLu! Little touches like the spatula are always appreciated, too ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Totally agree @eshoe it's the little things that can really impress you

9.16.2022 Sephora Collection Overnight Mask.jpg

Spoiler

I've been incorporating the SEPHORA COLLECTION Super Glow Mask with Vitamins C + E in my routine for a couple of months now. This unscented, gel-cream feels light when spread across the face but there's also enough richness to the consistency that my skin feels it is being nourished. The product has an apricot hue in the tub but this tint is undetectable when applied on the skin. My drier leaning skin absorbs the product with ease and feels lightly moisturizing; there's the slightest bit of tack that very quickly dissipates

Used as an overnight mask, my skin feels soft and smooth the next morning. It looks refreshed and brightened as well. Over time, this brightening effect takes on more radiance, as the product, with regular use, reduces the appearance of darker spots. 

I've also used this product as a daytime moisturizer in a pinch and it has performed well to hydrate and moisturize my skin, and also to prep and prime it for makeup

Overall, it's a nice mask. I have used a plethora of sleeping masks since I've started masking so it's always tough when a new one joins the mix. This one falls in the middle of the pack - it's a good mask. I really like that the reformulation that the Sephora Collection has done with its skincare products has included the removal of added fragrance from the ingredients. The middle categorization really has to do with my having some sleeping masks that I either love or just like slightly more than this one. That said, I would happily recommend it. 

9.16.2022 SC Glow Mask swatch 2.jpg
9.16.2022 SC Glow Mask swatch 1.jpg

@itsfi  Oh I like the idea of helping dark spots.  Sounds like you have a winner.

@itsfi  This one sounds so lovely!! I love that SC is a great affordable option as well!! 

@ather, agreed! The combination of vitamins C and E is supposed to be good for the skin too! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@itsfi sounds lovely

@lmaster, it was. Another sleeping mask to add to the list of good ones. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi 

How often do you use sleeping masks? Can you use them every night?

@missy94612, most sleeping masks say to use once or twice per week. I donโ€™t typically veer too far away from that; depending on the season, my usage is typically 0 - 3 times per week but the 3x is rare; typically in the cooler season and I have a heavy or busy travel schedule. I have used them every night on one, maybe two, occasions since I first learned of sleeping masks. I typically donโ€™t deviate too far from whatโ€™s recommended. 

I

habe a couple of SC skincare products in the vault (but not this one). Glad to hear you were pleased with it. @itsfi 

@sister13, love that you have a skincare vault! Thatโ€™s awesome. ๐Ÿคฉ 

@itsfi this sounds like a mask I would use. The consistency and lack of scent make it a great option for just wanting to give your skin some love without the fuss. Thank you for the review!

@eshoe, itโ€™s a nice mask; hope it performs well for you if you decide to pick it up.

Thanks for the review on this one, @itsfi! It sounds like a pretty decent option for that price point. 

@quspork, I think a lot of the Sephora Collection products are underrated. They have some good products regardless of the price point. Theirs makes some even more enticing. 

@itsfi I agree with you,  fragrance can be nice but it's not for everyone. I like when it's left out just because my skin is so sensitive and sometimes it can or can't handle it in my masks.

I think the price point on this one wouldn't be to bad either ๐Ÿ™‚

@CynthieLu, added fragrance seems to have been taken out of many products with this particular reformulation. I think itโ€™s a good move. I can appreciate that the brand has French origins where parfum is used often in formulas and is expected to be there. But with skincare and here in North America, added fragrance isnโ€™t necessarily looked upon that same way and to your point, it can be problematic especially for our sensitive skin. 

21,373 Replies
testing